XXXTentacion shot dead | Syracusefan.com

XXXTentacion shot dead

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
X seemed like a guy who had a tough life, did some s****y things but was genuinely trying to become better and help people. Sad story.

Also, yea, seems too coincidental but I’m sure the cops will be interested in talking to those two clowns.

Been interesting to talk with my son about this. He's more upset about this than I've ever seen. We've gotten the chance to talk about proper treatment of women as well as depression, which it sounds like X had.

Been interesting to talk with my son about this. He's more upset about this than I've ever seen. We've gotten the chance to talk about proper treatment of women as well as depression, which it sounds like X had.
His fanbase was hardcore. Say what you want about him as a human but his music was heartfelt and helped a lot of people going through stuff. I wasn’t a huge fan but really like “I spoke to the devil in Miami...” and “Jocelyn Flores”.

Immensely talented guy. Music not for me (no under 30 rappers is my general rule but even if he was older or I was younger, the content would still not be for me), but I can recognize his talent.

Seemingly not a very good person, but sad that he never got the chance to grow into a better person.

Not on here, but I have been disappointed hearing/reading people in my age group and older saying the guy deserved it because of things he did. Same people prop up every dead rapper that they grew up listening to despite there being a number of incidents in their lives that suggest they weren’t very good people either(2Pac, Biggie, Big Pun, Eazy E, etc.)

Immensely talented guy. Music not for me (no under 30 rappers is my general rule but even if he was older or I was younger, the content would still not be for me), but I can recognize his talent.

Seemingly not a very good person, but sad that he never got the chance to grow into a better person.

Not on here, but I have been disappointed hearing/reading people in my age group and older saying the guy deserved it because of things he did. Same people prop up every dead rapper that they grew up listening to despite there being a number of incidents in their lives that suggest they weren’t very good people either(2Pac, Biggie, Big Pun, Eazy E, etc.)
I listened to “17” while driving around today and, while you have to be in a mood for that, it was really heartfelt and beautiful music. Crazy that it’s the same guy who burst onto the scene with “look at me”.

He was supposed to be hosting a charity event this weekend, that he organized. Apparently his gf is pregnant as well.

Just sad all around. I agree with what Charlemagne said in his “donkey of the day” segment for the killer that got arrested. “Satan got 4 that day. Took X’s life literally, and the lives of 3 others figuratively”.

Agree completely, but I've heard so many people say Biggie and 2Pac deserved it. Online and in real life discussions.

I certainly don’t think he deserved it. But I do feel that he is being put up in a massive pedestal by a lot of people including fellow rappers. He just wasn’t a good guy. Charity events are great and all but he didn’t just hit a woman he severely beat her. I’m out on that. Not enough time has passed or good deeds have been done to make up for that. Sad for his family but disappointed that the rap community seemingly still accepts violence against women as such a normal thing. Just my opinion.

I certainly don’t think he deserved it. But I do feel that he is being put up in a massive pedestal by a lot of people including fellow rappers. He just wasn’t a good guy. Charity events are great and all but he didn’t just hit a woman he severely beat her. I’m out on that. Not enough time has passed or good deeds have been done to make up for that. Sad for his family but disappointed that the rap community seemingly still accepts violence against women as such a normal thing. Just my opinion.

Yeah, the pedestal thing is annoying and a problematic mentality.

Yeah, the pedestal thing is annoying and a problematic mentality.
I think he’s put on a pedestal because he made unique music that people who were going through depression/suicidal thoughts/heartache could identify with. Obviously most know him from his “Look at me” type songs, but he transformed as an artist and as a human being after that. Common thread in his support is that he was someone that helped people through dark times.

I think it’s always sad when someone with a rough past, is in the process of transforming themselves into a better person, and that full transformation is never brought to fruition.

I think he’s put on a pedestal because he made unique music that people who were going through depression/suicidal thoughts/heartache could identify with. Obviously most know him from his “Look at me” type songs, but he transformed as an artist and as a human being after that. Common thread in his support is that he was someone that helped people through dark times.

I think it’s always sad when someone with a rough past, is in the process of transforming themselves into a better person, and that full transformation is never brought to fruition.

Interesting perspectives, and I appreciate that. I only hear this music in the periphery of spending time with my son so I only catch bits and pieces of these songs. Many seem to lament that despite having all this new found money and fame, they can't find love. A few different songs talk about all the girls they get, while at the same time recognizing it's only the money attracting these women. Maybe that's what I hear because I'm old but it sure seems to be antithetical to the images they seem to portray as tough guys taking what they want from whoever they want.

My son seems to think X was going to make that 180 degree life change and given enough time would be able to get past his transgressions, or at least make amends. Who knows. Maybe he just realized he was looking at actual prison time. I'm still harboring thoughts that this was a plan he put in motion to make sure he cashed out with the biggest payday for his family/future kids.

Interesting perspectives, and I appreciate that. I only hear this music in the periphery of spending time with my son so I only catch bits and pieces of these songs. Many seem to lament that despite having all this new found money and fame, they can't find love. A few different songs talk about all the girls they get, while at the same time recognizing it's only the money attracting these women. Maybe that's what I hear because I'm old but it sure seems to be antithetical to the images they seem to portray as tough guys taking what they want from whoever they want.

My son seems to think X was going to make that 180 degree life change and given enough time would be able to get past his transgressions, or at least make amends. Who knows. Maybe he just realized he was looking at actual prison time. I'm still harboring thoughts that this was a plan he put in motion to make sure he cashed out with the biggest payday for his family/future kids.

To follow up on this, just found this article as well about Post Malone, which the kid plays alot as well.

Yet it’s hard to know whether Malone is enjoying all this success. His music — on “Beerbongs” as well as on his hit 2016 debut, “Stoney” — is sluggish and moody, with minor-key vocal melodies delivered in a parched croon that makes it clear why the guy keeps wetting his whistle.

Malone’s gloom is of the standard nouveau-riche variety. Half his songs are about buying expensive things; the other half are about how those things attract people with shady intentions. (One tune on the new album is titled “Rich & Sad.”)

Post Malone was hip-hop's saddest champion at the Hollywood Bowl

He could be on his way to turning a new leaf etc etc, but he beat a pregnant woman and tried penetrating one with bbq grill utensils.

I’m not going to celebrate his death, but he was a piece of trash.