Class of 2023 - WR/TE Ibrahim Barry (MD) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR/TE Ibrahim Barry (MD) Offered

He’s definitely a TE. He doesn’t have wide receiver speed. He runs like a tight end.

Offers from Georgetown, NCCU, Bryant, Wheeling, St. Francis, Slippery Rock, WVU, VT, Toledo, S. Dakota, Elon, Kansas, Alabama St, Rutgers, Pitt, JMU, Syracuse

He never tweeted out an offer from Syracuse but he has one per 247 and we are in his top 8.

Last edited:
Offers from Georgetown, NCCU, Bryant, Wheeling, St. Francis, Slippery Rock, WVU, VT, Toledo, S. Dakota, Elon, Kansas, Alabama St, Rutgers, Pitt, JMU, Syracuse

He never tweeted out an offer from Syracuse but he has one per 247 and we are in his top 8.
IBRAHIM BARRY 2023 NORTH COUNTY HS, GLEN BURNIE, MD
#1 6' 6" 205 40=4.67 BP 270, DL 505, CL 205, SQ 325

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM

SIZE FOR HS
GREAT HANDS
RUNS ROUTES HE'S SUPPOSED TO RUN
CATCHES EVERYTHING THROWN TO HIM
DECEPTIVE SPEED (A 4.67 IS FAST FOR A TE), FAST GENERALLY
VJ - ALLOWS HIM TO GO UP AND GET THE BALL OVER THE DEFENDER
AGGRESSIVE
BLOCKS WELL

WOULD BE A GREAT GET

He’s definitely a TE. He doesn’t have wide receiver speed. He runs like a tight end.
He runs a 4.67 which isn't slow - it's decently fast so I disagree.

IBRAHIM BARRY 2023 NORTH COUNTY HS, GLEN BURNIE, MD
#1 6' 6" 205 40=4.67 BP 270, DL 505, CL 205, SQ 325

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM

SIZE FOR HS
GREAT HANDS
RUNS ROUTES HE'S SUPPOSED TO RUN
CATCHES EVERYTHING THROWN TO HIM
DECEPTIVE SPEED (A 4.67 IS FAST FOR A TE), FAST GENERALLY
VJ - ALLOWS HIM TO GO UP AND GET THE BALL OVER THE DEFENDER
AGGRESSIVE
BLOCKS WELL

WOULD BE A GREAT GET
BARRY RUNS A 4.67 WHICH IS VERY FAST ESP. FOR A TIGHT END

Is a 4.7 40 fast?

Tight ends NFL
RankPlayer40 time
1.Chig Okonkwo4.52
2.Jelani Woods4.61
3.Grant Calcaterra4.62
4.Daniel Bellinger4.63

What people tend to forget is that a 40-yard dash time of 4.5 or even 4.6 seconds is blistering fast. "If you have a kid that runs a legit 4.5 then he's plenty fast enough to play Division I football," the coach from the SEC said. "That's still a very fast time - even for running backs."

Is a 4.7 40 fast?

Tight ends NFL
RankPlayer40 time
1.Chig Okonkwo4.52
2.Jelani Woods4.61
3.Grant Calcaterra4.62
4.Daniel Bellinger4.63

What people tend to forget is that a 40-yard dash time of 4.5 or even 4.6 seconds is blistering fast. "If you have a kid that runs a legit 4.5 then he's plenty fast enough to play Division I football," the coach from the SEC said. "That's still a very fast time - even for running backs."

I take hudl 40 times with a grain of salt. A legit 4.5 is plenty fast but if we were to believe all hudl clips every other wr or CB runs a 4.4. Likely track times vs turf times being listed.

As pertains to this gentleman, could be a Custis 2.0 or could grow into a Rav Pierce. Very curious what current coaches could do with a player like this at their disposal

Is a 4.7 40 fast?

Tight ends NFL
RankPlayer40 time
1.Chig Okonkwo4.52
2.Jelani Woods4.61
3.Grant Calcaterra4.62
4.Daniel Bellinger4.63

Yes, he runs a 4.67.
Do you propose he play TE in the ACC at 205lbs?
Or, play WR in the ACC running a 4.67 40?
Kid is a classic "tweener;" who knows if he can add 50lbs of good weight, and what that will do to his already average 40 time.
May be worth a shot from our end, because of the paucity of TEs on our roster.

Plenty of NFL wide receivers run 4.6even below 4.7 at the combine. I think Jerry Rice ran a 4.75. speeds is important, but proper route running is probably more important.

He runs a 4.67 which isn't slow - it's decently fast so I disagree.
After watching the tape, he does not have cat-like quickness. He lumbers like a tight end. Doesn’t mean hs slow, but he’s doesn’t look that fast on the football field.

After watching the tape, he does not have cat-like quickness. He lumbers like a tight end. Doesn’t mean hs slow, but he’s doesn’t look that fast on the football field.

He's a strider in space but agree, his 10 yard split is probably much more TE than WR at this point. Kids got a lot of room to grow yet as well

If he picks JMU over Syracuse that’s his loss and we will move on.
I wouldn’t say it’s picking JMU over Cuse directly, moreso I’m not sure how heavily we are recruiting him and he has a visit set to JMU this month

I wouldn’t say it’s picking JMU over Cuse directly, moreso I’m not sure how heavily we are recruiting him and he has a visit set to JMU this month

Also - IF we we’re taking 15-20+ guys like in a normal class, then maybe this kid is one of them.

Given our (very) limited number of (currently) available scholarships, it’s unlikely this is the dude we were holding out for.

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom