WVU fan here showing appreciation… | Syracusefan.com

WVU fan here showing appreciation…

marmstr3

Walk On
I want to start off by saying how much I enjoyed watching Syracuse play ball this year. A little background, I am a WVU fan but I also play in a high stakes dynasty NFL fantasy league with my buds for the past 10 yrs or so. As part of the league, we are able to draft one collegiate player per year, I picked Sean Tucker last yr and while many would say he had a down yr, I was pleasantly surprised with his receiving chops. I watch a lot of tape on receivers, running backs, and TEs, I can definitively say Tucker will have a very very successful NFL career. I think he showed enough this yr that gap heavy teams will pull the trigger on him no later than early third rd. Which is very good for a RB. I expect him to kill the combine too.

I also want to say how much I admire the whole football program, I see a very disciplined and hard nose football squad. Just an outsiders objective perspective. I understand Dino isnt a perfect coach but I would kill to have him at WVU. Trust me when I say how important it is to have a head coach that creates that kind of football culture. The 5 game slide wasnt easy to watch, but I would feel good about the state of the program if I were a Cuse fan.

BTW. Gadsen is a stud. Top 5 WR in his class and he is only scraping his potential. He will be fun to scout next yr.

I want to start off by saying how much I enjoyed watching Syracuse play ball this year. A little background, I am a WVU fan but I also play in a high stakes dynasty NFL fantasy league with my buds for the past 10 yrs or so. As part of the league, we are able to draft one collegiate player per year, I picked Sean Tucker last yr and while many would say he had a down yr, I was pleasantly surprised with his receiving chops. I watch a lot of tape on receivers, running backs, and TEs, I can definitively say Tucker will have a very very successful NFL career. I think he showed enough this yr that gap heavy teams will pull the trigger on him no later than early third rd. Which is very good for a RB. I expect him to kill the combine too.

I also want to say how much I admire the whole football program, I see a very disciplined and hard nose football squad. Just an outsiders objective perspective. I understand Dino isnt a perfect coach but I would kill to have him at WVU. Trust me when I say how important it is to have a head coach that creates that kind of football culture. The 5 game slide wasnt easy to watch, but I would feel good about the state of the program if I were a Cuse fan.

BTW. Gadsen is a stud. Top 5 WR in his class and he is only scraping his potential. He will be fun to scout next yr.
Wish we still played you guys. I miss the Big East of the '90's.

I appreciate this. I wish we got to play you guys on a regular basis still. In a perfect world WV and Syracuse would be in the same conference.

Wv is a beautiful state but little know fact is Country Roads is not about West Virginia but the western part of Virginia.

Although I appreciate your kind words, I still hate you

Great post! Pick any couch out on wayfair 1k or less and its yours:) Seriously wish we played every year. Thanks for the pat on the back.

Louisville to the Big 12 to get reunited with their old rivals, Cincy and Houston, You guys come to the ACC. Changing places.
I expect that once UNC and FSU leave the ACC (along with possibly a few others), the ACC remnants will grab WVU, Cincinnati, and UCF. Louisville is not going anywhere, and neither are WF, SU, or BC. That will be SU's all-sports league in 2037. Some number of other current ACC members will remain also (probably Pitt, NC State, Duke).

Wv is a beautiful state but little know fact is Country Roads is not about West Virginia but the western part of Virginia.

That is a little known fact, at least by me.

But I still liked it better when Toots Hibbert made it about West Jamaica.

I’ve never really understood the ACC looking down their noses at WVU. I mean… we have Louisville, right? Personally, WVU has always been one of my favorite rivals. And far more so than FSU, UNC, NCSt, Wake, Duke, Clemson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom