Zach Allen to TCU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen to TCU

He will play behind Pachall and Boykin for the remainder of his career. So sad.
Pachall will be gone after this year assuming he is allowed back. No guarantees that Boykin will play in the future as Matthews redshirted last year and was the #6 rated QB by Rivals. So when Allen redshirts, he still should have at least one year as the starter unless he gets jumped by a 2014 QB. The other factor you are leaving out are potential injuries which can allow him to play earlier. For example, TCU used 3 different QBs this year. Not to mention, if he develops quickly, TCU is not afraid of using multiple QBs or making him the starter. At the end of the day, players shouldn't be afraid of competition.

Pachall will be gone after this year assuming he is allowed back. No guarantees that Boykin will play in the future as Matthews redshirted last year and was the #6 rated QB by Rivals. So when Allen redshirts, he still should have at least one year as the starter unless he gets jumped by a 2014 QB. The other factor you are leaving out are potential injuries which can allow him to play earlier. For example, TCU used 3 different QBs this year. Not to mention, if he develops quickly, TCU is not afraid of using multiple QBs or making him the starter. At the end of the day, players shouldn't be afraid of competition.
The bottom line:

He would be virtually assured of the starting position at Syracuse THIS FALL.

Now, his odds are long at starting for at least 2 or 3 years, if at all.

TCU fans don't even care about him.. sometimes QBs could be good in spite of their rating (Nassib) but you have to play in order to get better. Remember happy feet? Oh well, the way I see it is that this opens up a scholarship and Allen had Mono, so it's not like he would have played the first year.

The bottom line:

It would be a mistake for him to start anywhere this year. He only weighs 185 lbs. He needs to bulk up or he would seriously risk getting hurt. If the cupboard is really that bare at QB at Syracuse, that has got to be frustrating as a fan. One would think you would be going after some JUCO QBs under those circumstances.

The bottom line:

He's an 18 year old kid who has had his fanny kissed for months. He probably believes he can walk into TCU and start next year as well. You are thinking like a rational adult and not like a kid!

It would be a mistake for him to start anywhere this year. He only weighs 185 lbs. He needs to bulk up or he would seriously risk getting hurt. If the cupboard is really that bare at QB at Syracuse, that has got to be frustrating as a fan. One would think you would be going after some JUCO QBs under those circumstances.

The cupboard is not anywhere near bare, the people think this kid is the messiah cause he is from Texas and has some hype. It is always best to red-shirt most freshman.

FSU had a top 20 class the past 2 years and maybe 4 players saw the field and mostly on special teams. Everybody else, no matter how high they were ranked got red-shirted.

He's an 18 year old kid who has had his fanny kissed for months. He probably believes he can walk into TCU and start next year as well. You are thinking like a rational adult and not like a kid!
That's right, & he will learn the hard way...

We have QBs on the roster and at least one (hopefully) coming (Austin Wilson). Time to move on.

We haven't exactly grabbed good QB's in the past decade. It's been very dry at that position. It took nearly 4 years to develop Ryan Nassib, although it worked out well.

We haven't exactly grabbed good QB's in the past decade. It's been very dry at that position. It took nearly 4 years to develop Ryan Nassib, although it worked out well.

Nassib threw 22 TD's and led us to a bowl win as a sophomore. Obviously he was way better as a senior, but he did some good things throughout his years as a starter.

Nassib threw 22 TD's and led us to a bowl win as a sophomore. Obviously he was way better as a senior, but he did some good things throughout his years as a starter.
The defense carried that 2010 team, as Nassib was less than stellar. he did well in the Bowl game that year because K-State didn't believe in defense.

The defense carried that 2010 team, as Nassib was less than stellar. he did well in the Bowl game that year because K-State didn't believe in defense.

He had his moments. 98 yard TD drive to beat USF on the road. Lit up WVU at the Dome in 2011. He had a good career. He improved, but he also had a better system and better WR's this year.

I usually don't like saying anything negative about recruits and have refrained from posting about Zach because so many on this Board were so high on his recruitmentand excited about getting a recruit from Texas. I know folks in the Dallas area that attend all the SouthLake games, so they see a lot of excellent HS football and have kids who play. When Temple played SouthLake this year I specifically asked them for a report on Zach. Well it wasn't what I expected. It was basically a "not very impressive". Then I watched that O/D game. Yikes. But I just chalked it up for what that game was, pretty bad. After that though I can definitely say Zach will not be ready for prime time in 2013.

He is just a kid - who knows what he will become. Life is far too short -I wish him well.

He is just a kid - who knows what he will become. Life is far too short -I wish him well.
I was just reading that Joe Flacco was rated as the #39 ranked QB coming out of HS. Barely played at Pitt and transferred to Delaware. Finally got a chance to play and wowed the scouts postseason and at the combine. Anything is possible. I'm sure Nassib is quite familiar with Flacco's story. Zach Allen could be the next Roger Staubach or the next Jo Jo Starbuck.

Just read that he is still a Syracuse fan - that he will still be rooting for us. This kids heart isn't at TCU. I don't think this will sit well with him long term.

But who knows...

No.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wish him well also. I just think that too many people had unrealistic expectations that he was going to come in and start.