Zed Williams to UVA | Syracusefan.com

Zed Williams to UVA

Well, do we know if:
1) SU offered a full or partial ride;
2) If UVa has a better program in his major;
3 If maybe the kid just wants to get out of NY.

Well, do we know if:
1) SU offered a full or partial ride;
2) If UVa has a better program in his major;
3 If maybe the kid just wants to get out of NY.
Probably 2,3. As to 1, native Americans get full rides at Cuse. No impact on the lax scholarship #.

Wow...maybe 2. He mentioned that UVA is FAR from home. I dunno...it seems like Desko's recruiting is becoming Pasqualoni-esque. Contrast Gait who brought in the #1 WLAX recruiting class this year.

Kind of surprised he is going to UVa, thought they would snag him. Always amazes me when when Iroquois kids turn down SU's Haudenosaunee Promise. Even without Zed, this class is stacked. Should end up being top 3-4 when all is said and done. To call that Pausquolini-esque is laughable.

Not surprising to be honest had heard over the summer he wasnt that high on SU and vice versa as it odd as it may sound Desko has other recruits coming in he likes better. Also expect qualifying to be an issue.

Not surprising to be honest had heard over the summer he wasnt that high on SU and vice versa as it odd as it may sound Desko has other recruits coming in he likes better. Also expect qualifying to be an issue.

Jeremy who do you like that they are bringing in? The Lane kid out of NJ is a intriguing prospect at 6'8. However, he doesn't move great from the video I've seen. Would be a dynamic feeder behind the cage if he works on his passing. Obviously, the JD kids will be good, but I've always liked the big time athletes (Mullins) Desko finds. Really bummed we couldn't keep Worstell in this last class. Interesting take on Desko's opinion of Zed as well...

What are your thoughts on Galasso as well? Do you think he fills a void we were missing? Ward and Rice seemed a little small for my tastes as quarterbacks... Aren't there anymore Nims or Leville's out there?? :)

Jeremy who do you like that they are bringing in? The Lane kid out of NJ is a intriguing prospect at 6'8. However, he doesn't move great from the video I've seen. Would be a dynamic feeder behind the cage if he works on his passing. Obviously, the JD kids will be good, but I've always liked the big time athletes (Mullins) Desko finds. Really bummed we couldn't keep Worstell in this last class. Interesting take on Desko's opinion of Zed as well...

What are your thoughts on Galasso as well? Do you think he fills a void we were missing? Ward and Rice seemed a little small for my tastes as quarterbacks... Aren't there anymore Nims or Leville's out there?? :)

Sorry for the delay, had a commitment yesterday that took up most of my night. Let me note first of all that I certainly wish Williams was coming here, the kid is talented no doubt, but I was pretty sure from what I heard he wasnt coming here so no sour grapes just not surprised.

As to your questions let me see me if I can address them one by one.

First of the JD kids are going to be huge, Evans is allready a top 5 kid and should have an absolute monster season this year. The kid to really keep an eye on is Maltz brother Dylan, big time player. Had offers from Virginia, Hopkins, Maryland you name it, putting up ridiculous numbers he will ease the loss of Williams though Maltz does play attack. Dont forget that SU is also keeping a close eye on a couple of OCC kids this year including there best player Staats who if he does go to college (big if) will likely be SU.

Worstell was a big loss but I believe he accepted a fball scholarship near his home on the west coast, hard to fault the kid. Dont forget we have the kid from Penn Yan Voight coming in 2014 who is allready tearing it up in highschool. Several posters on Laxpower are raving about this kid and had some great showings this fall at some camps.

You will also see a couple of recruits who were redshirted this past year make an impact this year and moving forward including Dejohn and Grimm.

Galasso was a huge addition for a number of reasons, the big one is that Desko and recruiting overall has taken some hits the past few seasons. Not only have we missed out on a couple big players several under the radar guys and guys who were big time but not elite level recruits have simply not panned out. This has been evidenced on the offensive end and faceoffs. Syracuse has really taken a beating down on Long Island where we have historically struggled going back to the glory days of the 90's. We also lost out on a couple semi local guys like Rotanz and the kid from Caz. Getting guys like Daniello and Galasso to come in and bridge the gap to the 2013 and 2014 kids is absolutely huge especially Galasso, christ the kids a stud I dont know what UNC was thinking.

I know recruiting was down there for a little bit but the Leveilles and Nims that you mentioned are on the horizone the 2013 and 2014 classes are really shaping up well from local guys like Evans, Voight, and the Thorpe kid from JE (look him up) we are looking at a similar classes to the Hardy, Perritt, Nims years. If we can add someone like Staats, wow watch out.

In other words ... he'll be transferring to SU in 2014.
Yes, he'll definitely be in for some culture shock, unless UVa has a Native American tradition that I don't know about.

OT- when I clicked to another article at the linked Buffalo News site, a page popped up giving me a countdown of how many more stories I could look at before a paid subscription for online viewing was required. I wonder if the PoS will go to that same model when they make their change?

Yes, he'll definitely be in for some culture shock, unless UVa has a Native American tradition that I don't know about.

OT- when I clicked to another article at the linked Buffalo News site, a page popped up giving me a countdown of how many more stories I could look at before a paid subscription for online viewing was required. I wonder if the PoS will go to that same model when they make their change?

I'm seeing that happen alot now, either limited number of stories, or just being able to read a teaser paragraph or two.

Are we going after Henderson from Ithaca. From what I've seen he has the speed and athleticism needed, skills are coming nicely, just a question of decision making and grades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom