Young Disappointing college stars. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Young Disappointing college stars.

Huh? Lonzo? Must not watch the NBA. He's about to sign a deal this offseason for $20m+ a year.
I'm not a Lonzo fan but his biggest problem has always been his dad's mouth. His awkward shooting stroke has gotten better and his % has gone up dramatically add that he has always excelled at passing and rebounding yes he is going to become an even richer young man. TBH he has exceeded my expectations of him.

In 2007 I knew two things:

I was certain that Corey Brewer had a skill-set that would translate, if not into stardom then at least into a solid NBA career.

I was slightly less sure, but still strongly of the opinion, that Jo Noah wasn't skilled enough to stick in the league.

File this into Chapter 473 of why OttoMets doesn't bother to form NBA opinions. They're always wrong.
Corey Brewer played in the nba for 10+ years, if that isn’t a solid nba career. I don’t know what is.

sticking in the nba is hard. Some of these guys called busts itt were drafted like 25th and above. That’s not a bust. That’s the standard for those picks

Anthony Bennett
They were in our regional in 2013. Saw from his body language in warm ups that they would lose badly that day. That team also had Khem Birch who is still playing pro ball despite being underwhelming in college.

Remember Tractor Traylor RIP - I remember he was drafted high in the 1st round by Dallas who traded him to the Bucks for Dirk Nowitzki. Ouch.

Duke’s Danny Ferry was the second pick in the first round by the Clippers, he refused to play for them and played abroad his first year and then came back stinking it up for Cleveland.

Michigan St’s Mateen Cleaves - multi year college All American, MOP Final 4 player for his NCAA championship team, drafted in the first round and averaged 3.6 points in his NBA career.

Ed OBannon UCLA is another name I thought of, was a huge college star drafted in the first round who didn’t do anything in the NBA.
Wasn’t O’Bamnon the named plaintiff in the image and likeness case against the NCCA? If so he got his 15 minutes of fame there.

1 of the best worst college teams of all time. Probably have to put that up there with a kevin durant texas team getting blown out in the 2nd round of NCAAT.

Pretty sure the only time I stormed the court at the Dome was when Allen Griffin hit a buzzer beater to beat that exact team. High fived Damone Brown along the way.

Last edited:
Hasheem Thabeet

4 teams in 5 years in the league. Scrub school, scrub player
I remember JB saying he thought Thabeet would be a dominating NBA player. I believe JB said it while Thabeet was playing at UCONN and has said it later when asked about former players that he was really surprised he didn't become a great NBA player.

I remember JB saying he thought Thabeet would be a dominating NBA player. I believe JB said it while Thabeet was playing at UCONN and has said it later when asked about former players that he was really surprised he didn't become a great NBA player.

That's remarkable.

If there's one player on this list who seemed like to be a bust, Thabeet was the guy. Unskilled and not very athletic player who benefitted from playing in a ridiculously physical college conference. And even there he didn't put up noteworthy stats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom