Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

Exactly. This worked out best for both parties
Yep , that’s one I can let go, sincere good luck to the young man (except when they play us )

In general, I think it’s great when kids go away to school, especially to a very different place. Gives a great chance to broaden their perspective on the world. Not all education takes place on campus.
Unless the local player is a can't miss prospect, it's probably best they go away to school.

You have to remember that these kids grow up 10 minutes from the program that has pretty much stunk for the last 20 years. No buzz, half empty stadium for the most part. It's far from the stuff that dreams are made of. The really good local kids will take a wait and see approach with the new regime. Go 8-4 next year generate some buzz and good vibes and maybe some of these really good local kids will start staying home.

Most CBA parents are overly enthusiastic about their child's athletic future as well. In addition, most parents would rather their kid go to BC than Syracuse as well. For a number of reasons. Also the coaches aren't the easiest to deal with either. That much I know

You have to remember that these kids grow up 10 minutes from the program that has pretty much stunk for the last 20 years. No buzz, half empty stadium for the most part. It's far from the stuff that dreams are made of. The really good local kids will take a wait and see approach with the new regime. Go 8-4 next year generate some buzz and good vibes and maybe some of these really good local kids will start staying home.

Most CBA parents are overly enthusiastic about their child's athletic future as well. In addition, most parents would rather their kid go to BC than Syracuse as well. For a number of reasons. Also the coaches aren't the easiest to deal with either. That much I know
End of the day he went to a mediocre ACC program, he didn’t go to Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama etc. The WR prospects the new staff brought in - Haynes, Ross, Hornsby, etc are better. So best of luck to him but we’re good.

I was looking at BC's commit list. Its putrid. Torrence is their highest rated guy. He would be our 8th best commit.
Yeah they have neither quality nor quantity, like 12 players, none of whom are close to high end.

I was looking at BC's commit list. Its putrid. Torrence is their highest rated guy. He would be our 8th best highest rated commit.
Fixed it. And I see 9th highest rating according to 247. And his composite rating would be like 13th in comparison to our freshman group. Hafley looks like he has some decent transfers but was clearly having a hard time recruiting freshman this year.

Anyone think, or know, if he's back in play?

Fixed it. And I see 9th highest rating according to 247. And his composite rating would be like 13th in comparison to our freshman group. Hafley looks like he has some decent transfers but was clearly having a hard time recruiting freshman this year.
Yes I agree. Looks like they have some quality transfers coming in.