YOU’RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

YOU’RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART!!

The team was as flat as a pancake and still had Stanford beat. The final drive by McCord was beyond solid. The D played well as they didnt give up and held Stanford to under 20 points. The Refs really did a number on us. Dan the man completely screwed up on the pick 6. Gill stopped on a route that would have been six.
Lots of if this or that and in the end i think that Fran over thought the situation. I truly believe he was expecting a crossing route over the middle and pulled the blitz to protect against that knowing that we didnt have anyone who could get there in time he didnt want to leave that open.
I actually think our biggest issue going forward is LB. I would consider moving Fadil there full time. Let him man the middle. Barron has already been moved not sure who else we have that can step up. We need to make sure we rest the injured against Holy Cross and get as healthy as possible for UNLV. I want to see the Big General and Barnes sit next week. Same with Haynes and anyone else injured. Not sure with Ross Simmons at some point you need to sit him for the year if he can get this one back. Lets get the backups some run next week including the QBs and OL.

There’s nothing wrong with being critical. It was certainly warranted after this performance. The important thing for me was that we did make adjustments that put us in position to win the game, where for most of it, our strength (offense) was disjointed at best.

Our defense gave up 12 points after the first drive and forced two turnovers, one being a gift to the offense that they could only convert into a FG. You basically score a TD there and wipe out the pick 6 and we win by more than the spread. As bad as the offense looked we weren’t that far off from being where we were expected to be. That’s what’s most important to me.

The noise is just noise. There’s work to be done and I’m sure they’ll get to it.
Of course there's nothing wrong with being critical. This is a forum where it's all about exchanging different viewpoints and perspectives. However, what was posted after the game wasn't critical. Referring to Fran as a clown or fraud is personal. If you want to hammer the coaches and even players, fine, but be specific rather than being lazy and getting personal. By the way, I don't actually mean "you".

I am with you. What is frustrating is that we have a seasoned QB who has thrown the ball well this year. Save a few throws on Friday and the first few against Ohio. Syracuse has not proven the ability to have consistency at that position and when we do we have had our best seasons. Nassib, Dungey, McNabb, McPherson, Graves, etc. Maybe it is a new era and Fran will grab another good qb off the transfer/NIL portal. It would be nice to have a younger QB come in playing ready like Eric Dungey was but it hasn’t happened a ton in my time as a fan. Seems like McCord was a unicorn as he had an existing relationship with the coach, was polished as a passer and fortunately was in the transfer portal. It just stings when we have a guy at that position and we lose at home near the start of the year. This year can be a building block for sure but many hoped for something special given the uniqueness of the players we have this year. I hope Fran can recruit lineman and QBs.
There are young lineman who have the right measurables to become effective at this level. In a couple years they will grow into the type Fran and Erob want.
The Defensive line has a true Freshman in Watson, and Perry who really never got the chance to play his normal position last year.
They both look like they can play the position, but need game time.

The team was as flat as a pancake and still had Stanford beat. The final drive by McCord was beyond solid. The D played well as they didnt give up and held Stanford to under 20 points. The Refs really did a number on us. Dan the man completely screwed up on the pick 6. Gill stopped on a route that would have been six.
Lots of if this or that and in the end i think that Fran over thought the situation. I truly believe he was expecting a crossing route over the middle and pulled the blitz to protect against that knowing that we didnt have anyone who could get there in time he didnt want to leave that open.
I actually think our biggest issue going forward is LB. I would consider moving Fadil there full time. Let him man the middle. Barron has already been moved not sure who else we have that can step up. We need to make sure we rest the injured against Holy Cross and get as healthy as possible for UNLV. I want to see the Big General and Barnes sit next week. Same with Haynes and anyone else injured. Not sure with Ross Simmons at some point you need to sit him for the year if he can get this one back. Lets get the backups some run next week including the QBs and OL.
I want our 2 Freshman running backs to get some time, we need someone who can get to the outside to spread the field.
Right now opposing defenses don't worry about the outside, we have no one who can get to the outside. Leaves no room for the inside dive they run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom