Yanks acquire Nathan Eovaldi, Garrett Jones and Domingo German from Miami for Prado and Phelps | Syracusefan.com

Yanks acquire Nathan Eovaldi, Garrett Jones and Domingo German from Miami for Prado and Phelps

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES 6m
Source: Yankees are on the verge of acquiring P Nathan Eovaldi from Marlins for Martin Prado. Teams still talking, finalizing the deal.

Eovaldi is power arm who relies on a FB that avg 97 last year and slider. Was 6-14, 4.37 ERA, NL-high 223 hits, 142K, 43W in 199 2/3 innings

Looks like Yanks-Marlins deal may expand beyond Eovaldi & Prado. @flasportsbuzz said it would be Eovaldi and Garrett Jones for Prado/Phelps.

With Prado heading to the Marlins, Rob Refsnyder and Jose Pirela would seemingly be in a competition for the 2B job.

According to @Joelsherman1, Yankees are also getting Class A pitcher Domingo German. He was 9-3, 2.25 ERA, 123 1/2 IPs, 113K, 25W last year.

Last edited:
This trade makes a lot of sense, especially with the Yankees not going in on Scherzer. Now its up to Pirela or Refsnyder to prove they can be legitimate MLB players in Prado’s absence. With Eovaldi, you have a young, live arm whose average fastball last year was 95.7 mph, which was third highest in the majors among starters behind only Yordano Ventura and Garrett Richards. Its pretty amazing that Cashman effectively traded David Phelps and Peter O’Brien for Eovaldi and also got Garrett Jones who he has been trying to trade for years and a live arm prospect too.

This trade makes a lot of sense, especially with the Yankees not going in on Scherzer. Now its up to Pirela or Refsnyder to prove they can be legitimate MLB players in Prado’s absence. With Eovaldi, you have a young, live arm whose average fastball last year was 95.7 mph, which was third highest in the majors among starters behind only Yordano Ventura and Garrett Richards. Its pretty amazing that Cashman effectively traded David Phelps and Peter O’Brien for Eovaldi and also got Garrett Jones who he has been trying to trade for years and a live arm prospect too.
there has been some talk according to Joel Sherman the Yanks could possibly go after Asdrubal Cabrera to play second

Thats surprising. Phelps is also a surprise considering the starting pitch crunch. Phelps was kind of problem with his pitch count issues demanding relief pitchers to be ready just about every time he went out there.I suppose now Refsynder and Pirela will now be the prime second base considerations with Prado out of the picture and Headley secure at third. I'm very surprised that Cashman has gone in this direction. I think that some top executives want to look at the farm kids. The invitations go out after the first I think to get those not anticipating the news can prepare more this off season prior to reporting to camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom