YOU’RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

YOU’RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART!!

Agreed that the defense was better, relatively.

The picks might not have been directly caused by pressure.

But Stanford clearly had an overall strategy to heat up McCord and it worked.

He’s not nearly as effective when he has to move his feet.

It remined me on the Middle Tennessee game with the blitzing, just seemed unprepared for it for some reason.

Over the years I've seen meltdowns, of course, but this one is right up there. I understand being upset, but wow. The mob is in full effect after Fran.

asf_inPixio.jpg

Over the years I've seen meltdowns, of course, but this one is right up there. I understand being upset, but wow. The mob is in full effect after Fran.

View attachment 245132
There’s a certain subset of sports fans that think acting like an A Hole when things don’t go your way makes you a “real fan”. No, it just makes you an A Hole that watches sports.

There’s a certain subset of sports fans that think acting like an A Hole when things don’t go your way makes you a “real fan”. No, it just makes you an A Hole that watches sports.
Yeah, I agree 100%.

What's funny is that after the Ohio game, I came away feeling very uneasy about Fran and the team. I even posted something that was critical but I decided not to post because I really didn't feel like getting slammed since most posts were all positive about the win. Now after this loss, it's like many of the posters here are shocked that this happened. I'm surprised that we didn't play better and struggled like we did, but not surprised that we got into a dog fight with stanford. We're not that much better than any team we're going to face this year (aside from holy cross).

Yeah, I agree 100%.

What's funny is that after the Ohio game, I came away feeling very uneasy about Fran and the team. I even posted something that was critical but I decided not to post because I really didn't feel like getting slammed since most posts were all positive about the win. Now after this loss, it's like many of the posters here are shocked that this happened. I'm surprised that we didn't play better and struggled like we did, but not surprised that we got into a dog fight with stanford. We're not that much better than any team we're going to face this year (aside from holy cross).
There’s nothing wrong with being critical. It was certainly warranted after this performance. The important thing for me was that we did make adjustments that put us in position to win the game, where for most of it, our strength (offense) was disjointed at best.

Our defense gave up 12 points after the first drive and forced two turnovers, one being a gift to the offense that they could only convert into a FG. You basically score a TD there and wipe out the pick 6 and we win by more than the spread. As bad as the offense looked we weren’t that far off from being where we were expected to be. That’s what’s most important to me.

The noise is just noise. There’s work to be done and I’m sure they’ll get to it.

I’m disappointed of course, but I’m not sure any of our teams in recent years would’ve held on with GT, or came back to take the lead against Stanford. The hype had everyone thinking CFP, which is ridiculous.

I’m disappointed of course, but I’m not sure any of our teams in recent years would’ve held on with GT, or came back to take the lead against Stanford. The hype had everyone thinking CFP, which is ridiculous.
People that are disappointed over that - that says more about them than anything else. Just goofs with no basis in reality. The chance of this team going undefeated this year all things considered was probably 1%. I feel good about us having a good season and this will be a building block.

I’m only disappointed that we seem so susceptible to stunts and delays on both sides of the line. I-line seemed to get beat by delayed speed rushes and LB stunts and our D seemed to allow their OL time to open holes and then delayed runs gashed us (almost like a version of the WF slow mesh).

Only thing about the 4th down conversion where safety help may have made a difference is that with help over the top, the DB could have covered the underneath or back shoulder throw better rather than having to worry about getting burned deep.

I’m only disappointed that we seem so susceptible to stunts and delays on both sides of the line. I-line seemed to get beat by delayed speed rushes and LB stunts and our D seemed to allow their OL time to open holes and then delayed runs gashed us (almost like a version of the WF slow mesh).

Only thing about the 4th down conversion where safety help may have made a difference is that with help over the top, the DB could have covered the underneath or back shoulder throw better rather than having to worry about getting burned deep.
Look there is talent on this team, still can win 9 games but someone has to step up and find a passable running game.
For a school that has had Brown, Davis,
little, Morris, and recently Tucker, the current group isn't acceptable.

I’m beside myself with the vitriol being spouted on this board. This is a a game being played by very young men.

We lost a game to, what was expected to be, an inferior opponent. They aren’t. Their DLine pushed us around. Their WRs are better than our corners.

If anyone thought we were going from Dino to the playoffs, you were kidding yourself. 7-5 would be a great season. Next year will be rough w/o a Kyle like QB Transfer.

If someone told you that Dino would be gone, we would grab some amazing talent, and make a bowl game this year - all of you would have taken that deal. Get a grip people. My goodness.

I’m just as disappointed as the rest of you, but c’mon man!

This board has turned into the board that we all wanted to get away from, and that is why this board was originally formed years ago. It used to be insightful, not hurtful. I really long for the original board, and how much fun it was and how much it was not about calling our coach a clown. I cringe when I see that heading of a post on here. You can respectfully criticize things that you think the coach got wrong or missed, but name calling and throwing people under the bus should not be allowed on here. This is part of why I like being in the chat when people come in. The chat is so much better than reading the game thread during a game. The game thread is meltdown city all the time.

The defense held them to 19 points. We threw a pick 6. Couldn’t run the ball. Barnes getting hurt, well hurt.

The team showed a lot of fight. I like that.
Our defense is not great but our offense should have won us that game. Just didn’t have it today.

I am sad about this one but I think the staff learns from this. The culture is there.
If you think the sky is falling today just go have a nice steak dinner and a stiff drink or 2.

I’m beside myself with the vitriol being spouted on this board. This is a a game being played by very young men.

We lost a game to, what was expected to be, an inferior opponent. They aren’t. Their DLine pushed us around. Their WRs are better than our corners.

If anyone thought we were going from Dino to the playoffs, you were kidding yourself. 7-5 would be a great season. Next year will be rough w/o a Kyle like QB Transfer.

If someone told you that Dino would be gone, we would grab some amazing talent, and make a bowl game this year - all of you would have taken that deal. Get a grip people. My goodness.

I’m just as disappointed as the rest of you, but c’mon man!
I’m not. It’s the usual idiots being allowed to act like idiots. Nothing new.

Can anyone explain what happened at the end? A lineman jumped, and they threw flags, but never moved them back for the kick. What did I miss?

I still LOVE Fran Brown. He takes responsibility, acknowledging he is a work in progress as a head coach, understands that sometimes players don't make plays even when they are in position to do so, and retains a clear vision of the kind of rebuild he wants to execute, all while respecting the traditions and history of the school.

Also, Stanford was better than I expected.

I get that you’re all upset right now. Truly, I get it. I am too. But, coming into this game, I didn’t feel the same sense of confidence a lot of you felt. Expectations crumbled after drinking the koolaid for the last few weeks and that sucks.

However, if you took of your orange tinted glasses and looked at the last couple games objectively, tonight hurts a bit less.

The first couple games were fun, but flawed. This coaching staff is young and adjusting. So, even though we look more talented as a whole (we are), this was bound to happen.

I’m sad, yes. But as long as Fran and Company grow and these things don’t become a habit, there isn’t cause for the rioting we are all doing right now.

Orange on Orange violence is not the answer! I, as well as many of you, need to go to sleep and sober up.

We will be fine.

I love you

Good night
This is just part of the miserable happy when it's good everything is going to when something good dosent happen personality of the central new york sports fan. Wasn't always this way I've been lurking on this board for 23 years and it still amazes me the drunk non filtered takes after a loss are so called fans make.

People that are disappointed over that - that says more about them than anything else. Just goofs with no basis in reality. The chance of this team going undefeated this year all things considered was probably 1%. I feel good about us having a good season and this will be a building block.
I am with you. What is frustrating is that we have a seasoned QB who has thrown the ball well this year. Save a few throws on Friday and the first few against Ohio. Syracuse has not proven the ability to have consistency at that position and when we do we have had our best seasons. Nassib, Dungey, McNabb, McPherson, Graves, etc. Maybe it is a new era and Fran will grab another good qb off the transfer/NIL portal. It would be nice to have a younger QB come in playing ready like Eric Dungey was but it hasn’t happened a ton in my time as a fan. Seems like McCord was a unicorn as he had an existing relationship with the coach, was polished as a passer and fortunately was in the transfer portal. It just stings when we have a guy at that position and we lose at home near the start of the year. This year can be a building block for sure but many hoped for something special given the uniqueness of the players we have this year. I hope Fran can recruit lineman and QBs.

Agree.

There have been two games before this one. Both had glaring glaring issues.

Stanford is not great. But they are an ACC team and way over confident on here for less than a 10 point favourite, it really isn’t an upset.

The coaching decisions were not good, the Oline was atrocious, McCord also laid an egg…
McCord was not protected...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom