yearly SRS comparison. Only 7 better seasons than this in 31 years | Syracusefan.com

yearly SRS comparison. Only 7 better seasons than this in 31 years

Millhouse

Living Legend
Better than
2019-2021, 2002-2017, 2000,1999, 1997, 1994, 1993
Worse than
2018, 2001, 1998, 1996, 1995, 1992, 1991

Only 7 out 31 years have been better. We are not used to 7-5 with this schedule being better than 9-3 with bad schedules.

Pasqualoni only had one year with a harder schedule (2001) - they did their best to schedule tough teams, not criticizing scheduling, they couldn't help that there were terrible teams in the big east at the time

Not a huge fan of SRS but look at the rankings this year

1669579726013.jpeg

Thank god the ACC is moving away from divisions

Not a huge fan of SRS but look at the rankings this year

View attachment 222565

Thank god the ACC is moving away from divisions
VT reminds me of something. We worry too much about how we're perceived when we are down. I have watched a million VT games and even i don't notice when they stink. There are just too many teams to expend energy talking about so and so being really bad. when miami and VT stink, i just forget about them. when they're good again, i think, oh that's right they're good a lot. I expect other people to think the same about us.

Sorry for subject change but this was the time where i realized that they stunk. Carolina and duke are lucky

It's really hard to believe that p only has six years better than this in schedule adjusted scoring margin.

Last edited:
VT reminds me of something. We worry too much about how we're perceived when we are down. I have watched a million VT games and even i don't notice when they stink. There are just too many teams to expend energy talking about so and so being really bad. when miami and VT stink, i just forget about them. when they're good again, i think, oh that's right they're good a lot. I expect other people to think the same about us.

Sorry for subject change but this was the time where i realized that they stunk. Carolina and duke are lucky

I think part of that is because we fear of losing any progress in terms of positive national relevance. When big programs are down, it's true that people just sort of forget about them. But when SU is bad it's sort of like "Ha same old Syracuse" which also isn't surprising when you only go to 4 bowls in like 20 years.

1997 surprises me. But I guess with Oklahoma and Miami being losing teams, the math drags it down.

If you just looked at how teams ended the season, you'd have to say 1997 and 2012 would have their way with this team. Both those teams had some early injury trouble, but were healthy and playing their best football at the end of the season.

1997 surprises me. But I guess with Oklahoma and Miami being losing teams, the math drags it down.

If you just looked at how teams ended the season, you'd have to say 1997 and 2012 would have their way with this team. Both those teams had some early injury trouble, but were healthy and playing their best football at the end of the season.
Yeah that is the surprising year that jumps out. There are some wrinkles in their calculation where they cap blowout margins

No comparing the rosters.

Better than
2019-2021, 2002-2017, 2000,1999, 1997, 1994, 1993
Worse than
2018, 2001, 1998, 1996, 1995, 1992, 1991

Only 7 out 31 years have been better. We are not used to 7-5 with this schedule being better than 9-3 with bad schedules.

Pasqualoni only had one year with a harder schedule (2001) - they did their best to schedule tough teams, not criticizing scheduling, they couldn't help that there were terrible teams in the big east at the time
Another way to look at is Babers has our 2 best seasons in the past 20 years.

He has obvious limitations but in his past 4 non-covid years he was won 27 out of 49 (maybe 28/50) playing in one of the toughest divisions in CFB and ND 2x out of conference.

Let’s see if the depth and consistency on offense can parallel what the defense has done the past 3 years.