WWE Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

King of the Ring ‘94 - how long into the event was Vince regretting bringing in Art Donovan to do commentary? Very first match and I’m dying laughing. Keeps befuddling Savage and Monsoon by asking stupid questions, yelling “ohhh!” anytime there’s any action at all, etc. Hilarious.

I wanted to watch the Owen Hart vs 1-2-3 kid match from this show because I had never seen it before. I knew the legend of Art, but he was even worse than I had read!

Hey Gorilla, how much does this guy weigh??

The Revival asked Vince for their release following their match on Monday. One way to guarantee that you won't get released in this environment is to ask for your release.

The Revival asked Vince for their release following their match on Monday. One way to guarantee that you won't get released in this environment is to ask for your release.

I love the detail that they didnt even change out of their gear before asking

without knowing how much time they have left, they may have been better off sitting tight and waiting for the contract to expire

Backlash 2002: Edge-Angle. Van Dam - Guerrero. A rookie Brock Lesnar - Jeff Hardy. Hogan - HHH. Scott Hall - Bradshaw. Austin - Undertaker.

Lots of cool matchups. I love the network for random old PPVs.

Backlash 2002: Edge-Angle. Van Dam - Guerrero. A rookie Brock Lesnar - Jeff Hardy. Hogan - HHH. Scott Hall - Bradshaw. Austin - Undertaker.

Scott Hall vs Bradshaw is such a random ass match

Must be the week before a PPV since Brock showed up on Raw. I'm sure this will get everyone excited about the Rumble...

According to Dave Meltzer, the plan with Cena was to have had Lars Sullivan 'injure' him as a cover for his missing the Royal Rumble. Cena is supposedly starting a movie. However, since Sullivan had those anxiety attacks, they had to create the phantom angle. The plan all along had been for Sullivan to face Cena at Wrestlemania, with Sullivan being put over by Cena.

So much for the best laid plans...

Watched 2002 rumble last week. Flair vs McMahon. Great match. McMahon was roided like crazy that year. Also had Rock vs Y2J for undisputed title. At one point in the rumble there was Angle, HHH, stone cold, Big Show, Mr Perfect (seemed random as he was over the hill by then), and Kane. Then Booker T and RVD. Crazy memories and insane talent.

Nothing beats those attitude era crowds. Just ridiculous how over pretty much everybody was. Guys like Scotty 2 hotty, Al Snow, Godfather. All mid card guys but all had specific gimmicks and moves and knew how to get the crowd going. Amazing stuff.

Nothing beats those attitude era crowds. Just ridiculous how over pretty much everybody was. Guys like Scotty 2 hotty, Al Snow, Godfather. All mid card guys but all had specific gimmicks and moves and knew how to get the crowd going. Amazing stuff.

Yeah, the crowds going nuts for every match, everybody with signs, etc. It definitely made for a way more exciting product.

I’m one of the few who actually lost interest in wrestling from like 98-01, and then got back into it a few years after that. I still would catch it often enough as most of my friends were into it in the heart of the attitude but I wasn’t a fan.

Even now, after having gone back and watched quite a bit...I find 1997 and like 2002-2004 to be far better quality than the peak popularity years of 98-00

I've basically been slowing watching WCW/ECW/WWF on the network from like 1997 on over the course of the last few years, and I just made it into 2001. One takeaway I have I didn't notice nearly as much at the time is the treatment of women. Slut, whore, bitch, all the time. And they get beaten up on a weekly basis! Really not good

Watched 2002 rumble last week. Flair vs McMahon. Great match. McMahon was roided like crazy that year. Also had Rock vs Y2J for undisputed title. At one point in the rumble there was Angle, HHH, stone cold, Big Show, Mr Perfect (seemed random as he was over the hill by then), and Kane. Then Booker T and RVD. Crazy memories and insane talent.

I’m probably in the minority of wrestling fans here, but I always enjoyed both Vince and Stephanie’s matches but mostly disliked Shane’s.

I think it’s because Vince and Stephanie weren’t really presented as anything they weren’t. They just cheated as much as possible. Shane would actually be having competitive matches with the best guys, which made no sense.

I’m probably in the minority of wrestling fans here, but I always enjoyed both Vince and Stephanie’s matches but mostly disliked Shane’s.

I think it’s because Vince and Stephanie weren’t really presented as anything they weren’t. They just cheated as much as possible. Shane would actually be having competitive matches with the best guys, which made no sense.

No past tense. Even now Shane is booked like he's a top level wrestler. It's madness. Like he goes toe to toe mat wrestling AJ Styles

According to Dave Meltzer, the ratings drop from the 1st to 3rd hour of Monday's Raw was the steepest drop on record. That's got to be disappointing considering the fact that Ronda Rousey and the women's tag was the main event. Vince may be reconsidering the Wrestlemania main event as we speak...

According to Dave Meltzer, the ratings drop from the 1st to 3rd hour of Monday's Raw was the steepest drop on record. That's got to be disappointing considering the fact that Ronda Rousey and the women's tag was the main event. Vince may be reconsidering the Wrestlemania main event as we speak...

Bummer. I’m rooting for Sasha Banks.

Bummer. I’m rooting for Sasha Banks.
I liked the match, and the women had been getting good ratings, so it's disappointing. Especially enjoyed how Banks got under Rousey's skin. I know that, absent that male superstar, McMahon was looking at either Rousey vs. Becky Lynch or a three-way also featuring Charlotte Flair as the main event for WM.

As always, one of the questions for Mania will be how many over-the-hill superstars are brought back to wrestle. Looks like less than usual this year with Cena and the Rock likely out, and Jericho gone.

Ronda isn’t money. She was made champion way too quickly and her mic skills are atrocious.
Thus it destroyed the Raw women’s division.
While Becky is money and is the hottest wrestler this side of the new woke Daniel Bryan.
The WM main event should be Becky going over Ronda. I have no interest in watching Charlotte be shoe horned into this match just because of her family name and Vince liking her.
The other main events are Seth Rollins going over Brock Lesnar and Daniel Bryan going over AJ Styles.

I liked the match, and the women had been getting good ratings, so it's disappointing. Especially enjoyed how Banks got under Rousey's skin. I know that, absent that male superstar, McMahon was looking at either Rousey vs. Becky Lynch or a three-way also featuring Charlotte Flair as the main event for WM.

As always, one of the questions for Mania will be how many over-the-hill superstars are brought back to wrestle. Looks like less than usual this year with Cena and the Rock likely out, and Jericho gone.

Jericho is at least still good and is all the way in when he’s around though. He doesn’t just show up for Mania only like most of these guys.

Hopefully no Taker, no Shane, no Batista(I heard he was rumored as a possibility), etc. No old part timers.

Jericho is at least still good and is all the way in when he’s around though. He doesn’t just show up for Mania only like most of these guys.

Hopefully no Taker, no Shane, no Batista(I heard he was rumored as a possibility), etc. No old part timers.
Shane vs. Miz
Batista vs. HHH
Undertaker vs. Kane
All rumored to be happening.

Jericho one of my top 5 favorite ever along with stone cold, Christian, angle, and Kane. He’s a top 15 ever, arguably top 10, and imo still underrated. One of best debuts ever and such a natural heel. Incredible how good he can still be at his age, for multiple different promotions and with different gimmicks. He’s a true natural at this craft.

Also love the wwe fans here. Lot of people hate on wrestling but they just don’t really understand it, and it’s all good. Drives me crazy when people say it’s fake though. Scripted isn’t the same as fake.

Should change this thread to just WWE thread and not include the 2018

According to Meltzer, Rousey is going to be done working full time either at Mania or shortly after

I agree re Jericho. I especially love the way he reinvents himself with different characters. But he has signed with AEW, and won't be available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom