Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT I only recently learned that the Steelers actually have a mascot, Steely McBeam, when I went to the PA Farm Show last week and saw the butter sculpture with the theme "Tailgating" represented by Swoop, the Eagles' eagle, Steely, and the Flyers' Gritty (whatever he is)
You don’t know who Gritty is?

I think it would be funny to ‘Grittify’ Otto for one game. Maybe the next home game played Halloween weekend.

I assume your are referring to the SDSU roster, but it is also similar to the 49ers DL roster which was very, very dominant yesterday (one guy over 300 and the rest ~285). 49ers best DL man, Bosa, is 255.

Exactly and take a look at their roster. They had one D lineman over 300 pounds. As a matter of fact, just about all of their D lineman are under 270 pounds.

Chaumont
I live in Watertown, my parents live in Brownville. Family owns a diner in Three Mile Bay just outside Chaumont. My father and I both have seasons. I know a few people around with seasons but not many. Need more season ticket holders up this way.

The more I read this post, the more I wonder if this is the first time serendipitously has ever been used on this board.
There was a jeopardy category recently on words Shakespeare used only once. Would be interesting to see the analysis from this site. I don’t think it would be a jejune exercise.

The Syracuse "Snow Squall Defense", it just appears and surrounds you and you can't get out of it ;). Go Orange!!!!!!

Does anyone know the Twitter handle/name for Arnett?

Love the additions to the coaching staff.

Okay, someone has to do it. I am very disappointed. I was expecting Brent Venables.

Dasher the great. Takes one for the team. In a thread without controversy, Dasher steps up for all the abuse a Negative-Nancy should get. Way to go, Dasher! ;)

Seriously, if that is the best one can argue, we gotta love this hire even more. (You need to try harder, Dasher. Though, personally, I loved the Venerables expectation, you went for the grand slam on the first pitch!)

Experienced DC - Check
Young - Check
DC in a great defense - Check
Other schools interested/wayching him - Check
Players watching him/Happy with him - Check
Fans love the choice - Check, Check, Check.

I am excited about this hire. Hope is a good recruiter, too,

These two hires suggest one thing: Babers has a longer leash than many might have suspected. It’s going to take a few years to implement this new defense. So any thought that Babers is going to be removed in a year or two is highly unlikely. Guess is he’ll be given time to work with the new DC and OC. And I do think Arnett, in particular, would be uprooting his family and moving across the country if this was a short-term deal.

Dasher the great. Takes one for the team. In a thread without controversy, Dasher steps up for all the abuse a Negative-Nancy should get. Way to go, Dasher! ;)

Seriously, if that is the best one can argue, we gotta love this hire even more. (You need to try harder, Dasher. Though, personally, I loved the Venerables expectation, you went for the grand slam on the first pitch!)

Experienced DC - Check
Young - Check
DC in a great defense - Check
Other schools interested/wayching him - Check
Players watching him/Happy with him - Check
Fans love the choice - Check, Check, Check.

I am excited about this hire. Hope is a good recruiter, too,
Runs a scheme that relies on players we can actually recruit (long lean fast LB/DE hybrids and Saftey/LB hybrids paired with undersized but agile DTs) instead of relying on unicorn DTs that are 6’5” 325lb with 4.7 forties or unicorn MLBs that are 6’3 240lbs with 4.5 forties

check

These two hires suggest one thing: Babers has a longer leash than many might have suspected. It’s going to take a few years to implement this new defense. So any thought that Babers is going to be removed in a year or two is highly unlikely. Guess is he’ll be given time to work with the new DC and OC. And I do think Arnett, in particular, would be uprooting his family and moving across the country if this was a short-term deal.

Well yeah, he had a 10 win season, a win over a top 2 team, and was rewarded with a big buyout long term contract

the hater list is pretty short, as it should be

Well yeah, he had a 10 win season, a win over a top 2 team, and was rewarded with a big buyout long term contract

the hater list is pretty short, as it should be

Right. My point is he will still be here even if he logs two more losing seasons (that would be 5 in 6 years). That’s rare in today’s coaching world even with a 10-win season in the middle.

Last edited:
Right. My point is he will still be here even if logs two more losing seasons (that would be 5 in 6 years). That’s rare in today’s coaching world even with a 10-win season in the middle.

I guess. I thought your original point was that “many” expected a shorter leash for some reason. I don’t know who these people are, but they are wrong

One recruit that I think will be a good fit in this D is Lemuix. I feel like he’s got the perfect body type for one of the DE positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom