Class of 2019 - WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech

Mining recruits from Bishop McDevitt and the area up through Scranton has always produced some great players and its an easy drive. Fingers crossed he stays with us.

Not sure about Baber's, but a lot of coaches frown on recruits taking OV while committed. Some coaches will pull offers if you do. Not saying Dino is that way.
It's been said by recruits, and Babers, that he encourages them to do their due diligence before committing. I can't remember which recruit it was in the last class, mentioned in an article, that he had a commitable offer, and wanted to commit on his official, and Babers told him to pump the breaks, and takes his visits. The recruit said that went a long way in showing how "real" Dino is.

He's going to have to come in and work for his spot. Nothing is going to be handed to him. Trishton Jackson, Sean Riley, Nykeim Johnson and Taj Harris are going to be competing for the top four spots. Penn State (if he has an offer) is probably a better situation for him.
And don't forget Hendrix, Queeley and few others I believe.

He's going to have to come in and work for his spot. Nothing is going to be handed to him. Trishton Jackson, Sean Riley, Nykeim Johnson and Taj Harris are going to be competing for the top four spots. Penn State (if he has an offer) is probably a better situation for him.

Taking two minutes to look at PSU commits, it looks like PSU has high-4 star and 5 star players at WR on their roster and coming in. Not sure why you'd think there'd be less competition there.

Taking two minutes to look at PSU commits, it looks like PSU has high-4 star and 5 star players at WR on their roster and coming in. Not sure why you'd think there'd be less competition there.

Despite what this board thinks, PA kids dream of a Penn State offer. Cuse has been burned in recent years by this regardless of star rating.

Because Penn state leads the p5 in dropped passes

I'll tell you what, If I'm a WR recruit Syr is the place to be. Michigan's leading receiver would be our 4th according to stats. We play 4 at a time too. I think Syr is going to become a hot bed for transfers from big time football factories that didnt live up to what the 18 year old was told.

I'll tell you what, If I'm a WR recruit Syr is the place to be. Michigan's leading receiver would be our 4th according to stats. We play 4 at a time too. I think Syr is going to become a hot bed for transfers from big time football factories that didnt live up to what the 18 year old was told.

Perhaps but we need to start turning out some real WR NFL pros and contributors on that level first, IMO. I mean Babers has recently said a few times that they need to get back to putting players into the NFL.

Perhaps but we need to start turning out some real WR NFL pros and contributors on that level first, IMO. I mean Babers has recently said a few times that they need to get back to putting players into the NFL.

The crazy thing is I thought both AET and Ish were good enough to at least get drafted. It looks like both are fringe NFL players. Both had monster years. Now imagine the season a legit early round NFL draft pick can put up in this offense. It's just a matter of time now that we are showing we can produce big winning seasons in a offense friendly system before 4star recruits are going to start committing.

Chicken and egg. Need the raw materials first.

The crazy thing is I thought both AET and Ish were good enough to at least get drafted. It looks like both are fringe NFL players. Both had monster years. Now imagine the season a legit early round NFL draft pick can put up in this offense. It's just a matter of time now that we are showing we can produce big winning seasons in a offense friendly system before 4star recruits are going to start committing.
This season and this week, should be eye-openers for anyone who doubts that SU can be nationally relevant again...including the negatoids in our own fan base.
If you’re an upper tier recruit and haven’t figured that out yet, then you’re not paying attention.
LG-fricken-O!

Last edited:

They were both big strong receivers who could go get the ball, but neither had the necessary speed.

Any word on potential visits for nazir? Seems like time is running a bit short but maybe not?

Last edited:
Bummer. Where to?
Hate to say it, but the name I keep getting told to me is Pitt. Not sure if any bigger teams have been sniffing around either.

Hate to say it, but the name I keep getting told to me is Pitt. Not sure if any bigger teams have been sniffing around either.

giphy.gif

Any word on potential visits for nazir? Seems like time is running a bit short but maybe not?
I don't see anything but he has plenty of time. Commits don't have to sign until February.

Jaggerbush!
That would be hilarious!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom