Class of 2019 - WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech

Bottom of the ACC less than a month before signing day. 87th nationally with only 65 power 5 programs. Yikes.

Of all the things to be concerned about with our football program, this coaching staff's ability to recruit and identify talent is not one of them.

We're going to do just fine with this class. And in two years, the ratings are going to look foolish.

This isn't faith without evidence any more -- now there's evidence. Trust the process.

Just putting it out there...maybe once Nazir puts it out there with the staff, maybe HCDFB thinks I am ok with this as now that I have seen the team develop this year, I can use that ship elsewhere. HCDFB will turn this into a positive.

Of all the things to be concerned about with our football program, this coaching staff's ability to recruit and identify talent is not one of them.

We're going to do just fine with this class. And in two years, the ratings are going to look foolish.

This isn't faith without evidence any more -- now there's evidence. Trust the process.

I have little doubt the guys they end up closing this class out with will be studs. There are some high end recruits we are involved with and i'm sure there are some more that we aren't aware of.

Someone’s in his ear... #respect my opinion.
Sounds like his parents are in his ear actually ...and for whatever reason. Glad that he has done this very respectfully, though. And it sounds like he still holds Cuse in high regard

I have little doubt the guys they end up closing this class out with will be studs. There are some high end recruits we are involved with and i'm sure there are some more that we aren't aware of.
Yup yup

Please refrain from using that phrase. It is strictly in regards to the 76ers. Bills fans using it is already terrible enough.

Agreed 100%

Please refrain from using that phrase. It is strictly in regards to the 76ers. Bills fans using it is already terrible enough.

What a narrow minded view.

But I certainly agree that Bills fans are terrible.

What a narrow minded view.

But I certainly agree that Bills fans are terrible.

I dont see how its narrow minded. It was brought into the sports lexicon by Sam Hinkie during their delightful tanking rebuild and now just gets thrown around all willy nilly.

I dont see how its narrow minded. It was brought into the sports lexicon by Sam Hinkie during their delightful tanking rebuild and now just gets thrown around all willy nilly.

When someone appoints you the arbiter who gets to approve board content, I'll be certain to adhere to your completely arbitrary requirements.

Until then, don't condescend to tell others what to post.

When someone appoints you the arbiter who gets to approve board content, I'll be certain to adhere to your completely arbitrary requirements.

Oh man, do I tell people how that arbiter thing works?

Alright. Roll Orange!

Hopefully the kid sees the potential and the opportunity he would have here. Would love to see him in Orange. Sometimes you have to hear and see what is out there to realize what you can have. I'm sure the staff told him the risks involved with decomitting. Good luck to him and hopefully he finds his way back!

Well... casualties of recruiting higher quality people. They’re going to get calls from bigger fish.

Are you talking Nazar or Syracuse? Works for both!

A verbal commitment is not binding in any way. I don't believe that you're no longer allowed to take OV's after giving a verbal. So my question is, if he's still got Syracuse #1, and just wants to go check out other offers, and do his due diligence, then why even bother tweeting that you've de-committed? He could still remain verbally committed, and still check out the other schools.
Sounds to me his mind is made up.

Not sure about Baber's, but a lot of coaches frown on recruits taking OV while committed. Some coaches will pull offers if you do. Not saying Dino is that way.

How many OV's did he take? I don't blame the kid for taking more and playing the field so to speak as long as he is honest and respectful which he was.

Not sure about Baber's, but a lot of coaches frown on recruits taking OV while committed. Some coaches will pull offers if you do. Not saying Dino is that way.

OR - it may be that some coaches won't allow a kid to OV *if* he is committed to another school.

Dino does not appear to be either of these things by his actions, so it's probably not coming from our end.

Only so many spots at WR ….. Burnett is out ….we will fill his spot just fine...

As far as we know, Nunn's offer wasn't pulled when he was hanging out at Miami.

He's going to have to come in and work for his spot. Nothing is going to be handed to him. Trishton Jackson, Sean Riley, Nykeim Johnson and Taj Harris are going to be competing for the top four spots. Penn State (if he has an offer) is probably a better situation for him.

Do we know if Burnett is qualified ?
I would be pretty shocked if a kid from McDevitt doesn't qualify. Sure it could happen but it's a great school and bit time sports so I'm sure they know all the ins and outs of the process and get the kids moving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom