Ximi Asani | Syracusefan.com

Ximi Asani

Ximi Asani

@XimiA52

#52 Ximi Asani Syracuse Football Commit #2013
Madison,WI

Asani Becomes Preferred Walk-On

What is a preferred walk-on?

A walk-on who is more or less guaranteed a walk-on spot, without having to try out. A kid who might have seen playing time at a lower-level school but would rather be a walk-on at a higher level school. At least, that's always been my interpretation of the term.

A walk-on who is more or less guaranteed a walk-on spot, without having to try out. A kid who might have seen playing time at a lower-level school but would rather be a walk-on at a higher level school. At least, that's always been my interpretation of the term.
I think also that he gets to practice with the higher members on the depth chart,not just the scout team kids. I wouldn't bet the ranch on that though.:crazy:

I think also that he gets to practice with the higher members on the depth chart,not just the team kids. I wouldn't bet the ranch on that though.:crazy:
everyone practices together... what does this even mean?

And frozen is correct.

Sure, you can come to our school and practice with our team, but we'd prefer it if you paid your own way.

And frozen is correct.
That's such a Cali response! Maybe they get a wallet card so they can eat with the starters and go to the good parties?

Nice looking kid. Quick at the point of attack, chases down plays, plays low but pretty short.

Not sure all the benefits at a private school guaranteed roster spot, first look at an available scholarship if they earn it by moving up the depth chart? I know when I was going through my daughters recruiting process at state schools it meant a roster spot but with no grant in aid for athletics but paying the in-state rate even if you were from out of state.

And frozen is correct.
Its my understanding that the units really don't mix much from the depth chart status I presumed that from the comments made by another "preferred walk-on candidate. If I'm wrong, get over it. and i extend:bat: my most humble apology

Sure, you can come to our school and practice with our team, but we'd prefer it if you paid your own way.

So being a preferred walk-on is like being recruited and committing to an Ivy. ;)