Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson caused a ton of mistakes by the LSU oline. the issue was LSU had 5 guys that could defeat 1-1 coverage. Most teams dont. Where Clemson broke down is this yr they lacked the guys who could really pressure when they rushed 4 and you wont get home every time rushing 5-6 so you need to mix it up.

glad they didnt do that against us game 1 last yr it would have been really ugly

I think we can have a fairly decent 2 deep with this roster. Obviously, I am not well versed in who will fit best at DE/OLB and the "AZTEC/OTTO" etc.

DEDTDE
BlackBearKingsley
TuazamaElmoreOkechukwu
MortonHarperDawson
LemieuxRondiLowery
Munoz
OLBMLBOLB
TyrellWallaceMikel
LintonKpogbaKinsler
GoulbourneThompson
CBOTTOCB
IffyCantinTrill
StritzLaBrosseCole
GreenwoodTrotterWilliams
SS
CiscoColey
NunnJonas
HannaClarke

I think we can have a fairly decent 2 deep with this roster. Obviously, I am not well versed in who will fit best at DE/OLB and the "AZTEC/OTTO" etc.

DEDTDE
BlackBearKingsley
TuazamaElmoreOkechukwu
MortonHarperDawson
LemieuxRondiLowery
Munoz

OLBMLBOLB
TyrellWallaceMikel
LintonKpogbaKinsler
GoulbourneThompson

CBOTTOCB
IffyCantinTrill
StritzLaBrosseCole
GreenwoodTrotterWilliams

SS
CiscoColey
NunnJonas
HannaClarke

Your front 3 was my guess as well.

Its pressure based. Its attacking gaps fast to make it harder for lineman to react. The movement is gonna cause the guard and center to double. That frees up the MLB to attack the vacant gap. First step can vary depending what nose is doing. Its really a DT because he can line up in a 0,1, 2 or 3 technique. What ever it is they guy has to be able to move. San Diego st's DT this year was 260 pounds. He had 20 solo tackles and 5 sacks.
Ok so he is not reading the centers ft and waiting cause he is gap oriented and gettting there as fast as possible. Makes sense so u might need a Kevin mitchel type guy more than a gecko type is what it sounds like ur saying.

My high school team's OL and DL were almost all wrestlers. The same guy coached both sports and essentially forced the cross training, we won our state championship with a OL that averaged under 200 lbs.

His kids play for the Falcons (first rounder) and BC right now on the OL, although they're a little bigger than we were back in the day...
What 5’10” 170 wet won’t cut it lol.

Remember the objective here is disruption. Running 1 gap out of a 3 down front is taking the gambit that a lineman has lateral range once he's in his assigned gap. I always thought Shafer's D-lines far outperformed their talent and it was largely because this was all he asked of the inside guys: get off the ball and in your gap, make the OL's leverage irrelevant, make a play in space. It's the reason you can blitz the daylights out of the front and still remain gap sound, getting lineman into the gap disrupts the spacing and frees up linebackers to really do damage attacking the front.
No that totally makes sense and it must have been called different with us cause we had our nose was a 2 gap player but he had both a gaps depending on which way lineman or center stepped. That’s my confusion.

Your front 3 was my guess as well.
My one disagreement would be black. He didn’t play with much athleticism at 3 shade so how could he be better and faster at De. I really think Linton starts here and black and Williams rotate at nt. As I have said before they had black 1to 1.5 yds off ball and all he would do is throw hands and tie up with olinemen and not do much else but go backwards. Not even saying it’s his fault because he is that far of ball

Ok so he is not reading the centers ft and waiting cause he is gap oriented and gettting there as fast as possible. Makes sense so u might need a Kevin mitchel type guy more than a gecko type is what it sounds like ur saying.
Yes. I think there is a role for a plugger type too. Maybe its situational.

DEDTDE
BlackBearKingsley
TuazamaElmoreOkechukwu
MortonHarperDawson
LemieuxRondiLowery
Munoz

OLBMLBOLB
TyrellWallaceMikel
LintonKpogbaKinsler
GoulbourneThompson

CBOTTOCB
IffyCantinTrill
StritzLaBrosseCole
GreenwoodTrotterWilliams

SS
CiscoColey
NunnJonas
HannaClarke
I like a lot of this. I would put Jones at MLB and Wallace OLB. Your best defenders need to be in the middle of this scheme and I think he will be. I like what I saw from him this year.

He was a wrestler wasn’t he.

56fa2d36793b49135c786f9d54d123ac.gif

What 5’10” 170 wet won’t cut it lol.
I mean, obviously, but a 6'4" 275lb wrestler would. I'd rather have that than a 6'4" 275lb non-wrestler.

Up and comers:
Zach Arnett
He just took over the defense at Syracuse, but Arnett cut his teeth under Rocky Long at San Diego State, and led some excellent units the last few years.

Not happening people. Nice to see he has a great reputation but they will get a really big name guy like Shoop

They should go after Rocky Long. Would make a ton of sense if he's up for the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom