Class of 2018 - WR Paul Woods (NY) Grad Transfer from URI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Paul Woods (NY) Grad Transfer from URI

Of this I'm confident: Whatever Wake's HC is cooking on offense is burnt, old and has little use for WR.

He just released a top 3 of Wake, Rutgers, and Buffalo. Said Cuse is still in contact with him every day

He just released a top 3 of Wake, Rutgers, and Buffalo. Said Cuse is still in contact with him every day

Yikes. Hate to be that guy, but that list makes me think we're back burning him.

If you're a WR, Wake and Rutgers are 2nd tier.

Yuck - out of that grouping Wake is the easy choice, but geeeeez, for a WR that's painful

Last edited:
Yikes. Hate to be that guy, but that list makes me think we're back burning him.

Agreed. He's either a backup plan for Cuse or he really wants to get out of state and is just paying lip service to Buffalo (he lives 5 mins from their campus)

could be any number of reasons though. from grades to where he ranks on the board.

there are 2 positions where i'm all in with the staff's evals; QB and WR.

Last edited:
could be any number of reasons though. from grades to where he ranks on the board.

there are 2 positions where i'm all in with the staff's evals; QB and WR.

Kinda off topic, but do we have enough proof to not trust the staff's evals for other positions?

Kinda off topic, but do we have enough proof to not trust the staff's evals for other positions?
I get the point of the question, but it's tough to look past AET and not see that as the staff's ability to eval that position. He may have exceeded even their expectations, but they saw something that everyone else missed, including Maryland, and brought him in. Dino seems to suggest that he may have left some stats on the field due to down field and perimeter blocking. I am sure they coached him up some, but that is part of the evaluation IMO.

I get the point of the question, but it's tough to look past AET and not see that as the staff's ability to eval that position. He may have exceeded even their expectations, but they saw something that everyone else missed, including Maryland, and brought him in. Dino seems to suggest that he may have left some stats on the field due to down field and perimeter blocking. I am sure they coached him up some, but that is part of the evaluation IMO.

yeah - I agree. I have the utmost respect for their WR/QB evals. I think we've seen enough.

But I think they are doing okay at the other positions too... Not enough to say either way, I guess.

He didn't do enough at the downstate camp last summer for an offer. The staff has seen him play multiple times. I just don't think he has what they're looking for.

Good luck to him wherever he goes. Hope for his sake it's not Rutgers.

He didn't do enough at the downstate camp last summer for an offer. The staff has seen him play multiple times. I just don't think he has what they're looking for.

Good luck to him wherever he goes. Hope for his sake it's not Rutgers.
I look at this kid is a good kid and I wish him luck even if its at Rutgers. And maybe for his sake he may be the best receiver @RU and gets plenty of playing time.

WHAT? Didn't you see our game against pitt this past season? It was a hoops score...
542 rushing attempts to 324 pass attempts for the season.
Oh and the game against us, yeah I watched them make 19 pass attempts (9 completions) and rush the ball 40 times. So I'm not sure what you are your point is?

And Dads' response when a SU fan tweeted about the Syracuse envelopes...

Another WR who would have been a big contributor at WR for Syracuse in previous years, but just not quite good enough to play in this offense.

Canisius is one of the best HS football programs in NYS. They produce a lot of good players (many from Canada). It would have been nice to get in there but this was just not meant to be.

Best of luck to Paul. I hope he has a great college career.

Another WR who would have been a big contributor at WR for Syracuse in previous years, but just not quite good enough to play in this offense.

Canisius is one of the best HS football programs in NYS. They produce a lot of good players (many from Canada). It would have been nice to get in there but this was just not meant to be.

Best of luck to Paul. I hope he has a great college career.
Totally agree with this. Doug and Scott would have took this kid. Woods has a Jarrod West/Ben Lewis type skill set. Good hands and route running but can't consistently get seperation from DB's. With what he wants to do on offense, Dino can't chance it. Unfortunately I think he's going to Rutgers.

Totally agree with this. Doug and Scott would have took this kid. Woods has a Jarrod West/Ben Lewis type skill set. Good hands and route running but can't consistently get seperation from DB's. With what he wants to do on offense, Dino can't chance it. Unfortunately I think he's going to Rutgers.
Id go cincy. But then again im not him.

WHAT? Didn't you see our game against pitt this past season? It was a hoops score...
Also Pitt's OC is now the OC at LSU. I'd expect they'll be running the ball a lot for the next few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom