Zach Allen LOI in...happy with scheme and Shafer! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen LOI in...happy with scheme and Shafer!

...many of the same plays that are in a playbook you've already used yourself or coached with... we didn't not invent the up-tempo spread offense... in fact lots of teams run versions of it and many coaches have implemented versions of it. I don't think we we can assume or expect the playbook will be exactly the same... we'll have a new QB for goodness sake.

General style the same - up-tempo spread... playbook morphed for the new QB and with the OC's stamp...

Nothing wrong with that... to be expected...

Please don't use the word spread in your posts with that sig gif.:bat:

Steve Infanti just confirmed that Allen signed a scholarship offer. Allen was interviewed and said TCU & Oklahoma State pursued him the hardest this week but he trusts Shafer when he said we will continue to run the same up tempo offense. Clemson also pursued him after Marrone left for the Bills.

Steve Infanti just confirmed that Allen signed a scholarship offer. Allen was interviewed and said TCU & Oklahoma State pursued him the hardest this week but he trusts Shafer when he said we will continue to run the same up tempo offense. Clemson also pursued him after Marrone left for the Bills.
Hate Clemson, my new arch nemesis

5 is available, but 12 was his number. 5, interestingly, was Austin Wilson's number in high school.

Or do they give it to Ashton?

But there is no early signing period for early HS enrollees, right? I thought that early enrollees just enroll, start classes, then submit their official LOI first week of February.
Spring enrollees can sign before February.

I thought I read last night that he was gone. It was done with such conviction and certainty that I thought it was a done deal.

No LOI in this recruitment, when he attends his 1st class that has the same effect as a LOI.

There has been a lot of confusion on this issue.

I thought I read last night that he was gone. It was done with such conviction and certainty that I thought it was a done deal.

No that was Gus Edwards and Laray Smith.

I don't know what it is but after reading one of your smug as hell posts, I almost want to root against Syracuse.

No that was Gus Edwards and Laray Smith.

I don't know what it is but after reading one of your smug as hell posts, I almost want to root against Syracuse.

No, Allen, Wilson and Provo were in that group to. The whole class was on the way to disappearing.

Will there be some attrition, wouldn't surprise me in the least. And Shafer has the right attitude about that.

I'm curious to see if some hs players were not too keen on Marrone but loved Shafer? I'm sure it's possible that some kids may change their commitment to SU but maybe some might now give us a second look as well.

I'm curious to see if some hs players were not too keen on Marrone but loved Shafer? I'm sure it's possible that some kids may change their commitment to SU but maybe some might now give us a second look as well.

Good cop / bad cop.

I wonder if we get a new system and new language if ZA has a chance to start from day 1 now. I would guess that since everyone is starting on the same level if it is an outside hire that the player with the most talent will rise to the top. So I would guess he would have a great chance to start from day 1.

In addition, Malik Brown likes Scott Shafer but he's still doing an official visit to Tennessee now.

Provo has said he's still on board if Hackett is here. He's had no comments since Hackett was announced for Buffalo.

There is some humor that in this ‘lightly’ regarded class which some are underwhelmed about – we have:

Augustus Edwards now visiting Florida State, Miami and Rutgers

Laray Smith visited Tennessee

Malik Brown visiting Tennessee

Zach Allen with late offers from Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Clemson and a push from Texas

Trevon Trejo with a visit and offer from Michigan State

Devan Carter gets an offer from Rutgers and will now visit there officially

Tyler Provo is getting some heat from other schools.

There’s a lot of quality in this class and as we’ve become accustomed to, BCS programs come knocking on the door of our kids.

Seems like just yesterday we were battling Akron, Buffalo and Richmond.

I wonder if we get a new system and new language if ZA has a chance to start from day 1 now. I would guess that since everyone is starting on the same level if it is an outside hire that the player with the most talent will rise to the top. So I would guess he would have a great chance to start from day 1.
I wonder how Zach is doing on the mono front and how much that will put him behind vs coming in early and getting on the weights etc.?

This is typically not a highly successful recruiting tactic.
LOL...ya think??

Edit: I was thinking how that might play out.

Good coach: We believe that you're right for SU and we promise open competition at your position.

HS player: Well Coach X (Bad Coach) told me I'd have to redshirt and that I'm lucky that SU was
even making me an offer.

Good coach: Oh no no, Coach X must be confused. You're really high on our priority list.

HS player: Sign me up.