WWE Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Why has Rousey stolen Pipers entire wardrobe and nickname??

That alone makes me want to boo her.

Don’t Fluck with my favorite wrestler of All Time.

What’s the story there??

Better be good...

That is really corny. I agree.

I’m really not a Rousey fan and I agree that she’s been overpushed too quickl. I just think it’s dumb of the fans, who were JUST booing Charlotte because she’s “overpushed”, and now they like her?

Rousey was GREAT in the Charlotte match. And took an absolute, legit beating. She was a bloody, welted up mess. THAT’S when you give her some respect. Because she just brought it big time, put on a great match, and sold the hell out of a largely legit beating. At least give her a respectful hand after the match, even if you were rooting for her to lose.

Fans are just too caught up in their own BS to add to the show these days. They regularly detract from it, like a bunch of spoiled brats with no “fan IQ”.

And really, Charlotte - after putting on a GREAT match and performance ruined it by cutting it short. She prevented having a winner. She killed what had been an entertaining match. Boo her.

Nope. Fans gotta show how whiny and bitchy they are and try to “hijack” it. Friggin geeks.

That is really corny. I agree.

I’m really not a Rousey fan and I agree that she’s been overpushed too quickl. I just think it’s dumb of the fans, who were JUST booing Charlotte because she’s “overpushed”, and now they like her?

Rousey was GREAT in the Charlotte match. And took an absolute, legit beating. She was a bloody, welted up mess. THAT’S when you give her some respect. Because she just brought it big time, put on a great match, and sold the hell out of a largely legit beating.

Fans are just too caught up in their own BS to add to the show these days. They regularly detract from it, like a bunch of spoiled brats with no “fan IQ”.
Fans are sick of Vince not developing storylines anymore and just cramming his chosen few down peoples throats.
Piper wouldn’t be Piper today because Vince would treat him like Dean Ambrose.

Fans are sick of Vince not developing storylines anymore and just cramming his chosen few down peoples throats.
Piper wouldn’t be Piper today because Vince would treat him like Dean Ambrose.

Charlotte’s heel turn IS a storyline that’s been being developed. And they crapped all over it at its peak moment.

Why? She’s a great wrestler, and a great heel. The turn made sense. They gotta ruin it by cheering her, for what?

You can be lukewarm or upset at how Rousey has been booked and used so far, but think THAT was the time to boo her out of the building? The night when she brought possibly her best performance so far?

I remember when Bob Holly, who wasn’t particularly well liked by the fans, went through a table and sliced open his back. He finished the match with a disgusting gash in his back and they cheered him as he left. To me, when a wrestler gets legit jacked up(not that Rousey was anywhere as badly hurt as Holly...but she was still beaten up), you show respect, not chant “you deserve it”. They’re just too snarky and caught up in themselves now.

Charlotte’s heel turn IS a storyline that’s been being developed. And they crapped all over it at its peak moment.

Why? She’s a great wrestler, and a great heel. The turn made sense. They gotta ruin it by cheering her, for what?

You can be lukewarm or upset at how Rousey has been booked and used so far, but think THAT was the time to boo her out of the building? The night when she brought possibly her best performance so far?

I remember when Bob Holly, who wasn’t particularly well liked by the fans, went through a table and sliced open his back. He finished the match with a disgusting gash in his back and they cheered him as he left. To me, when a wrestler gets legit jacked up(not that Rousey was anywhere as badly hurt as Holly...but she was still beaten up), you show respect, not chant “you deserve it”. They’re just too snarky and caught up in themselves now.
It’s being crapped on because Charlotte isn’t Becky and they are turning Charlotte heel to prepare a WM program with Ronda.
Fans want Becky who got hurt by a sloppy performer who is actually getting rub off her botch which gave. Becky a concussion.
If the girl wasn’t a Vince protected person because she is rock’s cousin she gets dinged. If Becky concussed Charlotte or Ronda she isn’t rewarded

Vince talks about being wrestlers should be grasping for brass rings but it’s garbage. He doesn’t care what his audience wants so they have decided to hijack the storylines for his chosen ones.

Guys are like Elias, Finn Balor are completely irrelevant when Brock Lesnar is a no show champ which devalues that belt. It’s a joke how much Vince craps on his fans. People who are over don’t get storylines.

It’s being crapped on because Charlotte isn’t Becky and they are turning Charlotte heel to prepare a WM program with Ronda.
Fans want Becky who got hurt by a sloppy performer who is actually getting rub off her botch which gave. Becky a concussion.
If the girl wasn’t a Vince protected person because she is rock’s cousin she gets dinged. If Becky concussed Charlotte or Ronda she isn’t rewarded

Vince talks about being wrestlers should be grasping for brass rings but it’s garbage. He doesn’t care what his audience wants so they have decided to hijack the storylines for his chosen ones.

Guys are like Elias, Finn Balor are completely irrelevant when Brock Lesnar is a no show champ which devalues that belt. It’s a joke how much Vince craps on his fans. People who are over don’t get storylines.

They can boo Nia and cheer for Becky...that’s fine. Nia deserves to be booed and Becky is awesome.

That doesn’t change my point on Charlotte/Ronda.

Ronda was a big fan of Piper, I believe they knew each other, and Piper was totally cool with it.

The thing that bugged me about the angle was Ronda took a hellacious beating, and I legit thought maybe she wouldnt work again till the Rumble, and she's wrestling the next night.

On the turn/reaction; Meltzer verbalized a point well that I had been thinking about but couldn't really articulate: fans now want to see stuff happen. So they pop when they see something they consider big to have happened in front of them, even when it's a heel turn or a heel winning a title; something they should theoretically not like. I'm not saying it's good (or bad), but it is kinda true. I guess the Ambrose turn is an exception, because that was so poorly timed. But if Dean had done that on Seth a few weeks later? Probably gets some cheers, right?

Wait...so WWE brought back “Starrcade” as a completely meaningless 1 hour special?

Man, WCW REALLY pissed Vince off huh? He’s still fighting the war almost 20 years later.

Wait...so WWE brought back “Starrcade” as a completely meaningless 1 hour special?

Man, WCW REALLY pissed Vince off huh? He’s still fighting the war almost 20 years later.

It was a regular house show last year and maybe the year before as well. Why they only showed an hour of the show this year, I have no idea

As for Vince and WCW; well, remember the finish of the HHH-Sting match at mania 31?

It was a regular house show last year and maybe the year before as well. Why they only showed an hour of the show this year, I have no idea

As for Vince and WCW; well, remember the finish of the HHH-Sting match at mania 31?

How Sting signed up for that is beyond re.tarded

Nice, hardcore Holly. Largely irrelevant sans hardcore matches but a staple during the attitude era. Plus, I loved his alabama slam finisher.

Nice, hardcore Holly. Largely irrelevant sans hardcore matches but a staple during the attitude era. Plus, I loved his alabama slam finisher.

I was a big fan of the super heavyweight gimmick

So basically there’s nobody that’s been built up over the course of the year for that wrestlemania main event push? Other than Becky Lynch? Assume it will either be her-Rousey or a triple threat with Charlotte as the main event?

But on the men’s side? Who?

Is this on purpose so the women’s match is the clear cut main event so they can tout another “women’s revolution” first?

So basically there’s nobody that’s been built up over the course of the year for that wrestlemania main event push? Other than Becky Lynch? Assume it will either be her-Rousey or a triple threat with Charlotte as the main event?

Is this on purpose so the women’s match is the clear cut main event so they can tout another “women’s revolution” first?
Substitute Homer for Vince McMahon and Bart for Roman Reigns.
giphy.gif

I could totally see them saying this in the same vein they act like the Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania 30 thing was all planed out from the start. It will be BS now, like it was then.

I think the big Raw match for the men is supposed to be Rollins-Brock. Also been rumors lately about Cena-Bryan

I could totally see them saying this in the same vein they act like the Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania 30 thing was all planed out from the start. It will be BS now, like it was then.

I think the big Raw match for the men is supposed to be Rollins-Brock. Also been rumors lately about Cena-Bryan

Rollins-Brock does nothing for me. This might be a year they should just throw a boatload of money at the Rock again. Or make amend$$$ with CM Punk.

They’ve done a poor job of building anyone up on the roster for a run. They’ve flat out ruined/cooled off a bunch of guys though.

Rollins-Brock does nothing for me. This might be a year they should just throw a boatload of money at the Rock again. Or make amend$$$ with CM Punk.

They’ve done a poor job of building anyone up on the roster for a run. They’ve flat out ruined/cooled off a bunch of guys though.

I feel like Seth was hot a while back. Not right now though. Becky is the hottest character they have, and it's not because of anything they actively did

I think Rock is tough because he's always shooting movies and he always gets hurt wen he wrestles, slowing down movie production.

Let's be honest. 73-year-old Vince McMahon has lost touch w/the audience, and he's not gonna get it back. Until/unless someone else gets the book, there's gonna be a lot of running in place.

It's so bad that they can't even deny it any more. After record low ratings, McMahon is coming back on Monday for a reboot. It might even work for a week or two. But the problems are so structural that it won't stick. I'll betcha that Fox is not all that thrilled with the investment they just made.

It's hard to get anyone hot with 50-50 booking. Raines getting hurt didn't help, but he was hardly a house afire either. The scripted material just sucks. Nobody is allowed to cut their own promos any more. About 90% of the time, the words coming out of the performers' mouths don't sound like what they'd say.

I mean, McMahon may be the only person who liked the Drake Maverick 'peeing his pants' gimmick. Is it any wonder that sets clicked off during those segments? For the past few years, Wrestlemania has seemed special largely due to the return of the stars of the past. Undertaker can't go any more, Michaels didn't look like he could go, Triple H always gets hurt, Cena has been cooled off, only the Rock might pop the crowd.

And is anyone not sick of having the McMahons involved as characters in the storylines?

What's unforgivable is that they've been hoovering up the best talent and turning them into generic practitioners of the WWE style. I was so psyched when they brought in Nakamura, who had Ali-like charisma in New Japan, but they turned him into just another guy.

I can't remember the last time I was able to sit through a Raw all the way through. I kinda just check it out during commercials now.

Last edited:
Let's be honest. 73-year-old Vince McMahon has lost touch w/the audience, and he's not gonna get it back. Until/unless someone else gets the book, there's gonna be a lot of running in place.

It's so bad that they can't even deny it any more. After record low ratings, McMahon is coming back on Monday for a reboot. It might even work for a week or two. But the problems are so structural that it won't stick. I'll betcha that Fox is not all that thrilled with the investment they just made.

It's hard to get anyone hot with 50-50 booking. Raines getting hurt didn't help, but he was hardly a house afire either. The scripted material just sucks. Nobody is allowed to cut their own promos any more. About 90% of the time, the words coming out of the performers' mouths don't sound like what they'd say.

I mean, McMahon may be the only person who liked the Drake Maverick 'peeing his pants' gimmick. Is it any wonder that sets clicked off during those segments? For the past few years, Wrestlemania has seemed special largely due to the return of the stars of the past. Undertaker can't go any more, Michaels didn't look like he could go, Triple H always gets hurt, Cena has been cooled off, only the Rock might pop the crowd.

And is anyone not sick of having the McMahons involved as characters in the storylines?

What's unforgivable is that they've been hoovering up the best talent and turning them into generic practitioners of the WWE style. I was so psyched when they brought in Nakamura, who had Ali-like charisma in New Japan, but they turned him into just another guy.

I can't remember the last time I was able to sit through a Raw all the way through. I kinda just check it out during commercials now.

Promos always feel like what the wrestlers would say in those backstage segments on the video games. Just brutal.

50/50 booking. Matches we’ve already seen a million times. PPVs every couple weeks that don’t feel much different than Raw.

Lots of issues.

I can’t believe they cooled Braun, the Miz, and Elias off the way they did.

I feel like Seth was hot a while back. Not right now though. Becky is the hottest character they have, and it's not because of anything they actively did

I think Rock is tough because he's always shooting movies and he always gets hurt wen he wrestles, slowing down movie production.

I don’t know why but I’ve never really bought Rollins as a main event level guy. Something’s no quite there, IMO.

I don’t know why but I’ve never really bought Rollins as a main event level guy. Something’s no quite there, IMO.

You know where else the decline is reflected? In house show numbers. They've dropped precipitously. If it wasn't for the overpays for Raw and Smackdown, they'd be in real trouble.

But, for the next 5 years or so, they're playing with house money.

Promos always feel like what the wrestlers would say in those backstage segments on the video games. Just brutal.

50/50 booking. Matches we’ve already seen a million times. PPVs every couple weeks that don’t feel much different than Raw.

Lots of issues.

I can’t believe they cooled Braun, the Miz, and Elias off the way they did.
Can you imagine creative doing a Pillman’s got a gun nowadays.
I watched that on the network and man today no chance they go anywhere near that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom