WWE Thread | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
No idea why the other WWE thread got locked, but thought this was a good spot to talk wrestling.

Should be an interesting Raw tonight given the ppv next week, and the rumble event from Friday.

I didn't watch the show Friday, and after reading the reviews, I don't think i missed much

So Muhammad Hassan wrestled his first match in 13 years. Not for WWE.

I hadn’t paid attention to wrestling for years until I was channel surfing and caught one of his segments back in 2005. He (along with catching an exciting Shelton Benjamin match) got me back into it for awhile. It’s a shame how his career ended. Imagine the gold he could come up with on the mic in this current climate?

These tv contracts are insane.

Without reading the article beyond the headline and doing zero research, my hot take is that nobody really watches those shows anymore, fewer and fewer people even get those channels, and that trend isn’t likely to change. So where is all this money coming from for this type of programming? Doesn’t seem like the value is there?

I can’t remember the last time I watched smackdown or Raw. In fact, I often come across YouTube videos of segments from Raw that WWE’s channel puts on there now(they used to scrub everything from YouTube). I don’t even watch those either, but WWE is obviously aware of the changing ways that people watch their shows if they’re putting the “cool” parts on YouTube shortly after they happened, themselves.

Without reading the article beyond the headline and doing zero research, my hot take is that nobody really watches those shows anymore, fewer and fewer people even get those channels, and that trend isn’t likely to change. So where is all this money coming from for this type of programming? Doesn’t seem like the value is there?

I can’t remember the last time I watched smackdown or Raw. In fact, I often come across YouTube videos of segments from Raw that WWE’s channel puts on there now(they used to scrub everything from YouTube). I don’t even watch those either, but WWE is obviously aware of the changing ways that people watch their shows if they’re putting the “cool” parts on YouTube shortly after they happened, themselves.

Their tv ratings have stabilized over the last year or so, before that they were falling a ton. But the reality is ratings in general for everything are falling. I was reading that with Raw on USA, USA battles for the top 3 spots in cable ratings (Raw is usually one of the top shows on monday nights on cable), if Raw had left, they would probably be outside the top ten.

There's obviously a lot of value in getting about 3 million people who will watch a show every week. i can't believe Smackdown is going to Fox. Kinda boggles the mind

which immediately raises the question: how much will the raw rights go for when they come up again?

i mostly watch old awa clips from the 70s & 80s on youtube these days. it's hard to believe that this is now a multi-billion dollar industry

Raw rights are also up, nothing is official, but the talk is they're going to stick on USA for a similar sized deal as Smackdown

Anyone catch Money in the Bank? I felt most of the matches were good. The Money in the Bank matches were entertaining. Wasn’t expecting Alexa Bliss to win the match and then cash in the same night to become champion again. Braun Strowman winning was pretty awesome. Although with the universal champion appearing once every three months or so, it’s going to be hard for him to cash in anytime soon.

The Styles-Nakamura match was fun but after four matches now and Nakamura not winning any of them, I’m not sure where his arc goes from here.

The Roman Reigns match was brutal. Not sure what else they can do with this guy. The crowd was so disinterested they did the wave the entire time. You knew he was going to win but not even Jinder Mahal can put him over. Hopefully Vince doesn’t push another Reigns-Lesnar match at Summer Slam.

Anyone catch Money in the Bank? I felt most of the matches were good. The Money in the Bank matches were entertaining. Wasn’t expecting Alexa Bliss to win the match and then cash in the same night to become champion again. Braun Strowman winning was pretty awesome. Although with the universal champion appearing once every three months or so, it’s going to be hard for him to cash in anytime soon.

The Styles-Nakamura match was fun but after four matches now and Nakamura not winning any of them, I’m not sure where his arc goes from here.

The Roman Reigns match was brutal. Not sure what else they can do with this guy. The crowd was so disinterested they did the wave the entire time. You knew he was going to win but not even Jinder Mahal can put him over. Hopefully Vince doesn’t push another Reigns-Lesnar match at Summer Slam.

Reading pwinsider,, the crowd was even worse in person for Reigns/Mahal.

I thought the Styles/Nak match was fantastic. Both of those guys work together so well. I also thought the women's MITB match was better than the men's.

Reading pwinsider,, the crowd was even worse in person for Reigns/Mahal.

I tuned out for this one minus the ending. Sounds like I did not miss much. The crowd just does not like Reigns.

I got home for the end of the Styles match and I watched the rest. Last man standing seemed very good, at least the finishing stretch.

Ronda Rousey is really good. Kinda amazing.

Dave Meltzer was saying someone in WWE basically intimated to him they may go well Reigns beating Lesnar at Summerslam with Strowman cashing in when the match is over

I got home for the end of the Styles match and I watched the rest. Last man standing seemed very good, at least the finishing stretch.

Ronda Rousey is really good. Kinda amazing.

Dave Meltzer was saying someone in WWE basically intimated to him they may go well Reigns beating Lesnar at Summerslam with Strowman cashing in when the match is over

The universe will explode if they let Reigns walk out of that arena with the belt

The universe will explode if they let Reigns walk out of that arena with the belt

Yeah i'm going to be there for show, am definitely not looking forward to it if he wins.

Why does Vince insist on shoving this guy down peoples throats?

The weird thing is, he is pushing him super hard, but also, he kinda isn't. Like, he's always in the big matches, but he keeps losing to Brock.

I've gone to NXT and Summerslam each of the last 3 years at Barclays; not once has the WWE show been better than the NXT show. Without even knowing the cards, I'm willing to bet it'll be 4-4 this year.

Odd

There was a smackdown last month where he did a promo segment with a midget/little person, he wanted to do an attack on him after the promo; they said no, he went to Vince to plead his case, Vince directly said no, and then he did it anyway. That may not have been the entire reason he got let go,, but it was a lot of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom