Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been thinking a lot about this hire, and an underrated benefit of hiring Arnett is potential use of this meme whenever the defense screws up.

C83A10FB-7FFD-4410-B241-0E2BCD3F1052.jpeg

There will be no more references to Carrier, or Dome going forward.

the “stadium ranger”.
Well aren’t you no fun. Let’s call it the “Nickel” then

Not yet.

And just a fwiw he is now following Babers, Ferri, Lynch and Lustig.
Please note Lustigs name all for those of you who may have been concerned about his ongoing presence. Nice morning news nugget.

It's not news, it's twitter. ;)

But yes, hopefully that means Babers is staying. :p
Yeah I had seen some posters concerned about Lustigs status with everything going on so figured it worthy of a highlight. News on Twitter is nothing more than a nugget given characters (and occasionally brain) limitations. :)

Based on what I've been reading, Tyrell Richards and Cantin-Arku should be perfect OLB's in this scheme. Heck, Cantin-Arku could even play the Aztec based on his HS video.
Black-Williams-Jonathan would make sense as starting DL. Think some of our light DE's, such as Goulbourne and Kinsler could end up at OLB in this scheme, which could give them a better chance to get on the field quicker.
I also wouldn't be shocked if one of our lighter, faster LB's end up as the Aztec, unless one of the young Safeties step up.

GENTLEMEN, OPEN YOUR EYES.

Dino is obviously bringing in a quality staff around him to make Syracuse and himself relevant again so he can jump ship for a bigger job!! Is no one else seeing this?? Our coach has one foot out the door again, we have to stop this!!

Sorry, I just don’t know how to handle unanimous positivity.
You guys need to up your trolling game:

3rGxGDY.gif

;)

I live in Watertown, my parents live in Brownville. Family owns a diner in Three Mile Bay just outside Chaumont. My father and I both have seasons. I know a few people around with seasons but not many. Need more season ticket holders up this way.
Is it Jack's Diner?

BTW, we have several North Country Folks at the Fine Mess Tailgate. Cuseregular and I both have camps on Pillar Point.

Is it Jack's Diner?

BTW, we have several North Country Folks at the Fine Mess Tailgate. Cuseregular and I both have camps on Pillar Point.
Yes, it’s Jack’s Diner. That’s awesome, I went to General Brown. Have some friends that grew up out on the point.

Yes, it’s Jack’s Diner. That’s awesome, I went to General Brown. Have some friends that grew up out on the point.
We ate there a couple times last summer. Isn't your Grandma from Copenhagen? A poster here went to school with her.

Anybody visiting Cape Vincent-Clayton Area their Diner is really good. Lots of comfort food and great desserts and ice cream

Tell your Dad that you guys need to come down to our huge tailgate at the Fine Lot.

We ate there a couple times last summer. Isn't your Grandma from Copenhagen? A poster here went to school with her.

Anybody visiting Cape Vincent-Clayton Area their Diner is really good. Lots of comfort food and great desserts and ice cream

Tell your Dad that you guys need to come down to our huge tailgate at the Fine Lot.
Appreciate that. Will have to stop by next season.

Who do you think can play the "Aztec" role in the secondary? Cisco?
Don't like Cisco for that role. I run this defense. We call that position the "Adjuster". Its more like a LB with moderate cover skills. We took the defense from St. Xavier in Cincinnati. They wanted to put their best players around the ball each play. That player was Luke Keuchly. Not sure how much he is developing but the player I would put there is Cantin-Arku. He's perfect for it.

So Im thinking when the defense is called out this spring the DL will be Black Williams Kingsley. LB's Richards Jones Wallace S's Cisco Coley CB's Meli Trill. The Adjuster Cantin- Arku. Kpogba will back up a OLB spot but guys that fit there more are Linton Goulbourne Kinsler. I think Lowery fits more at the 5 tech.

Don't like Cisco for that role. I run this defense. We call that position the "Adjuster". Its more like a LB with moderate cover skills. We took the defense from St. Xavier in Cincinnati. They wanted to put their best players around the ball each play. That player was Luke Keuchly. Not sure how much he is developing but the player I would put there is Cantin-Arku. He's perfect for it.

Absolutely yes!

I think LaBrosse could be that guy too. A bigger safety and it seems like he was recruited to specifically fit that role.

I think LaBrosse could be that guy too. A bigger safety and it seems like he was recruited to specifically fit that role.

Literally had this convo with someone tonight. LaBrosse is PERFECT for this role.

I feel like Dino really did some thorough research on what he wanted his D to look like moving forward, took inventory of the players he has and who he's getting and then had Rocky Long advising him along the way.

Yes I would give him reps right behind Cantin. Similar skill set. Cantin has just shown more ability to play in the box and has a year under his belt. Im sure Labrosse can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom