Class of 2016 - WR/TE Mark Michaud (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/TE Mark Michaud (NJ) Offered

Hmm...interesting.

6-4, 225 from Paramus Catholic (same high school that Donald Stewart goes to)

According to his 2 4 7 profile, he's got offers from Purdue, Marshall, Buffalo, and some smaller schools.

So there are a few scenarios.
1) Blair isn't making it this year. They are keeping Giordano classified for 2016 and Michaud is coming now.
2) Blair isn't making it this year. Giordano is taking his spot. Michaud is going to Prep for a semester.
3) Michaud is reclassifying to 2016.
4) It's all Hooee.

Last edited:
4) It's all Hooee.

giphy.gif

...OH! Like, "hooey". That too me way too long to figure out.

LOL. So You say Hooey and I say Hooee.

Last edited:
Take him and add weight and take him as a TE because he does a good job of blocking down field and hopefully pick up Stewart at the same time as a WR. Just thinking out loud.:cool:

So, is this an actual pick-up for the class of 2015? He seems to have pretty good hands.

So, is this an actual pick-up for the class of 2015? He seems to have pretty good hands.
That's what I'm wondering. Is he an actual add? Or just a potential late add? I'd assume we'll know soon since he's class of '15.

I really like this kid's hands and the fact that he still puts 100% into blocking...you almost never see that combination at the high school level.

That was one of my biggest problems (and there were a lot) with McDonald's offense last year. If you're going to run bubble screens, and swing passes you need to have your best blocking WRs and TEs in the game - Our best blocking WR last year...Alvin Cornelius barely saw the field after a pretty decent 2013 season, blocking and receiving. Instead he would line up Brisly and Broyld (two inefficient blockers), one of which was getting the ball, and expect them to block 2 defensive players with only one of them.

Simple math shows who would win that battle 9 times out of 10.

With Lester's offense this kid seems to be a really good fit for the newly emphasized TE position. A guy that can stay in and block or fake a block and run a route to the rollout side (think Nassib-Provo connection in Hackett's offense). It's not fun to defend as a LB, I can say from experience. Something so simple that if run to perfection works a lot more often than not.

And this is a kid that I think could do this for us.

I really like this kid's hands and the fact that he still puts 100% into blocking...you almost never see that combination at the high school level.

That was one of my biggest problems (and there were a lot) with McDonald's offense last year. If you're going to run bubble screens, and swing passes you need to have your best blocking WRs and TEs in the game - Our best blocking WR last year...Alvin Cornelius barely saw the field after a pretty decent 2013 season, blocking and receiving. Instead he would line up Brisly and Broyld (two inefficient blockers), one of which was getting the ball, and expect them to block 2 defensive players with only one of them.

With Lester's offense this kid seems to be a really good fit for the newly emphasized TE position. A guy that can stay in and block or fake a block and run a route to the rollout side (think Nassib-Provo connection in Hackett's offense). It's not fun to defend as a LB, I can say from experience. Something so simple that if run to perfection works a lot more often than not.

And this is a kid that I think could do this for us.
I agree with you 100%. I really like this kid for all those reason you had mentioned. I even like him better than Rose...

I agree with you 100%. I really like this kid for all those reason you had mentioned. I even like him better than Rose...
The thing about Rose is that we've really never seen him at the TE position. We're involved with him based 100% on athleticism and potential. In no way am I saying that Rose couldn't come here, learn the TE position and be great, but who's to say that he doesn't take up blocking well and turns into Broyld 2.0...that's just something I don't see with Michaud. He demonstrates a good blocking ability already and that's before a college program fine tunes it.

I for one, though, trust the staff 100%. Whatever they see fit, is the best move for the program, IMO. They see the players everyday and they know what they need in recruits. And it finally looks like we're starting to land the recruits the staff needs to take this team to the next level.

We are taking 1 TE for 2016 - From what I hear.

Maybe an either or situation

or

First one in situation

or

coaches know where they stand with one or the other.

Cuse_Albs said:

Ive been wondering about this I would love to see the staff give the WRs and DBs to the DL and OL coaches for a day, have them really learn how to block without holding in the trenches against one another and for the DBs how to swim and break blocking techniques. It could do wonders cause you are absoulutely right last year our WRs don't block and when they do they usually hold and the big play gets called back.

College programs looking for a late bloomer in the senior class will find one at Paramus (N.J.) Catholic.

Paladins head coach Chris Partridge, who doesn’t have a shortage of BCS recruits along with several other future college players on his roster every year, feels his rising senior tight end Mark Michaud has as much talent as anyone in his program.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Michaud was a basketball player prior to last year, which was his first season playing organized football.

“It kind of clicked for him,” Partridge said. “He’s doing it all.”

No offers yet, but Partridge things that will change early in the season.

“He lines up wide, he can fly, he blocks, he’s one of those guys I think can explode. He’s a specimen, as specimen as it gets.”

2695849_d2d71df376be4cdd99d6a56defb78169.jpg

Reminds me much more of a pure old school TE in the pattern of Jay Novacek. He is very athletic, has great hands, runs great routes, and blocks well. Two years of football, him and Giordanio could end up being gems as they are both monster athletes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom