Yawn - Springsteen again. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yawn - Springsteen again.

Became a huge Bruce fan when I first heard him on WMMR in Philly in '73. Loved everything he did through 'Tunnel Of Love'. I've seen him about 5 times. Transcendent shows.

I have no desire to see him again. Was reading an article on a recent show and how 'powerful' he and the E-Street Band remain today. Then I saw the set-list. Pretty much the same set list from the early '80's.

Nostalgia tour (except for the ticket prices)? No thank you.
I’m a little confused….

You mainly like his older music, but don’t want him mainly performing his older music?

I’m a little confused….

You mainly like his older music, but don’t want him mainly performing his older music?
I've heard basically the same set list (other than a couple of soul oldies from his new album) at shows before. First time I ever saw him was in the cafeteria at Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pa.

I loved seeing him/them back when the music was fresh.

Just don't need to revisit that stuff again. Which is not to say that his fans shouldn't. I'm just not much of a nostalgia guy when it comes to music. I love seeking out new sounds instead. And there's lots of good new music out there, you just have to work to find it.

Last edited:
Do you have a list of musical artists who:
  • Are currently on tour, or planning a tour this Summer/Fall
  • Have NEVER performed in Syracuse
  • Aren't already performing in NYC or Buffalo
  • Would be willing to perform in a non-NFL stadium
The two that come immediately to kind are Swift and Styles. And so what if theyve already scheduled NYC? Styles sold out 15 shows at MSG. Spread the love. My daughter would die.

The two that come immediately to kind are Swift and Styles. And so what if theyve already scheduled NYC? Styles sold out 15 shows at MSG. Spread the love. My daughter would die.
Yeah, Styles P is that dude. L-O-X! D-Block!

Isn't Styles in Europe this Summer?

Became a huge Bruce fan when I first heard him on WMMR in Philly in '73. Loved everything he did through 'Tunnel Of Love'. I've seen him about 5 times. Transcendent shows.

I have no desire to see him again. Was reading an article on a recent show and how 'powerful' he and the E-Street Band remain today. Then I saw the set-list. Pretty much the same set list from the early '80's.

Nostalgia tour (except for the ticket prices)? No thank you.

Pricing is absolutely insane.

Pricing is absolutely insane.
Yep.That's the stated reason why the long-running Springsteen zine "Backstreets" shut down:

Here's the applicable quote:

"Six months after the onsales, we still faced this three-part predicament," Phillips said. "These are concerts that we can hardly afford; that many of our readers cannot afford; and that a good portion of our readership has lost interest in as a result."

Yep.That's the stated reason why the long-running Springsteen zine "Backstreets" shut down:

Here's the applicable quote:

"Six months after the onsales, we still faced this three-part predicament," Phillips said. "These are concerts that we can hardly afford; that many of our readers cannot afford; and that a good portion of our readership has lost interest in as a result."

The NYC area shows are very expensive.

Rest of the country pricey but do-able (how much do they think a ticket is?)

The late summer / fall stadium shows will be easy tickets and not expensive to make up for some of that.

Whatever on the Backstreets guys - Bruce has been pretty affordable and accessable the last 25 years and if he's giving a parting bonus to Bruce, Inc then so be it. The guy is in the business of being Bruce Springsteen, he's a performer.

Have my 2 Dome tix, 173.00 on my card for 2 counting all charges. Saw him 3 times late 70s early 80s. Wanted to see him and the E streeters once more. (Bucket list item ) Crappy seats but still psyched to go.

My son just paid $73 plus fees each for two upstairs. I paid $199 each for Section 118 half way up on the aisle. But if you go on SeatGeek right now you can see that the resale market is already in full force with tickets in my section starting at four times that. Bastards!

I get that there is a huge following, I just dont get why.. Much like the Stones I guess.

Then I dont get alot of things

I get that there is a huge following, I just dont get why.. Much like the Stones I guess.

Then I dont get alot of things
I am curious at who/what you like when it comes to music?

I pretty much like most anything. But Bruce wouldnt make my top 200 for sure. Never seen a live performance but there isnt a single song that makes me stop and listen when I come across him on the radio.

I pretty much like most anything. But Bruce wouldnt make my top 200 for sure. Never seen a live performance but there isnt a single song that makes me stop and listen when I come across him on the radio.
Your right to your opinion. His live shows are the best I have seen and I have seen many live acts. Also the only performer that did 2 2 hour sets with no warm up act. But my kids aren’t fans either , so there’s that.

I saw my first Springsteen concert at the War Memorial in 1978.

Having seen 50+ shows since then, I heartily do not endorse the 'Yawn' in this post. :)

Set list that night:

BADLANDS / STREETS OF FIRE / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / HEARTBREAK HOTEL / FACTORY / PROMISED LAND / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / RACING IN THE STREET / THUNDER ROAD / JUNGLELAND / PARADISE BY THE C / FIRE / CANDY'S ROOM / IT'S HARD TO BE A SAINT IN THE CITY / 4TH JULY ASBURY PARK (SANDY) / RAVE ON / NOT FADE AWAY - GLORIA - SHE'S THE ONE / BACKSTREETS / ROSALITA / BORN TO RUN / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / QUARTER TO THREE
so friggin fired up to see my FIRST! Bruce stadium show. Ponied up big time to be very close to the action down low enough to see everything. Been a lifelong fan, planets just never aligned...Finally, can't friggin wait. Yawn?......yeah, no.

so friggin fired up to see my FIRST! Bruce stadium show. Ponied up big time to be very close to the action down low enough to see everything. Been a lifelong fan, planets just never aligned...Finally, can't friggin wait. Yawn?...yeah, no.
Where you seeing him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom