Class of 2021 - WR Umari Hatcher (VA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Umari Hatcher (VA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

In honor of the new Bill and Ted movie I will say that Mr. Hatcher is a most outstanding addition to the Orange. Such bodacious news is quite excellent for us and most non-triumphant for the other schools that offered him. #WyldStallyns
Have you seen it? I'm thinking about it. I've heard it's a fun movie.

I have wanted this guy since I saw his highlight video the first time. It's hard to get guys that are both tall and can run like that. He is explosive w/ very good ball skills. Agree w/ sentiments above-one of the best guys in this class who will be a stud here.

This is a huge get. How about some props to Chip West on this? I'd say staff changes are definitely bearing fruit this cycle. I really like how this class is shaping up. Solid top to bottom.

Bill And Ted GIFs | Tenor

I have wanted this guy since I saw his highlight video the first time. It's hard to get guys that are both tall and can run like that. He is explosive w/ very good ball skills. Agree w/ sentiments above-one of the best guys in this class who will be a stud here.
Agree. This is the kind of talent that the opposition's defense is going to "feel". My guess is that he draws the top cover guy and maybe forces a safety to shade. That will open up the field - Alford/Hendrix/CJ running crossing-routes, Benson, etc. VERY psyched to get this commit.

Last edited:
Who's next?

Any updates on Cruz, Guy Blair(?) center from Texas, Rooks?

Been in love with his film for a while. Very happy with this get. His recruitment has been quiet so I wasn't sure we could get him. I hope you guys realize how ridiculous highlight #3 is. I haven't seen a Wr do that at Cuse in a while.
His film jumps out - even to us novices. But it's nice to hear excitement from someone with your impressive credentials. :)

Last edited:
Glad to see Hatcher make it official. Watching his highlights are phenomenal.

Over the last however many years we havent had NFL draft picks at WR because they lacked at least one of NFL Size, Speed or Physicality.

This kid checks boxes 1.5 boxes for the next level right now, before his senior season in High School. He has the wheels and he has the height. If he puts on some mass/strength and continues to refine his game he will add the other 1.5 boxes and end up a draft pick.

this is one guy that should have everyone very excited. The way he blows everyone else on the field away is astounding. I cannot wait to see him get on campus. We always wonder who the next guy at WR is gonna be when camp starts, well I don’t think we will be wondering for a couple years once this guy gets on the field

It’s not going to win any awards but definitely a fun way to kill an hour and a half. For a sequel that was made like 30 years after the most recent one, it could have been a lot worse.
The best description I ever heard of the original is, “It’s a good natured time romp that stole the heart of a nation.” It doesn’t need to be that to be worth watching. I just want a good natured time romp.

Needs to hit the weight room now
Yeah, he’s got calves like Damien Rhodes. Looks great catching and running though. Welcome aboard!