Zach Allen- Wow! | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen- Wow!

Dcuse

All Conference
What an impressive kid for a high school junior. Sounded like a veteran in the NFL on Axe show today.

I spoke with him earlier today as well (full interview up tomorrow) and similar to his Brent Axe interview, he's extremely well spoken. Poised when speaking, no nerves, well mannered, polite, and very intelligent. VERY impressive to listen to him, especially considering he's a high school junior.

What an impressive kid for a high school junior. Sounded like a veteran in the NFL on Axe show today.

Well he is 25 (Redshirted the 8th grade 8 times).

Wait till you meet his wife and kids. :p

I love that we are grabbing a few TX kids...if we could grab 1-2 TX kids a year I think it would help our program...we need a few kids that can be ready to play the first year...I love the NYC kids but some of them need to redshirt.

I love that we are grabbing a few TX kids...if we could grab 1-2 TX kids a year I think it would help our program...we need a few kids that can be ready to play the first year...I love the NYC kids but some of them need to redshirt.
Amen. Good to see recruiting groundwork start to pay off. I never factored Texas into the recruiting picture for this staff. Can't wait to see what they do with more success and more $.

I love it!! I see these kids practicing football year round down here pretty much. The off season weight program is impressive because the difference they make from 8th grade to the end of 9th grade in size is amazing.

Now some of the kids are older than the ones in NY because the age requirements to start is 5 years old by September 1st. Parents tend to keep their kids out until they are 6. Most of the kds in my daughter's Kindergarten class were already 6 or turning 6 when the year 1st started. My daughter turned 5 on the deadline which is September 1 to admit your kid to school.

By the way , Temple is 10 minutes from my house in Georgetown, TX. Hopefully no Big 12 teams (TCU) or new Big East teams(SMU or Houston) sneak in later in the recruitment . I would love to check out a game of his this year. Keep it up Cuse!!

By the way , Temple is 10 minutes from my house in Georgetown, TX. Hopefully no Big 12 teams (TCU) or new Big East teams(SMU or Houston) sneak in later in the recruitment .

So camp outside his house in full SU paraphernalia, blocking any and all schools from entering (except for SU, of course):)

So camp outside his house in full SU paraphernalia, blocking any and all schools from entering (except for SU, of course):)

You do understand this is Texas you are talking about. The only state where a district allowed their teachers to carry concealed weapons if licensed!! The same state where if you are on someone's property causing criminal mischief the owner of the property can inflict deadly force to protect it. I am not going to take that chance. (Castle Doctrine)

I was going to try to prank a fellow co-woker and her kids because they are KU fans. I wanted to spray paint a bed sheet and put it on her yard saying that SU is #1. I was warned by the school SRO(school resource officer) that they could shoot you because the law is very vague. They could state that they were under the impression that I was going to hurt them. He even said that if the neighbor thinks I am going to hurt them also and I go onto their property then they can legally shoot me also under the same Castle Doctrine. By the way I am a Northerner in the south!! I get reminded of that daily at work. ( Don't listen to that Yankee!!-luckily there are joking)

So I think that I will go the game wearing my SU apparrel and hope that he sees there are SU fans everywhere!!

Does he have any WR's on his team that are any good? We should be looking hard at them. Maybe a package deal. With this kid we need to focus on some WR's and fast. We need some play makers.

By the way , Temple is 10 minutes from my house in Georgetown, TX. Hopefully no Big 12 teams (TCU) or new Big East teams(SMU or Houston) sneak in later in the recruitment . I would love to check out a game of his this year. Keep it up Cuse!!
Not too worried about SMU or Houston coming in. TCU either. This kid seems 100% committed.

didnt we have a qb from texas several years ago by the name of macdonald? midland tx. just dusting off my memory---chime in if i,m wrong,sugarland tx maybe???

didnt we have a qb from texas several years ago by the name of macdonald? midland tx. just dusting off my memory---chime in if i,m wrong,sugarland tx maybe???
Mark McDonald...IIRC he was the star of the 1989 Peach Bowl...he was from Spring, TX a suburb of Houston. What I see from TX is the kids we get are usually sleepers, quality ST'ers and career 2nd teamers...I hope this changes with young Zach and he can become a solid starter if not a star.

BTW, I alerted SU about a pair of rising JR recruits in TX (I have a pre-existing relationship with his Dad) who are being recruited by a future BE team...they are very interested in hearing from Cuse.

We also had Joe Fields, who eventually turned into a pretty solid safety. He's now an Academic Coordinator in the Athletic Department at SU.

You do understand this is Texas you are talking about. The only state where a district allowed their teachers to carry concealed weapons if licensed!! The same state where if you are on someone's property causing criminal mischief the owner of the property can inflict deadly force to protect it. I am not going to take that chance. (Castle Doctrine)

I was going to try to prank a fellow co-woker and her kids because they are KU fans. I wanted to spray paint a bed sheet and put it on her yard saying that SU is #1. I was warned by the school SRO(school resource officer) that they could shoot you because the law is very vague. They could state that they were under the impression that I was going to hurt them. He even said that if the neighbor thinks I am going to hurt them also and I go onto their property then they can legally shoot me also under the same Castle Doctrine. By the way I am a Northerner in the south!! I get reminded of that daily at work. ( Don't listen to that Yankee!!-luckily there are joking)

So I think that I will go the game wearing my SU apparrel and hope that he sees there are SU fans everywhere!!
So your saying Texas is the only State that obeys the 2nd Amendment vs What Chuck Schumer Dictate's in NYS

Not too worried about SMU or Houston coming in. TCU either. This kid seems 100% committed.
100% agree.. he doesn't seem like a waffler.

100% agree.. he doesn't seem like a waffler.
If he blows up this year...I fear we could lose him to a Big Time School within 5-6 hours of Temple though...we are safe to anyone save for TX, TAMU, OU, LSU and maybe Baylor/Tech/TCU IMHO.

If he blows up this year...I fear we could lose him to a Big Time School within 5-6 hours of Temple though...we are safe to anyone save for TX, TAMU, OU, LSU and maybe Baylor/Tech/TCU IMHO.

It will help us quite a bit that he will be a January enrollee. We can lock him up before the heavy push will come to flip recruits.

We also had Joe Fields, who eventually turned into a pretty solid safety. He's now an Academic Coordinator in the Athletic Department at SU.

And cannon-armed Doug Womack.( Well, a great runner anyway)

aTm, Texas, OKST, OU all have multiple QB commits ... I would worry more about Baylor, TT, or TCU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom