WVU 13.5@ Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

WVU 13.5@ Syracuse

That is probably fair. We just gotta keep it a low scoring game. I dont doubt we can do that on our part.

Would love to revisit the thread with people predicting -17 up to -28. Silly.
13.5 sounds right.

i see 14.5 most places and would expect it to go up a bit more.

I know many of you hate ball control offense...

but get ready, we're gonna see a lot of ball control offense Friday.

If it goes any higher, Syracuse with the points is a lock

how so? what has this team done to prove otherwise? WV is head n shoulders above the rest of the BE this year.

I'd take WV at -13.5 every day of the week and twice on sunday.

I would take cuse if that were the 1st half spread though.

Our last 4 BE games at home... losses of 3, 17, 8, and 31. Not exactly stellar

how so? what has this team done to prove otherwise? WV is head n shoulders above the rest of the BE this year.

I'd take WV at -13.5 every day of the week and twice on sunday.

I would take cuse if that were the 1st half spread though.

Our last 4 BE games at home... losses of 3, 17, 8, and 31. Not exactly stellar

Well, mark, all I can say is I'm pretty sure you would've written the same post last year before we went into Morgantown and whooped their ass. If it was an automatic blowout, Vegas would have made them 28 point faves. I find it hilarious that we are less than 365 days from the last time we all said "we have no chance" and yet some of us have some sort of amnesia going on. Kind of comical

Well, mark, all I can say is I'm pretty sure you would've written the same post last year before we went into Morgantown and whooped their ass. If it was an automatic blowout, Vegas would have made them 28 point faves. I find it hilarious that we are less than 365 days from the last time we all said "we have no chance" and yet some of us have some sort of amnesia going on. Kind of comical
You are mixing emotion with gambling. That is 100% why I don't gamble on any Syracuse sports (even though I am fairly certain I would actually be more successful).

What happened last year (or because something happened last year) has no bearing on what will happen this year.

13.5 feels about right and I also expect it to go up a touch.

44cuse

Would love to revisit the thread with people predicting -17 up to -28. Silly.
13.5 sounds right.

Here's the original thread...

http://www.syracusefan.com/threads/whats-your-guess-for-the-opening-line-vs-wv.4020/

I started the original thread and said it opens at -14.5 and ends up around -17 (which may be high). It opened at -13.5 and looks like it's -14.5 now. I looked back and did a tally. One person voted twice and one person had SU favored who I assume was bleeding Orange. Below is their spreads and how many choose them in parentheses.

+10.5 (1)
-8.5--9.5 (1)
-10.5 (2)
-11.5 (1)
-13 (1)
-13.5 (1)
-14 (3)
-15--17 (1)
-16 (1)
-17.5 (1)
-21 (2)

You are mixing emotion with gambling. That is 100% why I don't gamble on any Syracuse sports (even though I am fairly certain I would actually be more successful).

What happened last year (or because something happened last year) has no bearing on what will happen this year.

13.5 feels about right and I also expect it to go up a touch.

44cuse

Lol. Thanks for the gambling vs emotion feedback. Ive written that post about 30 times. That's not what's going on here

I know many of you hate ball control offense...

but get ready, we're gonna see a lot of ball control offense Friday.

I think that is a one way ticket to a 38-6 loss... Why not strap them on and try to score some points, run the offense. UCONN tried to do this and failed miserably..

i think it has everything to do with their offense with their weirdo coach. poster children for the difference offensive coaching can make in college.

I think if we had any confidence in the oline and the pass protection we would just line it up and go 4 wide with Ant or Moore and see what happens. if we could get nassib to not throw high his first 5 passes of the game so we dont go three and out it would be a start..

I also wonder if we start conservative how long we stay in that mode if things dont start well.. but really hard to fault uconn for what could have been a 21-10 lead at the half and really 28-10 in the 3rd. what happened after that was really trying to throw back into the game with a team that cant do it well..

if we get the same protection issues we saw vs Tulane I dont see how they can plan on being aggressive..

I think if we had any confidence in the oline and the pass protection we would just line it up and go 4 wide with Ant or Moore and see what happens. if we could get nassib to not throw high his first 5 passes of the game so we dont go three and out it would be a start..

I also wonder if we start conservative how long we stay in that mode if things dont start well.. but really hard to fault uconn for what could have been a 21-10 lead at the half and really 28-10 in the 3rd. what happened after that was really trying to throw back into the game with a team that cant do it well..

if we get the same protection issues we saw vs Tulane I dont see how they can plan on being aggressive..
i don't see how bringing in more people to block helps the offensive line. the fewer people split out, the more people they can rush.

if anything i think it simplifies things because the fewer guys available to rush the QB, the fewer combinations of blitzes they can throw at you

every guy you make run far away from the qb (vertically or horizontally) is one less guy who can hit your qb

i don't see how bringing in more people to block helps the offensive line. the fewer people split out, the more people they can rush.

if anything i think it simplifies things because the fewer guys available to rush the QB, the fewer combinations of blitzes they can throw at you

every guy you make run far away from the qb (vertically or horizontally) is one less guy who can hit your qb
Syracuse will need to show some new looks if they stand any chance and then they will need to adjust again after WVU makes their corrections.. Sounds almost mind blowing I know

I think that is a one way ticket to a 38-6 loss... Why not strap them on and try to score some points, run the offense. UCONN tried to do this and failed miserably..
I say strap them on and try to score some points regardless of the opponent.

There's really only one way to win a football game - have more points than the other guy at the end. A lot of coaches make that into more than it is and hope that they can burn clock and stuff and finish up with the most points. I say, don't worry about that - just focus on getting as many points as you can and trust that the other stuff works itself out by the time the whistle blows.

nobody was predicting a blowout against a coach Stew offense - everyone thought it was a probable loss though. And that was a win last year against them, but would be hard to label it an ass whooping given that the outcome was still in doubt until that final sack.

Predicting that a team with a young secondary that just allowed multiple big play TDs against Tulane to lose to a top 15 team with a Holgorsen offense avg 50 points a game isn't exactly crazy talk or irrationally pessimistic.

would be hard to label it an ass whooping given that the outcome was still in doubt until that final sack.

LOL. I know. The "ass whooping" part was for effect. :)

i saw early lines over the weekend with WVU at -14.5

this will be interesting to watch because alot of people will see 10th-ranked offense going up against 112th ranked Pass D.

Is WV really any better this year because of a new scheme?

last year before playing SU they had games of avg 250 passing, other than the LSU game this year 350. thats nice,

last year they avg 200 rushing, now its down to 130 other than the LSU game.

thats 450 vs 480 in total yds. and the bowl green game really skews the numbers..take that out and the only difference is they played better(stats wise) in a game they lost year by 6 and this year by 26..

last year no one score more than 21. this year 31 and 47 allowed..

they do seem a bit more explosive..

I'm not saying I want that to be the strategy, I just think it is what we'll end up doing. We know Marrone is all about trying to "shorten the game" and win in the 4th, for better or worse.

I think by shortening the game we may win or stay close or lose 35-7.. by going all out we might win but could also see losing 60-7.. not sure the fan base sees it different either way. would the public perception be better?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom