Class of 2021 - WR Oronde Gadsden II (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Oronde Gadsden II (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. So where is the HUDL video? ;)

Have to keep after you youngins all the time.
This is why you’re a wizard and I’m simply a magistrate

We had a Gadsden once back in the 90s. Too lazy to check if same spelling. Any relation?

It is.

I think Dad is one of the American Heritage coaches.
His dad went to Winston-Salem. Probably not going to be a factor in his son's recruitment.

I'm a Dolphins fan and Oronde Gadsden was a good receiver for the Fins back in the 1990s and early 2000s. Unfortunately, the way the CBA worked, he never got a good payday as a pro. For whatever reason, the Fins were able to just keep extending him at a relatively low salary.

It is.

I think Dad is one of the American Heritage coaches.
He is the assistant coach and former Dolphins CB Patrick Surtain is the head coach

He is the assistant coach and former Dolphins CB Patrick Surtain is the head coach
Not a bad spot to get Monroe’s foot in the door at!

Not a bad spot to get Monroe’s foot in the door at!

Great intro!...but he NEEDS to get in with Mr. Laurie (WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL) as well. In fact, He owns the Boca/Delray school as well.

Mr. Laurie is a great guy. He ALWAYS had my back & gave me free reign when I coached there. There is NOTHING I won't do for that man, because He has ALWAYS been supportive of me & my family for over 28yrs. I was the 1st black coach @ Plantation American Heritage. I let my younger brother take over (who I coached at running back) take over my role & now his son is a running back there.

Great Memories & an even greater tomorrow.....

I'm a Dolphins fan and Oronde Gadsden was a good receiver for the Fins back in the 1990s and early 2000s. Unfortunately, the way the CBA worked, he never got a good payday as a pro. For whatever reason, the Fins were able to just keep extending him at a relatively low salary.

Same.

IIRC, Gadsden was working in a UPS distribution center, clinging to the dream of the NFL by playing in the arena league. Got an invite to camp with Dolphins at something like age 27 / 28, made the team, and the rest is history.

He wasn't elite, but he had a season or two of legit starting caliber production.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.