Zack Mahoney receives a scholarship | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zack Mahoney receives a scholarship

Happy to hear that he was rewarded. If Dino likes what he's seen during the spring/camp then he deserves a scholarship.
Great to hear for Mahoney! I like this kid. Hopefully he has improved his accuracy. Bnoro its possible that you may need to eat your hat. ;)

Most of you dont know he was ahead of Dungey at one point in the spring.

This is great news on multiple levels. Beyond the well deserved accolades, it means Dino trusts Mahoney, and he's doing well enough that a scholarship is deserved. Bodes well for our QB depth as it implies we've got at least two QBs who know the new system. You wouldn't give him the scholarship if he didn't know the offense yet.

Very happy for this kid who 1000% earned his keep.

Disappointed we didn't do a cool in house video of it though. I saw what Dino tweeted out but I've also seen awesome reveals where the entire team is in on it. A couple of those have gone viral which would be great buzz for Cuse football. Plus with Newhouse on campus we should be savvy enough to do this stuff

This kid is a gamer. He's got that special something one can't teach. Similarly, so does Dungey, albeit in a much more athletic way. Would love to redshirt Culpepper if possible. Austin Wilson has been a good soldier but lets not forget his game performances and that his only other offer coming out was Eastern Michigan; arguably the worst Division 1 football school in the country. If you hit on 1 of 2 of these kinds of kids (Mahoney and Wilson), its pretty good. When the program gets to a level of being super selective of these types of kids with strong character and moxy, the sky is the limit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kyle Kleinberg get a scholly next year. Morris being injured opens the door for another special teams contributor and he did play DE and rush the passer at Don Bosco (Devito's school). Heard he's also working a bit at TE. I like the way Dino is using guys at multiple positions (off topic, i know). Lots of times it seems to me that coaches forget these are 18, 19 year old kids who may excel at something they've never really been given an opportunity to do before.

Great to hear for Mahoney! I like this kid. Hopefully he has improved his accuracy. Bnoro its possible that you may need to eat your hat. ;)
Lol...bnoro, do you have a favorite condiment?

Very happy for this kid who 1000% earned his keep.

Disappointed we didn't do a cool in house video of it though. I saw what Dino tweeted out but I've also seen awesome reveals where the entire team is in on it. A couple of those have gone viral which would be great buzz for Cuse football. Plus with Newhouse on campus we should be savvy enough to do this stuff

The tweet was perfect.

not sure if buffalo sauce or ketchup tastes better with hat fabric.
Not be boastful, but according to many, I make the best BBQ sauce known to man. I gladly donate a quart if I can witness your feast.

Sat next to zachs mom at the spring game 3 years ago. Wonderful woman, took a train here from Illinois just to watch the spring game. Being a gamer comes straight from mom! Congrats Zach! Interesting comments from Dino, so much for not watching any tape on his players' past performances, lol. How can you not see what your talent has done in game pressure situations. Go cuse!

Sat next to zachs mom at the spring game 3 years ago. Wonderful woman, took a train here from Illinois just to watch the spring game. Being a gamer comes straight from mom! Congrats Zach! Interesting comments from Dino, so much for not watching any tape on his players' past performances, lol. How can you not see what your talent has done in game pressure situations. Go cuse!
Zach wasn't on campus until last fall.

Zach wasn't on campus until last fall.

Then it was 2 Springs ago, my bad. It was a spring game i attended alone, thought it was 3 ago, 2 ago. Thank you for clearing that up:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom