Your Ideal TBT lineup | Syracusefan.com

Your Ideal TBT lineup

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Having watched today, who’s your 5 and first man off the bench? Eligibility rules apply.

Devo
Triche
Bj Johnson
Hakim Warrick
Rakeem Christmas

Gbinije

There can be room for only one potential blackhole, and sorry Jordan I choose Eric.

Triche and Bj bring timely scoring and toughness. Hak’s post scoring is still great and I’m not ready to let go of my childhood. Rak is the hero we deserve.

I choose Gbinije over White off the bench. Great shooter, better driver, passer and defender. Gbinije just becomes too passive when he’s not complemented by another high IQ guard

Adrian Autry Jr
Braedon Bayer
Nolan Hart
Ross DiLiegro
Shaun Belbey

Because we have so many players in the NBA. You asked for ideal, not realistic...

I would have loved to have rak on this team we got killed on the boards. And as someone mentioned in another thread we really missed cj.

Was thinking of an all star group from teams who have upset us in early season non conference. Earl Boykins can coach.

Would be funny to see Sweetney, Blair, Hazell, Scottie Reynolds and AJ Price walk out

Guards - Devendorf and Triche
Forwards - Gbinije, White, Johnson, Warrick, McCullough
Center - Riley

Ennis
Devendorf
Triche
Gbinije
Nichols
BJ Johnson
Wes Johnson
Warrick
McCullough
Christmas

To answer your exact question

5 - Rak
4 - McCullough
3 - White
2 - Triche
1 - Ennis

6th man - BJ

I did not include DNic because his foot was sore this year and I’m not sure he’d be into this type of game again.

Starting 5: Ennis, Triche, Melo, McCullough, Rak
6th man: Silent G

Bonus to your question...
Bench: BJ, Devo, Hak, AW3

Last edited:
Next year I don't think we need centers that can only play center. I would take guys like Hak and CMac that are probably versatile enough to play the 4 and slide to the 5 if necessary. We've had true centers for a few years and I don't feel like we are able to utilize them well in this format.

We need energy guys, guys who can get up and down the court (especially who can get back on D) and guys who can shoot.

And, I know this is blasphemy, but please no zone!! Guys aren't committed enough to the rotations to play it well against opponents that can shoot at most positions.

Triche
Devo
Ennis
Gillon
Rautins / BJ
Gbinije / BJ
DNic / BJ
BJ / Harris (be nice to have someone that would hit the glass)
Hak
Rak
CMac

Last edited:
Triche
Rautins
Fair
Hak
Rak

Gbinje
BJ
Gillon
CMac
DNic

I'm sorry but we need to move on from Andrew White and any one skill set pony. Versatile scorers who can get buckets and big guys who can pick and pop or get their own off the glass, and people who share the ball.

I'm sorry but we need to move on from Andrew White and any one skill set pony. Versatile scorers who can get buckets and big guys who can pick and pop or get their own off the glass, and people who share the ball.

You described almost the whole team. Not sure why you only mention White.

You described almost the whole team. Not sure why you only mention White.

Because he seems super one dimensional at times and when his shot isn’t dropping we need more than he can give.

Because he seems super one dimensional at times and when his shot isn’t dropping we need more than he can give.

You’d be surprised to see he was one of our best rebounders the last 2 games, led the team in steals today and I think assists. Not that he got a lot but others got squat. And you need the 3 in this tournament. I’d love to have him and DNic sharing the 3 spot.

Adrian Autry Jr
Braedon Bayer
Nolan Hart
Ross DiLiegro
Shaun Belbey

Because we have so many players in the NBA. You asked for ideal, not realistic...

The below BA roster would no doubt take home the $2mil:

Coach:
  • Tony Bland

Starters:
  • James Thues
  • Louie McCroskey
  • Greg Davis
  • Mark Konecny
  • Devin Brennan-McBride
6th Man:
  • Mike Jones
Bench:
  • Ethan Cole
  • Ron Patterson
  • Dayshawn Wright
  • Mookie Jones
  • Sean Williams

Having watched today, who’s your 5 and first man off the bench? Eligibility rules apply.

Devo
Triche
Bj Johnson
Hakim Warrick
Rakeem Christmas

Gbinije

There can be room for only one potential blackhole, and sorry Jordan I choose Eric.

Triche and Bj bring timely scoring and toughness. Hak’s post scoring is still great and I’m not ready to let go of my childhood. Rak is the hero we deserve.

I choose Gbinije over White off the bench. Great shooter, better driver, passer and defender. Gbinije just becomes too passive when he’s not complemented by another high IQ guard

Triche
Rautins
Gbinije
McCullough
Christmas

PG) Billy Celuck
SG) Craig Forth
SF) Sean Williams
PF) Ron Patterson
C) Kaleb Joseph

Highly skilled lineup. Shooters across the court and high-flying athletes.

The below BA roster would no doubt take home the $2mil:

Coach:
  • Tony Bland
Starters:
  • James Thues
  • Louie McCroskey
  • Greg Davis
  • Mark Konecny
  • Devin Brennan-McBride
6th Man:
  • Mike Jones
Bench:
  • Ethan Cole
  • Ron Patterson
  • Dayshawn Wright
  • Mookie Jones
  • Sean Williams
If Mookie was a starter and played 36 minutes, how many shots would he hoist up? He would have loved to play with the old Loyola Marymount team.

Triche
Rautins
Gbinije
McCullough
Christmas

Rautins would be so fun to watch back in orange.

I got so excited when G hit his second three today and was sure him and Bj would play off each other and get hot. Then we got more crawford and John had a bad game unfortunately. Sigh.

Its really hard to pick a team for this kind of tournament. I thought Gbinije would be great in this setting, and he wasn't. I don't think size and traditional centers do you much good. I'd maybe have one for the bench, but probably have none. I'd want 5 shooters on the court at all times. I think this year's team missed Triche a lot. I'd also play man to man. Zone is great when you have the time to learn where you are suppose to be in it, and its less great when its done on the fly. I'd simplify both O and D as much as possible.

Triche
Devendorf
Rautins
White
McCullough

I'd take Ennis in a heartbeat if he wanted to do it.

Rautins would be so fun to watch back in orange.

I got so excited when G hit his second three today and was sure him and Bj would play off each other and get hot. Then we got more crawford and John had a bad game unfortunately. Sigh.

This type of tournament necessitates a playmaking lead guard who excels at facilitating, and is consistent in that regard. Our team has lacked that kind of player -- too much one-on-one.

Just hit me that nobody has mentioned Battle. Doubt he would do it next year, but he'd be really interesting to watch in this format down the road.

The 5-10 minutes I watched he seemed like the only legit decent player

This type of tournament necessitates a playmaking lead guard who excels at facilitating, and is consistent in that regard. Our team has lacked that kind of player -- too much one-on-one.
Dare I say...

Scoop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom