Class of 2018 - WR Shaquon Anderson-Butts (PA) Verbal to PSU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Shaquon Anderson-Butts (PA) Verbal to PSU

jekelish

Living Legend
We haven't offered him yet, but I'm hoping he winds up on SU's radar. 6-0, already has an offer from Temple, and from Harrisburg. He's also very good friends with Jalen Mayden, who you might remember as "that TX QB who is currently our top QB target in 2018 and the brother of one of the best CBs in the class of 2016"...

He's extremely interested in Syracuse.

This irks me

This kid has been trying to get the SU coaches to pay attention to him. He's been openly campaigning. And now he's getting offers, already, from Penn State. So much for that.

Relax. He's a 2018. And I for one am hoping that Franklin implodes this year.

Last edited:
Relax. He's a 2018. And I for one am hoping that Franklin implodes this year.
I agree it is on the 2018 recruits but theirs no time like the present to get him thinking and interested, and what Franklin are you talking about , waiting to I believe you meant EXPLODE

I agree it is on the 2018 recruits but theirs no time like the present to get him thinking and interested, and what Franklin are you talking about , waiting to I believe you meant EXPLODE
Franklin as in Penn State's coach. So no, she definitely meant implode.

And yes, it's early. But I'm a little perturbed by the fact that Syracuse coaches were tipped off weeks ago about this kid's interest level and the general response was "...meh." They've apparently been showing a little more interest, but this is a top level talent we could have/should have gotten in on before the schools like Penn State did, and we dragged our feet.

It's early though, yes.

This is true. I believe there is way to much of this where the coaches are waiting to make a move on some of these kids. At least get out there and show that you have some interest in them. A lot of the these kids will remember who is the first to start recruiting them.

Primary focus is 2016.
Secondary focus is 2017
2018, although they've been working some kids, is down the order, especially now.

Also, who knows how this kid scores for them. I see a lot I like and had an inkling he'd be a national level recruit before the PSU offer, but, they have their own process. And they work that process. Can't expect them to run to every rumor they hear and jump on every lead. I once had a coach tell me that during peak recruiting times they get thousands of emails, thousands. From parents, players, coaches, fans, everybody.

This is true. I believe there is way to much of this where the coaches are waiting to make a move on some of these kids. At least get out there and show that you have some interest in them. A lot of the these kids will remember who is the first to start recruiting them.

There are specific rules regarding the recruitment of different classes. This kid is a sophomore. The NCAA recruiting rules state that all the coaches can do is send him camp info/brochures, HE can make visits to campus for and unofficial or HE can call the coaches. The staff is NOT allowed to send him recruiting materials, Call him or visit with him off campus. Also he is not allowed to take an official visit until his Senior year.

So if he really wanted to meet the coaches he should have attended one of the camps.

There are specific rules regarding the recruitment of different classes. This kid is a sophomore. The NCAA recruiting rules state that all the coaches can do is send him camp info/brochures, HE can make visits to campus for and unofficial or HE can call the coaches. The staff is NOT allowed to send him recruiting materials, Call him or visit with him off campus. Also he is not allowed to take an official visit until his Senior year.

So if he really wanted to meet the coaches he should have attended one of the camps.
When I dropped of shy I talked to a couple coaches about him. Told him the younger mayden is a good friend and he has high interest in Cuse. When I mentioned his name thEy didn't really know who he was. I look at a couple of them following as a good sign and maybe some interest in the future. I follow the kid on Twitter and he kills me cause he tweets constantly but I don't want to unfollow this kid. He looks to be a great player down the road

Primary focus is 2016.
Secondary focus is 2017
2018, although they've been working some kids, is down the order, especially now.

Also, who knows how this kid scores for them. I see a lot I like and had an inkling he'd be a national level recruit before the PSU offer, but, they have their own process. And they work that process. Can't expect them to run to every rumor they hear and jump on every lead. I once had a coach tell me that during peak recruiting times they get thousands of emails, thousands. From parents, players, coaches, fans, everybody.

Early last summer, when Steven and I were at Memphis, I was talking with a few of the position coaches. Their phones were constantly going off (email, text, etc). One coach told me that he got roughly a few hundred emails a day from parents, players, high school coaches, etc. There's no way, without an evaluation process in place, for them to deal with that kind of thing.

66299101.jpg

Got to watch him last year as Harrisburg beat my old High School 38-34. He had 5 catches for 172 yds and 2 TD's (57 yard pass and 41 yard pass). Hopefully I can get to the game again this year, of course wearing my Syracuse gear :)

I take it he still has a interest in The Cuse. This kid is this good now, he will be the man in another year.

He played against my former High School Friday
2 catches 56 yards 1 TD
Returned a KO for 89 yard TD
It ended up being a 61-10 game and he didn't play much in the 2nd half
Harrisburg has a QB Yahmir Wilkerson accounted for 5 TD's in first half
In an interview after the game he has said he has heard from Syracuse
I could not find his own thread and don't want to mess up in creating one ;)
Here is his Hudl highlights
Yahmir Wilkerson's Highlights

He played against my former High School Friday
2 catches 56 yards 1 TD
Returned a KO for 89 yard TD
It ended up being a 61-10 game and he didn't play much in the 2nd half
Harrisburg has a QB Yahmir Wilkerson accounted for 5 TD's in first half
In an interview after the game he has said he has heard from Syracuse
I could not find his own thread and don't want to mess up in creating one ;)
Here is his Hudl highlights
Yahmir Wilkerson's Highlights
You can start a thread on a prospect any time.

The top posts are fun to look at. Three to PSU, and one to MTSU.

May be why I'm getting depression ads here now.

We're fine, just PSU is obnoxious. Will never get it, but I'm not a HS prospect. They all had great offers too, but PSU, damn.

The top posts are fun to look at. Three to PSU, and one to MTSU.

May be why I'm getting depression ads here now.

We're fine, just PSU is obnoxious. Will never get it, but I'm not a HS prospect. They all had great offers too, but PSU, damn.

Like you said we are fine and yes ped state is obnoxious. We only have about five spots left to give. Would we have liked Levis absolutely but again we have five slots left.

Imho we wanted a top QB and still might but the focus will shift to an OL, DE/DT, RB/ATH/WR and CB/S. If slots open up I could see 1 of each. But with this staff we might scrap need and take the top guys available, like taking a top LB we can get etc.

One thing to remember it's not done until the ink is dry so as much as schools are recruiting our guys we might stay on their guys too. I don't think any position is really critical except D-line.

Last edited: