Zach Allen 'extremely excited' about up-tempo Orange offense | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen 'extremely excited' about up-tempo Orange offense

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Screen-Shot-2012-09-18-at-11.24.28-AM.png

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb.../syracuse_football_zach_allen_recruiting.html

He's fantastic. Love the kid's attitude. And if he can bring us some big O Lineman from Texas, it'll be even more incredible.

I hate projecting into the future unreal expectations, but in my perfect world, Allen at QB and Broyld being the Reggie Bush / Percy Harvin type back is my dream with Qunita Funderburk dominating at WR.

I hate projecting into the future unreal expectations, but in my perfect world, Allen at QB and Broyld being the Reggie Bush / Percy Harvin type back is my dream with Qunita Funderburk dominating at WR.

Broyld is NOT THAT FAST. He's a good athlete with vision, size, and the ability to make people miss. What he isn't is burner.

Smith could be the "burner" :)

Some nice weapons for next year...

Allen
Morris
Broyld
Funderburk
Smith (I hope)
Thompson

Single back set with Morris back there. Thompson at TE. 3 Wide set with Broyld, Funderburk and Smith

Allen
Morris
Broyld
Funderburk
Smith (I hope)
Thompson
You forgot West, who is improving visibly every game. Same for PTG. And Flemming / Foster have yet to show what they can do.

Broyld is NOT THAT FAST. He's a good athlete with vision, size, and the ability to make people miss. What he isn't is burner.
Define "not that fast" please. 4.5 -4.6??

He looks pretty fast to me, maybe not Kobena fast but he appears faster than backs like DC3 and Smith.

If these commits stick, we have 2 potentially very good QB's coming in. That is awesome and to get one from Texas makes it even better.

You forgot West, who is improving visibly every game. Same for PTG. And Flemming / Foster have yet to show what they can do.

What about Kobena? He has some eligibility left, no?

And what's the deal with Funderburk? Is he going to have two years of eligibility?

What about Kobena? He has some eligibility left, no?
He's chopped liver. :D

Glad to see that we have enough good guys that it's easy to forget multiples! That WR group next year should be entering and leaving in waves.

Allen
Morris
Broyld
Funderburk
Smith (I hope)
Thompson

Single back set with Morris back there. Thompson at TE. 3 Wide set with Broyld, Funderburk and Smith
wow

If Allen is starting next year, he definitely will as a Sophomore. The kid is that good.

Allen
Morris
Broyld
Funderburk
Smith (I hope)
Thompson

is this smith you are talking about corey the juco?

do we have a legit shot? i havent heard much about him.

Do people really think Allen steps in and starts from day 1?

is this smith you are talking about corey the juco?

do we have a legit shot? i havent heard much about him.
I think he's talking about RB Laray Smith from Brooklyn who is undecided right now.

I don't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Allen
Morris
Broyld
Funderburk
Smith (I hope)
Thompson

How about Jerome Smith, Adonis Ameen-Moore, Christopher Clark, Gus Edwards & Tyler Provo?

I think he has a legit shot, especially since he's coming in the spring. If the offense is very similar to what he's running then the learning curved is flatter than most.

I think he has a legit shot, especially since he's coming in the spring. If the offense is very similar to what he's running then the learning curved is flatter than most.

I said it earlier in the year during spring ball, and got crucified, But I've heard from numerous sources that Loeb is going to have the reigns his senior camping.

I said it earlier in the year during spring ball, and got crucified, But I've heard from numerous sources that Loeb is going to have the reigns his senior camping.

im with you jack.

and in no way is that an insult to Zach.

I do think people are getting a little caught up with the 'elite 11', and am hesitant to think it means that much - especially because he didnt make the elite 11.

again, not an insult. But he isnt a Matt Barkley or Braxton Miller.

Define "not that fast" please. 4.5 -4.6??

He looks pretty fast to me, maybe not Kobena fast but he appears faster than backs like DC3 and Smith.

He certaintly isn't Percy Harvin or Reggie Bush, which was the comparison. I doubt he's faster than Smith. Watch the replays on Smiths off tackle runs and let me know if he's faster.