Your Song of the Day | Syracusefan.com

Your Song of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateW

Living Legend
What’s your song of the day?

I’ve made a commitment to myself to listen to and discover new music everyday.

In the spirit of that I want to start a thread where ppl share a band or one tune that is putting them in a good mood that day (or whenever.). The one you keep finding yourself humming or outright singing as you go through your day! Any song, band, genre, vintage will do!

So what’s your song of the day?

Can’t stop singing this one today!

Last edited:
One of my all time favorite sabbath tunes.
I haven’t listened to much Sabbath in my life. Definitely had heard that song before but it never really stuck as much until I heard this gentleman sing it.

But the great thing about my concerted effort to find new music is that I listened to Sabbath for a solid hour straight at work today. Loved it!

The Canadian Johnny Cash...

Colter Wall - this song is killer. He has a ton more. This one had me toe tappin’ in my office today.

I recently rediscovered this song which was my favorite song for awhile back when it came out(07 or so), but over time kinda forgot about it. Related so hard to this one. Would be widely considered one of the best rap songs ever if a more well known artist made it, IMO. Loved Median, so underrated. And the beat(made by 9th Wonder) is flat out beautiful IMO. Been playing this one non stop all over again lately. “Trying to get my moms out the factory job, arthritis in her hands be making her wrists throb, but she got a car note and a mortgage to pay, so even if I get high I grind every day plus hustle to them classes trying to make good grades”...smh. So good.

This was last weekend’s jam... my wife, our friends, and I must have listened to this album 6 or 7 times in a day. Lol.

Leon Bridges is just what I’ve been looking for in a newer artist. I’m sure I’ll be posting plenty of him as this thread grows.

Serious shredding
Legendary. One of the guitarists in the MC5 prior. This band couldn't even get a record deal. Fred was also Patti Smith's husband. Died way too young in 1994.

Crazy... yeah I went hunting for more on Apple Music. No dice.
SRB's stuff is all over YouTube, although a most of it is of poor quality. This is a pretty good live recording of their opus, "City Slang."

This thread is going to end up being a disaster....a beautiful disaster, or something else, who knows.

I only listen to rap, and stuff rentals play off their Spotify playlists when they stop over, so I'll veer away from rap for this thread:

In light of Kobe’s passing, its only right that I throw out the greatest basketball player cameo rap on an R&B song ever:

No comment, well, other than, that looks like how every game of hoops I've ever played goes at the end. The female referee dance crew - all of it. Nothing like pouring some water over your head at the end of a tight game - Aquafina, all day for that.

Seen this band play live 3ish times at The Ransom Steele Tavern in Apalachin... A local oasis for live music. These guys are from the North Country tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors