Young WR’s | Syracusefan.com

Young WR’s

Cuse House

All American
Very impressed with the development of the young guys. Harris looks the part, he will be a stud. Johnson looks very solid as well and continues to get better. These guys are growing in confidence and are starting to complement Custis well. I think with Devito we will see this trend continue as he has the timing and arm strength to get the ball to these guys as they break open. Early in the season I was very concerned with the WR group but am very optimistic for the future. The group has begun to look like ACC caliber WR’s the past few weeks.

Very impressed with the development of the young guys. Harris looks the part, he will be a stud. Johnson looks very solid as well and continues to get better. These guys are growing in confidence and are starting to complement Custis well. I think with Devito we will see this trend continue as he has the timing and arm strength to get the ball to these guys as they break open. Early in the season I was very concerned with the WR group but am very optimistic for the future. The group has begun to look like ACC caliber WR’s the past few weeks.
The thing I liked best was the way Devito hit Custis & Johnson in stride for long gains & scores. He can throw the ball a long way with low flight times. I listened by radio but he was fun to watch today...

The thing I liked best was the way Devito hit Custis & Johnson in stride for long gains & scores. He can throw the ball a long way with low flight times. I listened by radio but he was fun to watch today...
Devito plants his back foot and delivers on time. He is a pass first, pro style QB. He fits the system better, and is a much more accurate and fluid thrower. He will allow our guys to run after the catch.

2020. DeVito, Adams, Harris, Jackson, Johnson, Howard.

Defense: Black, Trill, Cisco, Melifonwu (what a setup from him today), Richards, etc.

Lots of nice talent coming through

Defense: Black, Trill, Cisco, Melifonwu (what a setup from him today), Richards, etc.

Playoffs?

sdhall01...thoughts?

And Nazir Burnett and Courtney Jackson for young depth coming in next year. Burnett could be next year’s breakout true frosh ala Harris this year.

If Jackson. Butler, Harris, Riley. Johnson, Queely, Hendrix and Lutz are collectively too good to keep Burnett from the field then we’ll be crazy good.

Earlier this season, somebody posted a positional breakdown and gave the WRs a D- grade.

This group has probably performed around a B- or B level, in actuality.

Not to doubt Dino's coaching decisions or anything, but I swear a lot of the young guys I've seen play I've been highly impressed with and think they're possibly starter worthy players. I'm glad we're not getting Shafer-level recruits anymore, and would love to see some more young guns play.

Needs some shooting guards to throw too on the outside.

Earlier this season, somebody posted a positional breakdown and gave the WRs a D- grade.

To be fair they had their struggles early which is to be expected out of such an inexperienced group. They had their drops. And Butler starting and having majority of reps hurt us and made the group look worse but playing Nykiem and Taj more, gaining experience, and targeting Riley more has really helped this group improve throughout the season

Taj & Nykeim are good right now, both of them can fly...

After Custis goes, I'm interested to see who'll step up opposite Taj (Jackson is the heavy favorite obviously) I think we're covered at H & Y in 10 personnel for days... It's that X position I worry about without having seen Jackson in a game.

Everything that I heard prior to the season getting going was that Jackson is the best WR on the team.

I think it's completely possible, probably probable with how young this group is, that we are not only head and shoulders more talented next year but productive as well.

We're built from the inside out for the long haul.

Purple Haze is going to make some noise next year.

The stars just haven’t aligned for Dino yet for his offense.
I think 2020 can be special if we can keep everyone here and some minor adjustments on the staff

honestly if you are not going to throw nearly as many Wr screens then Butler should be playing less. of the 5 playing most of the time he is one never seeing any throws.

I am over Butler. Hope he does better but I want Harris in the game all the time. Kid has it. A little wiggle, some speed, and great hands.

I think our WR's are/have been B to B- all year. They've managed to get open, but ED is not patient in the pocket, is too quick to run, and often times has trouble finding guys that are clearly open. He rarely goes through his progressions before he takes off up the field. What we saw from TD yesterday was the exact opposite, and he rea;ly gave our WR group a chance to shine. You can actually see Tommy go through progressions. When Tommy felt pressure, he ran, but not the way Eric does. Tommy ran laterally, to extend the play, and allow WR's more time to get open. That was the big difference to me between ED, and TD. Dungey is more Tebow like, while Devito is more Russell Wilson like in the way he extended plays behind the line. That, and of course the much quicker trigger, and far better accuracy.

Just not who we expected.

Devin Butler has been absolutely ghosted. most thought he would be 1 or 1a with custis.

I think our WR's are/have been B to B- all year. They've managed to get open, but ED is not patient in the pocket, is too quick to run, and often times has trouble finding guys that are clearly open. He rarely goes through his progressions before he takes off up the field. What we saw from TD yesterday was the exact opposite, and he rea;ly gave our WR group a chance to shine. You can actually see Tommy go through progressions. When Tommy felt pressure, he ran, but not the way Eric does. Tommy ran laterally, to extend the play, and allow WR's more time to get open. That was the big difference to me between ED, and TD. Dungey is more Tebow like, while Devito is more Russell Wilson like in the way he extended plays behind the line. That, and of course the much quicker trigger, and far better accuracy.

devito sees passes that dungey isnt comfortable throwing. and he reacts with the quick trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom