Your next Yankee SS: Didi Gregorius | Syracusefan.com

Your next Yankee SS: Didi Gregorius

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees have acquired shortstop Didi Gregorius from the Diamondbacks.

It's part of a three-team deal with the Tigers. According to various reports, the Tigers will get Shane Greene from the Yankees in the deal while two pitchers (likely including Robbie Ray) will head to Arizona from Detroit. No official announcement has been made regarding the trade, but it appears that the Yankees have secured their replacement for Derek Jeter.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...to_trade_for_diamondbacks_didi_gregorius.html

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees have acquired shortstop Didi Gregorius from the Diamondbacks.

It's part of a three-team deal with the Tigers. According to various reports, the Tigers will get Shane Greene from the Yankees in the deal while two pitchers (likely including Robbie Ray) will head to Arizona from Detroit. No official announcement has been made regarding the trade, but it appears that the Yankees have secured their replacement for Derek Jeter.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...to_trade_for_diamondbacks_didi_gregorius.html
nice pickup! maybe a stop gap till Yoan Moncada

They sign big for a setup pitcher and let go of a young promising starter in Shane Greene So they get a good field no bat SS. They already have that in Brandon Ryan It might have been better to sign Drew in the short and long run. If they wanted to get rid of a pitcher in exchane of this kind of SS,I might have chosen Phelps but they acquiesced to the demands of the traders in evolved and the Tigers get Greene.

They sign big for a setup pitcher and let go of a young promising starter in Shane Greene So they get a good field no bat SS. They already have that in Brandon Ryan It might have been better to sign Drew in the short and long run. If they wanted to get rid of a pitcher in exchane of this kind of SS,I might have chosen Phelps but they acquiesced to the demands of the traders in evolved and the Tigers get Greene.
Green may have pitched better than his numbers and Didi may have hit worse than his. He was one of 34 players in mlb to have 20% or above of his hits in the "hard hit ball" category. Seems he just hit to the power alley's alot and made outs. As a lefty hitting in Yankee Stadium you have to figure his numbers will go up a little. Besides, aren't you excited to hear Sterling's "Didi? Didi? Yes he did!" every time he hits one out?

What??
th

I like the move. Young, excellent glove and a developing bat with upside. The price (Greene) was right and his salary is minimal at this point.

I go the other way on that. I think they sold high on him.

Well considering the Mets called last year and asked about Didi, and were met with a Syndergaard or no trade, I'm good with the trade. Although I do wonder what it does to the Yanks pursuit of Moncada. although he was probably not going to start the year in the majors anyhow. Greene was good, I wasnt too high on him pre AAA, but started to put it together. They still have Phelps, Mitchell, Warren and Whitley, and possibly Banuelos

Last edited:
Gregorius is a premium defensive SS. Arm strength to make all of the plays w/ soft hands and accuracy.

Scouts were very high on him in the Fall League a couple years ago b/c of this.

Bat is a bit of a question mark. The hard % is a misleading category. He is a better hitter then what he showed, but he is more of a .260-.270 type hitter w/ doubles power.

He is a strong return for Greene. By making this trade, the DBacks have evaluated him as more of a utility IF type that can play SS. Think they sold low on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom