Class of 2015 - WR/OLB Alex Parkinson (NY) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/OLB Alex Parkinson (NY) Offered

Looks like Syracuse is his first offer...very under the radar.

Parkinson also plays Basketball.

Last edited:
http://varsityinsider.lohudblogs.co...iffer-competition-sleepy-seeks-class-a-redux/

"I spent a few minutes checking in with Mamaroneck and Sleepy Hollow tonight. They are two of the county’s more intriguing teams. Mamaroneck faced scrutiny last year after it played a weak schedule and still earned one of the four coveted playoff spots in Class AA.
Six sophomores were key contributors on that team, including Marquez Jackson-Allen and Alex Parkinson, who are featured below in my video."

nice highight tape. little bit of everything, catching, hitting, blocking, intercepting...

Wow he's got some good size and speed. Maybe an athlete for the defense. Ball hawking safety?

Kevin Devaney Jr.‏@MSGVarsityKDJ 15h
Alex Parkinson had last year cut short by injury in Week 3.

Looks like a good pass rushing DE for sure. We are on him first and if he wants to play a bit of hoops, we have a pretty good program there too. People may get angry when we take shots at Rob Moore the recruiter but it is clear that things have picked up bigtime in NY/NJ with the new blood handling things

Looks like a good pass rushing DE for sure. We are on him first and if he wants to play a bit of hoops, we have a pretty good program there too. People may get angry when we take shots at Rob Moore the recruiter but it is clear that things have picked up bigtime in NY/NJ with the new blood handling things

Why did he commit?

http://varsityinsider.lohudblogs.co...iffer-competition-sleepy-seeks-class-a-redux/

"I spent a few minutes checking in with Mamaroneck and Sleepy Hollow tonight. They are two of the county’s more intriguing teams. Mamaroneck faced scrutiny last year after it played a weak schedule and still earned one of the four coveted playoff spots in Class AA.
Six sophomores were key contributors on that team, including Marquez Jackson-Allen and Alex Parkinson, who are featured below in my video."
Good hands speed and balance maks for a quality recruit to go after. i've seen worse.

There were supposed to be several others including Washington but it appears to be just Strickland on Saturday and Parkinson on Sunday. If Ano is right and we could possibly see two commits that would be great.

i mean in no way am i saying we are going to get 2 commitments. i just have a good feeling, and think we have a chance to pick 1, possibly 2 up. no inside info or anything other then us being in good position.

i mean in no way am i saying we are going to get 2 commitments. i just have a good feeling, and think we have a chance to pick 1, possibly 2 up. no inside info or anything other then us being in good position.
Hey I thought this was written in blood! I understand, I feel good about Parkinson this weekend. Not sure about Strickland this weekend but feel good about him in general.

Kevin Devaney Jr.‏@MSGVarsityKDJ 15h
Alex Parkinson had last year cut short by injury in Week 3.

That explains why such a promising looking player did not make all region and all state teams.

I love big kids that can run. Alex certainly fits that bill. Thought his tape, mostly from his sophomore year, was extremely impressive. Really agile, hits really hard, excellent anticipation and burst. Shafer must love him; he would be perfect for his defense.

Based on Alex's film, I consider him one of the top 5 prospects in NYS for the class of 2015.

Last edited:
Alex Parkinson‏@alpa115 19m
Just got offered by Syracuse

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1420300/alex-Parkinson

Mamaroneck HS.

That's the first highlight film I've watched from beginning to end in I don't know how long, because I wanted to see more!

Quality versatile pickup you could put in a lot of different positions on the field and he could be successful.

Yeah this Guy is a talent I'd love to see him at LB and still able to cover a WR in the passing game. I'd like to see him lined up at WR as the blocking receiver for those wr screens we seem to like so much, he would lock up his guy and drive him back 10 yards instead of just trying to hold the CB for 1 second which is what we currently do. Highlight tape says Solid Athlete.