Yawn - Springsteen again. | Syracusefan.com

Yawn - Springsteen again.

Great it is happening while the students are on campus.

This is a great chance for many of them to have a really special memory from their time at Syracuse.

I hope a lot of them take advantage...
Realistically, not many of them will be interested.

85911F5F-C567-4FC6-A34E-2D3DA63F55ED.png

Great it is happening while the students are on campus.

This is a great chance for many of them to have a really special memory from their time at Syracuse.

I hope a lot of them take advantage...
This belongs in the Share Something Funny thread.

Became a huge Bruce fan when I first heard him on WMMR in Philly in '73. Loved everything he did through 'Tunnel Of Love'. I've seen him about 5 times. Transcendent shows.

I have no desire to see him again. Was reading an article on a recent show and how 'powerful' he and the E-Street Band remain today. Then I saw the set-list. Pretty much the same set list from the early '80's.

Nostalgia tour (except for the ticket prices)? No thank you.

I saw my first Springsteen concert at the War Memorial in 1978.

Having seen 50+ shows since then, I heartily do not endorse the 'Yawn' in this post. :)

Set list that night:

BADLANDS / STREETS OF FIRE / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / HEARTBREAK HOTEL / FACTORY / PROMISED LAND / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / RACING IN THE STREET / THUNDER ROAD / JUNGLELAND / PARADISE BY THE C / FIRE / CANDY'S ROOM / IT'S HARD TO BE A SAINT IN THE CITY / 4TH JULY ASBURY PARK (SANDY) / RAVE ON / NOT FADE AWAY - GLORIA - SHE'S THE ONE / BACKSTREETS / ROSALITA / BORN TO RUN / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / QUARTER TO THREE

Became a huge Bruce fan when I first heard him on WMMR in Philly in '73. Loved everything he did through 'Tunnel Of Love'. I've seen him about 5 times. Transcendent shows.

I have no desire to see him again. Was reading an article on a recent show and how 'powerful' he and the E-Street Band remain today. Then I saw the set-list. Pretty much the same set list from the early '80's.

Nostalgia tour (except for the ticket prices)? No thank you.
Wasn't WMMR the station that pushed Billy Joel's Captain Jack and helped launch his career? It was around that same time period too.

*shrug* IIRC, lots of these giant tours have their gigs booked out well in advance and are still catching up on pandemic shows. The JMA Dome has only recently been capable of holding these acts again for various reasons. And then these tours usually miss central NY in favor of Toronto, NYC/NJ, Boston, etc. as their "Northeast" shows.

It'll take time to get more and bigger acts here.

My yawn, was not due to my displeasure with Springsteen ( but yes, I can't stand ), but rather that IF and WHEN the Dome announces a show, it's usually from a list of already having performed there. To be fair, they are clearly going to open the flood gates with recent announcements for RHCP, Def Leppard/Crue/Cooper.

My yawn, was not due to my displeasure with Springsteen ( but yes, I can't stand ), but rather that IF and WHEN the Dome announces a show, it's usually from a list of already having performed there. To be fair, they are clearly going to open the flood gates with recent announcements for RHCP, Def Leppard/Crue/Cooper.

It's one of the two highest demand tours going on right now (right? with Taylor Swift I assume?). I think it's a pretty big deal that Syracuse is included.

I wonder if people in NYC look at the MSG lineup and say, ugh, not Billy Joel again!?!?!

Do you have a list of musical artists who:
  • Are currently on tour, or planning a tour this Summer/Fall
  • Have NEVER performed in Syracuse
  • Aren't already performing in NYC or Buffalo
  • Would be willing to perform in a non-NFL stadium

It will be interesting to see how many students attend. Given how many are from the NYC/NJ area, I am guessing quite a few.
Regarding expected attendance- scheduling during Parents Wkd could have been fortuitous LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom