Class of 2016 - WR/S Sadiq Palmer (NJ) Verbal to UMass | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/S Sadiq Palmer (NJ) Verbal to UMass

Per twitter...

New #Syracuse offeree NJ WR Sadiq Palmer, who visited for the spring game, said the offer left him speechless:

I don't know kid looks pretty damn good not to have any offers. I hope we want him as a WR. Has nice wiggle for someone that's 6'3 and can go up and make plays in traffic. I'd be shocked if he doesn't pick up more offers during the eval period.

I don't know kid looks pretty damn good not to have any offers. I hope we want him as a WR. Has nice wiggle for someone that's 6'3 and can go up and make plays in traffic. I'd be shocked if he doesn't pick up more offers during the eval period.

Agreed. Also earned all-area honors in hoops. I like receivers with good hoop backgrounds.

I was impressed from a physical standpoint. He passes the "look" test. Looks every bit of 6-foot-3, and is already pretty nicely filled out for a kid his age.

That's what I thought. He has great vision in eluding opponents in traffic, and he certainly high points the ball well. He turns up the field easy on the screen plays and. Just ridiculously fluid looking.

Does he play in some low quality area of NJ? Also do we know anything about his personality? Is he a kid we expect to remain on our side? Or is this a moved similar to Davis a year ago, where he jumped ship immediately after blowing up not even really giving us a chance to stay in the race.

That's what I thought. He has great vision in eluding opponents in traffic, and he certainly high points the ball well. He turns up the field easy on the screen plays and. Just ridiculously fluid looking.

Does he play in some low quality area of NJ? Also do we know anything about his personality? Is he a kid we expect to remain on our side? Or is this a moved similar to Davis a year ago, where he jumped ship immediately after blowing up not even really giving us a chance to stay in the race.
I get the sense from reading some of his quotes, he's gonna stick with us. Especially if we can lock down Anthony Brown.

I get the sense from reading some of his quotes, he's gonna stick with us. Especially if we can lock down Anthony Brown.
Nice. I mean I only mentioned that because he clearly looks like a kid who could blow up onto the national stag

Nice. I mean I only mentioned that because he clearly looks like a kid who could blow up onto the national stag
Yeah, he already LOOKS like a D1 receiver. I can't say it enough: really, really well put together, and appears to be every bit of 6-3.

Red Bank HS regularly pumps out BCS level talent so they are definitely scouted pretty heavily. I believe that's where Liam Smith goes as well.

EDIT: Check that Liam Smith goes to Red Bank Catholic I got the 2 confused. I think Red Bank Catholic is the one that usually has P5 talent.

Red Bank HS regularly pumps out BCS level talent so they are definitely scouted pretty heavily. I believe that's where Liam Smith goes as well.
So then why doesn't he have any other offers? I mean I realize there's a hundred reasons why certain kids don't get offered early, but he certainly looks like a kid I want on my team. Do I dare ask the dreaded academics question?

I don't mean to accuse him of not being a good student, just trying to figure out why he only has the one offer. Then again how many offers do you need if you've got the one you want?

Reminds of a player who's no. is 1 and dresses in Grey and blue up on the hill here on Saturdays .

I actually like this kid as he looks like he could be physically tough enough to play multiple positions.

I don't think he is a 4.5 kid though,more like a 4.7 kid that with the right training could get in the 4.5 range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom