Your Official SU-FSU Game Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-FSU Game Thread

What is the lowdown on NC State? I know they have a stud freshman, and just beat Duke.

Honestly Wisconsin and South Carolina are probablyt better than us. BC isn't a slouch this year and Bowman went off. If we don't fal asleep for 8 minutes vs. UConn we win that game. Losign @ND or @UNC isn't embarrassing. The only real head scratcher was St. John's. I do think we'd beat UConn if we played them today.
Agree. I might add Georgetown to the list as well.

He went on for about 2-3 minutes on how bad Roberson was in the second half at everything else on top of FT shooting.
He didn't say that. He said he didn't play like he did in the first, and couldn't get anything from 8-10 feet. Both statements were true. Neither were slanderous.

He didn't say that. He said he didn't play like he did in the first, and couldn't get anything from 8-10 feet. Both statements were true. Neither were slanderous.
I think it's obvious that Roberson at 6-8 can't score inside against NBA size in a one on one. Didn't really think it needed to he pointed out to the extent it was.

Agree to disagree.

I love, love Robey. He may not have the scoring prowess right now, but he definitely makes a handful of huge plays every game. He is obviously very needed or he wouldn't be playing.

Love that kid.

And he just keeps quiet

I love, love Robey. He may not have the scoring prowess right now, but he definitely makes a handful of huge plays every game. He is obviously very needed or he wouldn't be playing.

Love that kid.

And he just keeps quiet
I love him, too, but i think he leads the nation in catching in the paint and then dribbling out. We have forwards, but no "power." I'm just glad he's back in the rotation, and gets a chance to play through some 'lapses.'

image.jpg
I think it moved

I expected JB to rip Roberson FT shooting but geez...
I love Robey! I route for him so hard and when he's playing well my heart soars. When he's not I feel so badly for him cause his mistakes get in his head and stay there... You have to have a short memory out there. But here's the thing. Having him in the offensive rotation allows the defense to play off him and double others because he is not an offensive threat and everyone knows it. Robey seems so anxious to get rid of the ball immediately as if it were a hot potatoe. He must must must attempt to take his guy into paint and score even if he fails/ even if he's rejected . Short range jumpers are a must too! We can't go on conceding only having 4 offensive threats. He needs to be encouraged and trusted as I believe with the right mindset he's totally capable. Go Robey! You can do this!

I love Robey! I route for him so hard and when he's playing well my heart soars. When he's not I feel so badly for him cause his mistakes get in his head and stay there... You have to have a short memory out there. But here's the thing. Having him in the offensive rotation allows the defense to play off him and double others because he is not an offensive threat and everyone knows it. Robey seems so anxious to get rid of the ball immediately as if it were a hot potatoe. He must must must attempt to take his guy into paint and score even if he fails/ even if he's rejected . Short range jumpers are a must too! We can't go on conceding only having 4 offensive threats. He needs to be encouraged and trusted as I believe with the right mindset he's totally capable. Go Robey! You can do this!
Root

In the first half Robey was solid offensively. But I have to imagine that he's worried if he tries to do much on offense, JB will take him out.

In the first half Robey was solid offensively. But I have to imagine that he's worried if he tries to do much on offense, JB will take him out.
And that's a shame and gotta be changed. JB doesn't have the options/ depth to pull him like he did in past. Robey has nothing to lose at this point... We just have to be well rounded on Offense. Watching the Kentucky-Kansas game was an eye opener and reminder to me how really good teams play super aggressively like hungry junkyard dogs and we are starting take on that demeanor and need Robey now more then ever.

Couldn't agree more with this

Amazing how bad thompson is on d

I haven't seen much improvement... So far

and you won't no matter how long he stays with Cuse's alleged big man coach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online