WVU to ACC | Syracusefan.com

WVU to ACC

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
The article posted above by OE:

Http://www.bcinterruption.com/acc-e...sion-west-virginia-to-acc-louisville-maryland

Makes some good points about WVU and LVille. Makes me wonder if the ACC shouldn't consider continuing to expand by adding WVU. I know, the buyout for WVU would be huge...but it's interesting to theorize just the same. 15 teams...pods of three. Play your pod every year, and rotate two of the others. Eight conference games. Play every conference team every 4 three years minimum. Spread ND games around. If they ever go all-in, break into pods of 4.

Syracuse
Boston college
Pittsburgh

WVU
Virginia
Virginia tech

North Carolina
Duke
NC State

Wake forest
Louisville
Miami

FSU
GTech
Clemson

Use the Maryland $ to help defray the cost for WVU. Or just knock down some more mountains for coal to send to China.

Cinci, UConn, or Navy > WVU for the ACC. Don't really need any of them at this point though.

If ND goes all in, I'd rather have WVU than UConn.

But until ND goes all in, I don't think there's any need to add #15. I can't imagine WVU is going to increase the TV contract, so all that happens is we get a bunch of annoying fans, the league gets an image hit, and we all get less money.

If ND goes all in, I'd rather have WVU than UConn.

But until ND goes all in, I don't think there's any need to add #15. I can't imagine WVU is going to increase the TV contract, so all that happens is we get a bunch of annoying fans, the league gets an image hit, and we all get less money.

We get better rivalries...we get another brand name football school...we further destabilize the B12...we corner the market on coonskin caps just when they're coming back into style.

image.jpg

If you're looking state population for TV set sake WVU is a non qualifier. If you're looking academics, WVU is a non qualifier. If you're looking national recognition 5-10 years from now, WVU is a non qualifier. They are on the tail end of the national buzz Rich Rod created as we speak and will go back to the same national pub they had circa Amos Zereoue/Marc Bulger years.

If you're looking state population for TV set sake WVU is a non qualifier. If you're looking academics, WVU is a non qualifier. If you're looking national recognition 5-10 years from now, WVU is a non qualifier. They are on the tail end of the national buzz Rich Rod created as we speak and will go back to the same national pub they had circa Amos Zereoue/Marc Bulger years.
So you're sayin' there's a chance?

So you're sayin' there's a chance?

There's a better chance of Maryland never leaving or eventually returning to the ACC than the ACC paying to get WVU out of the Bevo. They could've had them for free and politely declined.

You know the article was a what if scenario right? Not trying to be "that guy." But F WVU and UCONN may they enjoy their sub par conferences for now.

Cinci, UConn, or Navy > WVU for the ACC. Don't really need any of them at this point though.

I don't see the Cincy thing...WVU is far more of a brand, and a couple of years in the AAC, and Cincy will be WKRaP...as far as goes, they offer umm, basketball? A little additional penetration into metro ny? Maybe?...I don't see Navy at all. That ship has sailed.

You know the article was a what if scenario right? Not trying to be "that guy." But F WVU and UCONN may they enjoy their sub par conferences for now.

It WAS? I thought it was a definite and had already happened. OMG! Am I red-faced now. (How do I make that little scowling emoticon?)

We get better rivalries...we get another brand name football school...we further destabilize the B12...we corner the market on coonskin caps just when they're coming back into style.

I'll grant you the coonskin. As for the other points, I wouldn't say I strongly disagree. But I think we'll have enough conference rivalries instantly now that we've been freed. I don't know how much of a brand name for football they are anyway. I'm sure they'd say the same about us, but our overall brand got us out of purgatory quicker than them. I'm also not worried about destabilizing the Big 12, at least not anymore. It's not a very stable league anyway, but the GOR made me not care anymore. Someone (or more likely many many people) at FSU, Clemson came to their senses and realized that any move to the Big 12 would be a complete disaster.

If ND's all in and we need #16, I'd put WVU on top of the list. But until then, I don't see it.

It WAS? I thought it was a definite and had already happened. OMG! Am I red-faced now. (How do I make that little scowling emoticon?)
You're officially "that guy" now. And the comment was directed at you although you seemed to have taken it that way.

I don't see the Cincy thing...WVU is far more of a brand, and a couple of years in the AAC, and Cincy will be WKRaP...as far as goes, they offer umm, basketball? A little additional penetration into metro ny? Maybe?...I don't see Navy at all. That ship has sailed.

If it's for TV sets:

Ohio = 11.5 mil
Maryland = 5.9 mil
Conn = 3.6 mil
WV = 1.9

At least Cinci and UConn have hoops teams to go with decent football. Navy aren't great at either BUT are a name brand that people will watch. Not saying any are great or needed but WVU really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.

Navy or Army football would bring a lot of eyes to the table...they may not be competitive, but members, former members or personnel associated with those branches definitely pay attention to those games...