Class of 2019 - WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech

Michigan also has 2 WR's (4* & 3*) and a 4* TE in their current class of 24.
I think we will just have to wait and see where he takes his OVs to know who is after him.

Bottom of the ACC less than a month before signing day. 87th nationally with only 65 power 5 programs. Yikes.
Before the early signing day. We have a long way to go. We'll be fine. If we end up ranked higher than 50, I'm cool with it. We've seen what Dino can do with a team of classes that all ranked in the 40's and 50's. If we've learned anything from Dino, it's have faith. I have faith, that Dino is excellent at fitting the pieces into his system.

I look at it this way. Syracuse is doing what it needs to do on the field where it really counts to this point. Young Mr. Burnett wants to explore all his options and has not eliminated Syracuse. He has spoken to Coach Babers and seems to be satisfied in whatever coach told him. In the mean time, I'm sure the Syracuse Recruit
Staff is out finding a suitable replacement in the event Burnett has moved on. In any event, that's how recruiting goes. The only thing that really matters is the signature on the NLI on the signing days. Go Orange!!!!!

Before the early signing day. We have a long way to go. We'll be fine. If we end up ranked higher than 50, I'm cool with it. We've seen what Dino can do with a team of classes that all ranked in the 40's and 50's. If we've learned anything from Dino, it's have faith. I have faith, that Dino is excellent at fitting the pieces into his system.
The early signing day was supposed to benefit low ranked programs. The 2nd tier guys sign then instead of getting picked off as bigger program’s plan b’s in February

Last edited:
he was a nice get.. but WR was one spot that we could take a hit if we have too. lots of other needs, would be nice if getting some great pub led to 1-2 high profile guys though
Agree...deep into the season it is becoming apparent that WR is looking pretty good and we haven’t seen Hendrix yet who was jewel in last class due to injury.

we got about 5 kids next yr we havent seen, but anyone watching can see we play 4-5 all the time and i suspect we throw even more next yr

I can understand getting wooed by the blue bloods but I will never understand it as a wide receiver. Especially knowing the SU QB next year is a gunslinger.

Michigan top 5 WR:
25 catches / 364
25 catches / 350
23 catches / 373
16 catches / 119
11 catches / 108
143 total roster catches / 1805 yards

Syracuse top 5 WR:
51 catches / 552
40 catches / 734
32 catches / 462
22 catches / 329
14 catches / 126
200 total roster catches / 2469 yards

Now my spin is that if we're going to lose someone we can take the hit at WR. We're loaded and introduce, Jackson, Hendrix and Queeley to the mix. We're only losing Custis. (really like burnett though)

I'll also add, this is a de-commitment where we're still an option and the door is still open. Harbaugh couldn't beat us for Iffy, he might lose this one to.

Last edited:
I betcha it's Pitt, guys. They are selling leading the Coastal division right now and selling knocking off Cuse.
Well who wouldn’t be absolutely drawn to a 500 team...bama better watch out

I look at it this way. Syracuse is doing what it needs to do on the field where it really counts to this point. Young Mr. Burnett wants to explore all his options and has not eliminated Syracuse. He has spoken to Coach Babers and seems to be satisfied in whatever coach told him. In the mean time, I'm sure the Syracuse Recruit
Staff is out finding a suitable replacement in the event Burnett has moved on. In any event, that's how recruiting goes. The only thing that really matters is the signature on the NLI on the signing days. Go Orange!!!!!
You sign the next guy and move on

No. We need better talent. We need to stack talent.

I can understand getting wooed by the blue bloods but I will never understand it as a wide receiver. Especially knowing the SU QB next year is a gunslinger.

Michigan top 5 WR:
25 catches / 364
25 catches / 350
23 catches / 373
16 catches / 119
11 catches / 108
143 total roster catches / 1805 yards

Syracuse top 5 WR:
51 catches / 552
40 catches / 734
32 catches / 462
22 catches / 329
14 catches / 126
200 total roster catches / 2469 yards

Now my spin is that if we're going to lose someone we can take the hit at WR. We're loaded and introduce, Jackson, Hendrix and Queeley to the mix. We're only losing Custis.

I'll also add, this is a de-commitment where we're still an option and the door is still open. Harbaugh couldn't beat us for Iffy, he might lose this one to.
Then why decommit unless you gonna comit to them?

I’m not a wait and see what he does type guy. Let’s go to the next guy. It isn’t a major need at this point and if he doesn’t like our offense and the amount balls he would catch ok we gotta go. Upwards and onwards. Only want people who wanna be here. That means they will fight hard for us which does make a difference. Movinnng on uuuuppp into the penthouse in the skyyy.

Then why decommit unless you gonna comit to them?

Maybe he doesn't have an offer. As CL mentioned and I agree with. I'm speculating that he's getting blue blood interest (pedo, osu, umich, others and basically the sharks are circling) and wants to take his official visits. Again speculating, that maybe after speaking with HCDB about it was told to de-commit. He says in the tweet - I hope that Syracuse is still an option. Hoping the school leaves the door open is not a very common thing to say when de-committing. Of course, just a guess.

Maybe he doesn't have an offer. As CL mentioned and I agree with. I'm speculating that he's getting blue blood interest (pedo, osu, umich, others and basically the sharks are circling) and wants to take his official visits. Again speculating, that maybe after speaking with HCDB about it was told to de-commit. He says in the tweet - I hope that Syracuse is still an option. Hoping the school leaves the door open is not a very common thing to say when de-committing. Of course, just a guess.
And some schools aren't going to pay for OVs if they don't think a recruit has some type of serious interest. Maybe he thinks the only way is to decommit so he can take those paid OVs or that was the agreement with Babers.

And some schools aren't going to pay for OVs if they don't think a recruit has some type of serious interest. Maybe he thinks the only way is to decommit so he can take those paid OVs or that was the agreement with Babers.

and he may 'need' to visit to get the offer. They want to see him in person so they can, you know, size him up. very common.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom