WWE Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Promos always feel like what the wrestlers would say in those backstage segments on the video games. Just brutal.

50/50 booking. Matches we’ve already seen a million times. PPVs every couple weeks that don’t feel much different than Raw.

Lots of issues.

I can’t believe they cooled Braun, the Miz, and Elias off the way they did.

They will never do it with the network needing content but I'd love if they would just go back to the 4 major PPVs each year and build up to them and make them matter.

They will never do it with the network needing content but I'd love if they would just go back to the 4 major PPVs each year and build up to them and make them matter.

Agreed. Though I did like when they made King of the Ring a PPV and it was 5 PPVs for a couple years.

True story...as a kid I remembered the Earth’s position relative to the sun during the solstices and equinox’s by associating it with the wrestling PPV they most closely aligned with.

Royal rumble on the right, WM on top, Summerslam on the left, survivor series on the bottom. Lol.

Randy Orton, Drew McIntyre, and Ruby Riott all lost? Plus Corbin. You can’t have ALL the feel good story faces finally get justice in the same night can you? Kinda takes away from it when it happens every match?

Becky Lynch jumping off the top of the ladder onto Charlotte on the announce table looked so brutal. Whole match was brutal.

Charlotte is still the best wrestler in the company, IMO.

Last edited:
Randy Orton, Drew McIntyre, and Ruby Riott all lost? Plus Corbin. You can’t have ALL the feel good story faces finally get justice in the same night can you? Kinda takes away from it when it happens every match?

Becky Lynch jumping off the top of the ladder onto Charlotte on the announce table looked so brutal. Whole match was brutal.

Charlotte is still the best wrestler in the company, IMO.
Forgot that ppv was on. Might watch tonight. Saw that clip though. That was a table botch for sure. Wouldnt be surprised if she broke ribs.

Forgot that ppv was on. Might watch tonight. Saw that clip though. That was a table botch for sure. Wouldnt be surprised if she broke ribs.

Yeah, that’s what I thought too.

What is funny to me is Becky Lynch on her own is getting the reactions creative wants for Rousey.
I mean what Rousey did last night was what a heel does and they are in no way shape or form turning Rousey heel.
I give them credit for realizing Charlotte is not a face and they turned her heel but Becky is by far the most over thing in the entire company.

The crowd chanted this is boring for Rollins-Ambrose and Rollins was supposed to be the guy to take the big belt and be the next guy.
I am glad creative got the belt off Becky in a way she lost no real momentum and can win the women’s rumble and beat Rousey at WM.

Daniel Bryan...promo of the year? Wow. He’s amazing. Starts around 21 min. mark.

Daniel Bryan...promo of the year? Wow. He’s amazing. Starts around 21 min. mark.

Woke Daniel Bryan is a genius way for him to get actual heel heat and still not get cheered like most heels are now.
It was a genius move by Bryan.

Woke Daniel Bryan is a genius way for him to get actual heel heat and still not get cheered like most heels are now.
It was a genius move by Bryan.

Yup. He’s not getting booed because he sucks and is overpushed like most guys who get booed, and he’s not getting cheered because he’s “cool” like a lot of heels. He’s getting legit heel heat. After being probably the most popular face of the decade. He’s a major talent.

Yup. He’s not getting booed because he sucks and is overpushed like most guys who get booed, and he’s not getting cheered because he’s “cool” like a lot of heels. He’s getting legit heel heat. After being probably the most popular face of the decade. He’s a major talent.

Bryan is legit one of the best wrestlers of all time. Its amazing they had to turn him heel after he came back, but he's crushing it

Vince is coming back to tv tonight. Usually the crowd goes crazy for whatever reason but I'd love to see him get booed for the direction creative/storylines have gone.

Vince is coming back to tv tonight. Usually the crowd goes crazy for whatever reason but I'd love to see him get booed for the direction creative/storylines have gone.

Well! You didn't get your wish

Many probably don’t agree, but Stephanie is the only McMahon who offers anything as an onscreen performer any more. And even she’s become only sporadically effective the last few years. Vince and Shane are completely washed.

Just rewatched Survivor Series ‘97. Shawn acting pissed off after he “realized” what happened was so head-shake worthy.

How many times did they use the word 'fresh' tonight'? And then booked Baron Corbin in the main event for next week...

...Oh, and then put 4 tag teams, all victims of 50-50 booking, in a tag team match...

and then ran that women's gauntlet match, mostly to dead silence, for the entire third hour.

Fresh?

Last edited:
According to Dave Meltzer at the Wrestling Observer (a must-subscription for rasslin' fans), that Lars Sullivan push is in peril. He was scheduled to appear and likely wrestle dark matches before both Raw and Smackdown this week. He no-showed, and he apparently is suffering from panic attacks. He went home to Colorado on Tuesday.

Meltzer reports that WWE planned a monster push for Sullivan, with Sullivan slated to go over John Cena at Wrestlemania.

According to Dave Meltzer at the Wrestling Observer (a must-subscription for rasslin' fans), that Lars Sullivan push is in peril. He was scheduled to appear and likely wrestle dark matches before both Raw and Smackdown this week. He no-showed, and he apparently is suffering from panic attacks. He went home to Colorado on Tuesday.

Meltzer reports that WWE planned a monster push for Sullivan, with Sullivan slated to go over John Cena at Wrestlemania.
That sucks on Sullivan.

Santa brought my son 2k19 and we’ve been using him a lot. I keep asking him if he’s shown up yet on either Raw or Smackdown to obvious no avail. He watches them on-demand after school everyday..

I was sorta grooming him to be the 1st guy we both liked and followed his career together.

Hope he gets it under control.

Question on WWE channel again. I know it’s an app, but so is Netflix...and now that’s a ‘channel’ for me in FIOS. Will that be possible with WWE and do they charge for multiple TVs and devices to put it on?? I have 4 TVs and 4 iPads that I would like to make available.

Or is tracked by if the account is being used?

Kenny Omega turned Vince down.

Pretty much everybody thinks he's going to AEW. The one question is whether AEW and New Japan will be able to develop some kind of cooperative agreement so that Omega can continue to do shows there. The issue is that New Japan and ROH are business partners, and several of the AEW signees came from ROH, so there's some raw feelings left.

Pretty much everybody thinks he's going to AEW. The one question is whether AEW and New Japan will be able to develop some kind of cooperative agreement so that Omega can continue to do shows there. The issue is that New Japan and ROH are business partners, and several of the AEW signees came from ROH, so there's some raw feelings left.
Whatever pushes Vince the better.
The product now is utter trash and if it weren’t for Fox wanting cheap content for them WWE stock would be in trouble.
If the content was actually good they would get more money for the TV rights.

That sucks on Sullivan.

Santa brought my son 2k19 and we’ve been using him a lot. I keep asking him if he’s shown up yet on either Raw or Smackdown to obvious no avail. He watches them on-demand after school everyday..

I was sorta grooming him to be the 1st guy we both liked and followed his career together.

Hope he gets it under control.

Question on WWE channel again. I know it’s an app, but so is Netflix...and now that’s a ‘channel’ for me in FIOS. Will that be possible with WWE and do they charge for multiple TVs and devices to put it on?? I have 4 TVs and 4 iPads that I would like to make available.

Or is tracked by if the account is being used?

I’m pretty sure it can be used with an unlimited number of devices, but only can be used by one device at a time.

Thought Dave gad a ton of great stuff this week. I hadnt heard anything about Lars until this morning

Watching Royal Rumble 2003 for the first time. Benoit vs. Angle...good grief. The intensity in the match and the crowd and commentary was off the charts.

Edit: and the Rumble match STARTED with Michaels and Jericho? By Jericho’s choice because he was that cocky and wanted to beat Michaels that badly? And he nut shotted him and busted him open with a chair within the first two minutes of the match? Wow. Phenomenal stuff. They don’t do it like this anymore.

Last edited:
King of the Ring ‘94 - how long into the event was Vince regretting bringing in Art Donovan to do commentary? Very first match and I’m dying laughing. Keeps befuddling Savage and Monsoon by asking stupid questions, yelling “ohhh!” anytime there’s any action at all, etc. Hilarious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom