you know one thing that it seems is forgotten | Syracusefan.com

you know one thing that it seems is forgotten

the over turn on that first down catch we had. Why? I didn't see any angle that showed our guy didn't catch it and
the call on the field was a catch. Anyone see anything different?
I didn't see anything conclusive.

Maybe it was "North of the Mason-Dixon Line" conclusive
yep it's what we've said all year, gotta beat the other team, the refs and sometimes our own coaches. Somehow SuperShrader did it. But man this north south thing, they're killing us. Funny thing though I go in knowing that and expect it with each close call now and it oddly makes it easier on my psyche.

For multiple reasons, I wish they’d split the ACC into more or less “old Big East” and “original ACC”. One of those reasons is maybe we’d get a fair shake playing the NC schools and Clemson and FSU less often.

Cuse, BC, Pitt, Miami, VT, Louisville, and I guess Virginia?

UNC, Duke, Wake, NC State, Clemson, FSU, Georgia Tech.

Would be way better. And frankly would make way more sense from a travel perspective. Though Miami would probably hate it.

Last edited:
Refs did everything they could to try and gift that game to VT. Shrader was just that much better.
Not to whine about the reffing but is there any doubt that if one of our guys hit their QB as he was going down, there would be a flag. I swear, the ref gave the guy a stern talking to.

yep it's what we've said all year, gotta beat the other team, the refs and sometimes our own coaches. Somehow SuperShrader did it. But man this north south thing, they're killing us. Funny thing though I go in knowing that and expect it with each close call now and it oddly makes it easier on my psyche.

I know that we shoot ourselves in the foot sometimes [such as false starts].

But VT got away with a LOT today that went uncalled. And the penalty yardage disparity was a joke.

Seems like we never catch a break. Like you said, we have to play the other team and the refs, it seems.

But VT got away with a LOT today that went uncalled. And the penalty yardage disparity was a joke.

Seems like we never catch a break. Like you said, we have to play the other team and the refs, it seems.
Maybe not next week. B.C. should be in the same boat as us.

I'll make ya feel a little better on this issue, one of our DB on the hail mary was holding one of their wr in the back of the endzone almost out of bounds, pretty blatantly. As it occured I was thinking to myself as a true Cuse fan that here we go again lose a game with no time left on an extra play! (happened to one of my teams). Thank God they either missed it (likely) or let it slide.

I'll make ya feel a little better on this issue, one of our DB on the hail mary was holding one of their wr, on the play, pretty blatantly. As it occured I was thinking here we go again lose a game with no time left on an extra play!(happened to one of my teams). Thank God they either missed it (likely) or let it slide.
That guy was standing out of the end zone. I can't ever remember seeing that called when a guy is standing out of the end zone and not even trying to get back in bounds.

Look at the giant grass stain on the back of his glove after he caught it. I think he definitely cradled it

44 for VaTech burned by Johnson early and then Alford on late score

I didn't see anything conclusive.

Maybe it was "North of the Mason-Dixon Line" conclusive
Isn't the ACC replay "command" center in Greensboro, NC? Might as well be in Petticoat Junction. Horrible. The one time the field officials managed to get a few calls right (although they blew a bunch of PI calls), the replay center S'sTB. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Isn't the ACC replay "command" center in Greensboro, NC? Might as well be Petticoat Junction. Horrible. The one time the officials actually got a few calls right (although they blew a bunch of PI calls), the replay center STB. Pathetic.
I think they’re still mad about Boeheim’s Denny’s crack and have had it out for us ever since.

Though they would’ve had it out for us anyways. “Yankee” dislike is a very real thing down there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom