WVU has such a false sense of who they are and what the | Syracusefan.com

WVU has such a false sense of who they are and what the

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
Big 12 is. It really is amazing. I remember when we beat them in the Big East tournament the day after the 6 ot game, they were stunned. We just weren't as good. Well, seeing as you never beat us in hoop, why are you so surprised. Did they not notice that we kicked their ass each of the last two years and that we are better this year. I am so glad to be able to play them.

WVU will be favored.

Fairly irrelevant to the general point, unless you agree with the West Virginia fans that they are a better program with a better history than Syracuse.

West Virginia fans may want to play us, but Holgorsen and his staff sure as hell don't.

Fairly irrelevant to the general point, unless you agree with the West Virginia fans that they are a better program with a better history than Syracuse.
I don't think they are better historically, but I don't think it's debatable that they've been a superior football program for many years.

I'm just predicting that Vegas (i.e., Public Perception) will still see West Virginia as the better team; right or wrong.

I don't think they are better historically, but I don't think it's debatable that they've been a superior football program for many years.

Define many. 10 years? OK - so they've been up and we've been down. Reading the posts of WVU fans you'd think the last winning season we had was 25 years ago and they annually compete for national championships.

You really are coming off like a West Virginia apologist here, BTW...

I'm just predicting that Vegas (i.e., Public Perception) will still see West Virginia as the better team; right or wrong.

They were favored last year.

And the year before that.

How'd that work out for them?

Their arrogance and perception that playing us is below them is unwarranted.

Define many. 10 years? OK - so they've been up and we've been down. Reading the posts of WVU fans you'd think the last winning season we had was 25 years ago and they annually compete for national championships.

You really are coming off like a West Virginia apologist here, BTW...
Ten years is "many" in my opinion. I like this team's chances against West Virginia though. I just don't think WVU fans are more delusional than most fan bases; including our own. What West Virginia fans think means little to me. I'm sure they think we think we are better than we are as well.

So now we get a chance to beat them 3 times in a row. Bring them on.

West Virginia fans may want to play us, but Holgorsen and his staff sure as hell don't.
Methinks they'll keep an eye on the tight ends this time around.

Methinks they'll keep an eye on the tight ends this time around.

with that pass defense they can keep an eye on the TE's while they score touchdown after touchdown

I've hired Oliver Luck to come to Syracuse to give the team a pep talk.

the line will move even more when the vegas odds makers hear that Rene and Spruill where already hitting the Moonshine

Dear god, I just went over to the WVU forums for a sec, and the attitude they have there is astounding. One year out of the Big East and all of a sudden they think they can look down on us, despite Syracuse beating them the last two years including the asswhuping last year and getting lit up every game this year. The Big East may be a lesser conference, but I'll be damned if some hillbillies from WVU think they're too good to play us now.

There is a whole generation of brother cousins that are a rootin for wv that have followed football in the past decade in which we were not that good. Even though we beat them in wv they were totally shocked we beat them in 2011. Add to this, they really thought they'd take the Big 12 by storm and glide through and well...we saw what happened to that dream.

That said, we have to beat them again on the field of play and prove we are moving upward. It's going to be a tough game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom