Your best regular season win... | Syracusefan.com

Your best regular season win...

gilardino

Starter
February 1, 2003 vs Pitt in the dome. A Pitt win and they would have been ranked #1.(Arizona lost)

This win was after the RU loss and JB sat down Melo, g-mac and Billy and told them play as a team and we can win it all. Play like an A$$ and its NIT. Team responded and we had like 5 court stormings.

That win set the tone for April 7, 2003

Pitt 2003 was incredible.

2010 Nova - that was a really fun day.

2014 Duke. The hype for that game was unbelievable. And it lived up to the hype. I actually thought at one point in OT I was having a stroke because I cheered so hard my entire field of vision went black. I sat down and was fine in a few seconds.

Dark horse - 2012 UConn at home. Close game and then we just destroyed them.

1998 vs IU in Maui. We were gonna be so sick that year.

1999 @#1 and future National Champ Uconn

2000 Home vs UConn

2003 @ Michigan State

2004 @ Pitt a few weeks after they destroyed us at home.

2005 vs Mississippi State and Memphis in back to back days. I KNEW we were going to the Final Four that year.

2007 vs Georgetown

2008 vs Georgetown

2009 vs UF and vs Kansas

2010 vs UNC

2012 @ Louiville

2013 @ #1 and future National Champ* Louisville

2014 vs Duke

2015 vs Louisville

2016 @ Duke

But really for me the discussion begins and ends with Pittsburgh on 2/1/03. I'll never forget that night for as long as I live and it sucks that I haven't seen a copy of that game in its entirety since I saw it live in person.

Hard to pick all time but this years Georgetown game is up there because their 'unbeaten' team off that ridiculously soft cupcake schedule played amazing and like world beaters yet still lost at home. We didn't play well but hung in there and smacked them in the mouth at the end. Was nice to have a season not get derailed early by old Big East foes.

For me and I had season tickets from 88-96, and then I was 26 and went to every game in 2003 after graduating culinary school and working at La’Dour Francaise. 2003 Pitt @ home absolutely sticks out, but when I was young and growing going to games. Living in Binghamton and driving to the games with my dad and driving home listening to the post game show with Dave Logan. Here are a few games that I will always remember...

‘89 and ‘90 Gtown games at home! Sherm OT reverse slam! JT getting thrown out and Sam “Stupid” Jefferson foiling Billy!

I really enjoyed DC getting payback at Michigan after the previous year losing at UM

My cousin went to SU and I stayed the weekend with him when we beat Kentucky (first time I ever got drunk!)

There is just so many I could go on and on! These are just the home games to! I could make a whole seperate list of away games and a seperate list for neutral site games, and then another list for Tournament games!!

Go Orange!! I bleed orange!!

Houston, 1982. SU beat #9 Houston 92-87 on 26 pts by Red Bruin and 22 by Erich Santifer. This was a Houston team that had Jr. Clyde Drexler and So. Akeem Olajuwon.

Houston finished the year 31-3, losing the NCAAT title game at the buzzer to NC St on the last second dunk by Lorenzo Charles (RIP).

Houston, 1982. SU beat #9 Houston 92-87 on 26 pts by Red Bruin and 22 by Erich Santifer. This was a Houston team that had Jr. Clyde Drexler and So. Akeem Olajuwon.

Houston finished the year 31-3, losing the NCAAT title game at the buzzer to NC St on the last second dunk by Lorenzo Charles (RIP).

Good one. That was about a year before my time. I vaguely remember the 3 OT win on the Rautins tip in, but most of my memories start from 1983 on.

1994 UConn at the Dome, gun to my head.

A close second: like a hundred other awesome wins. Georgetown in 2012 when Kris Joseph got into a rhythm comes to mind immediately. Nova in 2010 was so much fun, but kind of stressful all day long and for the first 5 minutes or so. UConn in 2000 was ridiculous. Kentucky in 1994...I liked that team. At Arizona in '96, Arizona at home the year before. The mid-'90s were a lot of fun with low expectations but strong offensive teams.

2005 vs Mississippi State and Memphis in back to back days. I KNEW we were going to the Final Four that year.

Yes! One of those (the second, I think) was the night of the Pistons/Pacers brawl. What a fun basketball night. And it cemented my belief that SU would be cutting down the nets in St. Louis.

Yes! One of those (the second, I think) was the night of the Pistons/Pacers brawl. What a fun basketball night. And it cemented my belief that SU would be cutting down the nets in St. Louis.

LOOOOOOL yes the Malice in the Palace was the same night as the Memphis game, November 19 2004

LOOOOOOL yes the Malice in the Palace was the same night as the Memphis game, November 19 2004

I watched this while traveling for the Mohegan Sun Classic (a now defunct holiday hoops tournament in Connecticut) at the hotel where all four teams were staying. I'll never forget it, everybody's doors were open and everybody was watching ESPN losing its mind over the Palace story. SU highlights were getting no play, and I was hoping to rub it in my roommates face, because he'd been high school buddies with Darius Washington.

1998 vs IU in Maui. We were gonna be so sick that year.

1999 @#1 and future National Champ Uconn

2000 Home vs UConn

2003 @ Michigan State

2004 @ Pitt a few weeks after they destroyed us at home.

2007 vs Georgetown

2008 vs Georgetown

2009 vs UF and vs Kansas

2010 vs UNC

2012 @ Louiville

2013 @ #1 and future National Champ* Louisville

2014 vs Duke

2015 vs Louisville

2016 @ Duke

But really for me the discussion begins and ends with Pittsburgh on 2/1/03. I'll never forget that night for as long as I live and it sucks that I haven't seen a copy of that game in its entirety since I saw it live in person.

I have the same list. Those 2012-13 wins against Louisville are my favorite outside of the Pitt game. We always struggled with Pitino and to beat them back to back years showed what kind of teams we had those years. They made the FF in 12 and won it all in 13. Sucks we couldn't get one title in that period.

it sucks that I haven't seen a copy of that game in its entirety since I saw it live in person.

Same here. Lots of complete SU games are on YouTube, but only McNeil's tip-in from this game is on there. Someone on this board has to have this game on VHS, which can be digitally converted.

Same here. Lots of complete SU games are on YouTube, but only McNeil's tip-in from this game is on there. Someone on this board has to have this game on VHS, which can be digitally converted.

I just went on YouTube and they have a random game @ Miami (we won tho!) from 2014 but no one has the arguably defining game from the regular season of the championship year.

One of the things that made that game so great was the 9pm tip. Long day of drinking juiced up the crowd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom