Your 2019 season breakout players o/d | Syracusefan.com

Your 2019 season breakout players o/d

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
O: N. Johnson - think he surpasses Sean Riley in production if he sures up his hands. He’s a hardworking kid who came here to build on Dino’s culture. We all were impressed by his signing interview. Now’s his time.

D: I’m torn between Black and Clarke. Black I think we’re all realizing is half Grizzly Bear half Mack Truck. I wonder if we’ve underestimated him and Ruff greatly in their readiness to help alleviate the loss of Chris slayton.

Clarke’s faced some self inflicted adversity and now has a shot to earn that opportunity he was ready to beg for in recruitment. He’s a notorious hard hitter and may impress whenever Foster needs a breather. Has some serious competition with Jonas though, as well as a monster strong looking Coley.

Offense: Eddie Hendrix. Been nothing but injured so far, but let's not forget he was one of our biggest signings on NSD. If he can get healthy, and get reps, he could turn some heads.
Defense: Fredrick. He's already been good, but I can see him playing himself into a 2nd round pick.

Offense: Eddie Hendrix. Been nothing but injured so far, but let's not forget he was one of our biggest signings on NSD. If he can get healthy, and get reps, he could turn some heads.
Defense: Fredrick. He's already been good, but I can see him playing himself into a 2nd round pick.
CF’s probably the most underrated Orange player in recent memory. Has to be there with Lemon, Lynch etc. in my books

Offense - Nykeim. I think he has a monster year. So many weapons, and I think he'll be a big beneficiary of our run game opening up things for our pass game.

Defense - Ruff. Thought he was good last year and will really help replace Slayton's presence in the middle of the line.

I think this is a function of ability and opportunity. Going to limit myself to starters, or near starters on both sides of the ball.

On offense, I think the leading rusher will be Moe Neal and the leading receiver Sean Riley. They were the leaders in these areas last year, so I don’t think they can be considered break out players. Don’t really see any RB piling up great numbers because we will probably play 3 or 4. I think Taj Harris will lead the team in receiving yards. I guess he could be considered a break out player but personally, I think he broke out last year. He should have a big season though. I think Sean, Taj, Nakeim and Trishton Jackson are going to dominate the catches this year. The fourth WR in the rotation is open for grabs. It is going to be hard for someone else to break in the rotation unless there is an injury. But looking at who we have playing, there is a need for a big strong, tough guy here. So maybe Hackett, Jordan, Bishop-Thompson or Hendrix can find some PT too. I think Hackett will play a lot but we haven’t thrown it to the TE much so far and I don’t think this is going to change.

Alexander is going to start and I think will do well. But this is pretty much expected. In terms of a breakout player, I will go with Dakota Davis, who I think he going to do well at OG, especially run blocking.

On defense, I think Trill is going to end up all conference. He is a huge talent. Not sure he qualifies after that special frosh season.

The opportunity for new players is at the linebacker position. Armstrong got a lot of PT last year and is going to be an important part of the defense. I like how he has added so much muscle since last year. I think probably Juan Wallace and Tyrell Richards will be the other starters and I will say Tyrell if Trill is too established. But definitely a player whose first name begins with a T.

How can you base your offensive pick on anything but offers coming out of HS?

Ive said this for over a year now, I know, but keep an eye on Queeley and Sharod Johnson.

O- Courtney Jackson
D- 1 of or both Lee Kpogba and Mikel Jones. Both talented enough to grasp the opportunity before them.

I can't. Other than the early reports from camp last year that he was looking the part. What's the reason he can't be a breakout player if he stays healthy? All I'm saying is if he lives up to his billing, he'll be a breakout player.

I means that’s how most people seem to judge the potential of a player on the recruiting side. So it’s no different then what others do

love fredrick, but too good for me to say breakout

Jawar is going to be our best frosh on O in a long time. Amazing weapon. Dino will get him touches.
Dakota Davis is a monster with a nasty attitude. Kid talks about burying guys. At 340 pounds he can hold his own.
Lakem Williams is a grown ass man as well. I expect him to see the field.
Melafowu has NFL measurables and the talent to match. He will be hard to keep off the field.
Richards is a Freak athlete who i believe will play a couple of roles for us.
If Hendrix mends he is a special talent. NFL size and speed. Tall strong fast physical. If hes better he will play.

O: N. Johnson - think he surpasses Sean Riley in production if he sures up his hands. He’s a hardworking kid who came here to build on Dino’s culture. We all were impressed by his signing interview. Now’s his time.

D: I’m torn between Black and Clarke. Black I think we’re all realizing is half Grizzly Bear half Mack Truck. I wonder if we’ve underestimated him and Ruff greatly in their readiness to help alleviate the loss of Chris slayton.

Clarke’s faced some self inflicted adversity and now has a shot to earn that opportunity he was ready to beg for in recruitment. He’s a notorious hard hitter and may impress whenever Foster needs a breather. Has some serious competition with Jonas though, as well as a monster strong looking Coley.
I thought Johnson’s hands were great. Barely remember him missing any balls thrown at him. He will be huge this year. I also think Ruff will breakout as I have said 10x before. I like black a lot but Ruff was killing people at end of year. Supper explosive kid and at dline first step and first hands win most times.

O: I think Jackson has a big year
D: Richards. They've got a way to get him on the field. He's a playmaker.
Hopefully at linebacker as he has great speed but can hit like a brick shihtouse. Yes I misspelled that on purpose. Would love for him to be a starter next three years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom