YOU’RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART!! | Syracusefan.com

YOU’RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART!!

Nahson

Your best friend
I get that you’re all upset right now. Truly, I get it. I am too. But, coming into this game, I didn’t feel the same sense of confidence a lot of you felt. Expectations crumbled after drinking the koolaid for the last few weeks and that sucks.

However, if you took of your orange tinted glasses and looked at the last couple games objectively, tonight hurts a bit less.

The first couple games were fun, but flawed. This coaching staff is young and adjusting. So, even though we look more talented as a whole (we are), this was bound to happen.

I’m sad, yes. But as long as Fran and Company grow and these things don’t become a habit, there isn’t cause for the rioting we are all doing right now.

Orange on Orange violence is not the answer! I, as well as many of you, need to go to sleep and sober up.

We will be fine.

I love you

Good night

I get that you’re all upset right now. Truly, I get it. I am too. But, coming into this game, I didn’t feel the same sense of confidence a lot of you felt. Expectations crumbled after drinking the koolaid for the last few weeks and that sucks.

However, if you took of your orange tinted glasses and looked at the last couple games objectively, tonight hurts a bit less.

The first couple games were fun, but flawed. This coaching staff is young and adjusting. So, even though we look more talented as a whole (we are), this was bound to happen.

I’m sad, yes. But as long as Fran and Company grow and these things don’t become a habit, there isn’t cause for the rioting we are all doing right now.

Orange on Orange violence is not the answer! I, as well as many of you, need to go to sleep and sober up.

We will be fine.

I love you

Good night
If we win after I spend thousands of dollars to go to Vegas, I'll mostly forget this ever happened but right now I'm expecting a sad flight home

Agree.

There have been two games before this one. Both had glaring glaring issues.

Stanford is not great. But they are an ACC team and way over confident on here for less than a 10 point favourite, it really isn’t an upset.

The coaching decisions were not good, the Oline was atrocious, McCord also laid an egg…

Some of the crap that's being spewed here is unreal. I really don't remember this kind of melt down. Fran went from savior to the antichrist. If we stop that 4th down play, all is well. This game is in our rear view mirror and many of you forget how close we came to losing. Thing is, we were kinda lucky against Ohio. That game was a red flag. In any event, I'm done here for the evening. This place has gotten toxic.

We will be fine.

I love you

Good night
YOU’RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

If we win after I spend thousands of dollars to go to Vegas, I'll mostly forget this ever happened but right now I'm expecting a sad flight home
I'm now glad I'm not going to vegas. I was really bummed about having to pull out on my trip but not so much now. Oh well, we beat holy cross and we go 3-1. Then we have a chance to beat another top 25 team in unlv to go to 4-1 and then who knows.

Some of the crap that's being spewed here is unreal. I really don't remember this kind of melt down. Fran went from savior to the antichrist. If we stop that 4th down play, all is well. This game is in our rear view mirror and many of you forget how close we came to losing. Thing is, we were kinda lucky against Ohio. That game was a red flag. In any event, I'm done here for the evening. This place has gotten toxic.

Seems a ton of people believed this team was going to the playoff.

Nah, it would’ve simply masked things. As you alluded to, there were red flags for anyone paying attention.

I am not happy but not angry. I think this is the best team we have fielded in a couple of decades so the loss stings. Let's keep the attitudes positive and trust the coaches and players to put in the work

In fairness the Stanford QB threw an absolute dime. Not sure a safety helps that location, but a real pass rush probably does.

I think they showed pressure presnap to make him be quick trigger and then bailed out to go for the pass breakup/INT but they overthought it

I would've brought pressure up the middle to prevent him from escaping and make him make that throw with no room to step into. If they convert so be it

In fairness the Stanford QB threw an absolute dime. Not sure a safety helps that location, but a real pass rush probably does.
To rub some salt in the wound I got to watch Illinois blitz the crap out of Nebraska in OT to seal the win for them. It really was too soon for me.:(

It was a tough game, came down to the last play, and quite frankly without the pick 6 we actually win it. So, it’s just the usual morons, probably many Johnny come lately fairweathers, spouting off after a loss to draw attention to themselves like we always see after a loss. Nothing new. Rinse, repeat.

There’s plenty to critique because, well we lost lol. But we were going to lose games this season. If there were thoughts of us going undefeated and winning a NC well then that’s their problem (goes back to the usual morons comment). We beat a GT team everyone picked us to lose to and we lost to a Stanford team everyone picked us to win. It happens. It’s life.

We got whupped up front and threw a pick six.

It’s really hard to win any game when those two things happen.

In some ways surprising that we were able to make it that close.
Yeah the OL had their worst game by a mile today, night and day vs what we saw against GT. Couldn’t establish the run at all. OG was invisible. I’m not sure Ross-Simmons was even targeted. Missing Zeed hurt.

Odd thing is that considering that and all the pressure because of it, the picks weren’t really caused by pressure. Kyle made a bad call on one and I’m still not sure if Villari turned the wrong way or if the ball was thrown to the wrong spot on the other. In any event though, the miscues weren’t caused by the line as bad as it was. Plenty of blame to go around.

This one is squarely on the offense. Defense played good enough for us to win and specials as well.

Agreed that the defense was better, relatively.

The picks might not have been directly caused by pressure.

But Stanford clearly had an overall strategy to heat up McCord and it worked.

He’s not nearly as effective when he has to move his feet.

It’s truly unbelievable, insulting and hurtful that a team missing three or more starters with 40 new transfers and comprised of 18-22 year old kids with a first time head coach would EVER lose a game.

Perspective is a difficult thing, I get it. I’m disappointed, yes. But there are some truly crazy takes this morning. I always tell myself not to go on the board for a day or two after a loss. Yet here I am. My bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom