Yale vs UConn | Syracusefan.com

Yale vs UConn

HRE Otto IV

All American
I thought the Ivies were against playing FBS teams? Did Yale forget that UConn is FBS like most of the country has forgotten? I wouldn't mind having a rotation of Colgate, Cornell, Holy Cross, Fordham as our FCS games every year since we have history with each, especially the first three. That would cover 4 seasons.

I also wouldn't mind as our P5 OOC game rotating between Notre Dame, Penn State, West Virginia, Rutgers, Maryland. That would cover 12 seasons.

For G5 Temple, Navy, Army, UConn which would cover 8 seasons.

It would be nice to have a Northeast flavor OOC.

I think the issue is that an Ivy game doesnt count as a win for bowl eligibility..you can play them if you want. much like you can play 2 colgate type games but only 1 counts.

I think the issue is that an Ivy game doesnt count as a win for bowl eligibility..you can play them if you want. much like you can play 2 colgate type games but only 1 counts.
That's right. A win against an FCS (D-1AA) team that doesn't give scholarships (like an Ivy) can't be used for bowl eligibility.

There's a billboard on I-91 south of Hartford that is advertising the UConn/Yale game (it's Homecoming for UConn). Driving past it last weekend my 14 year old chimed in with "Ha! UConn is going to lose to Yale on Homecoming!". He's not wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom