zero dark thirty | Syracusefan.com

zero dark thirty

upperdeck

Living Legend
was I the only one who came out of that wondering why the hype and why the lead got an oscar nod? did the real life person she portrayed really act that way or does she always act like she is made of card board?

I know its a semi true telling of the story but it was told in such a slow, dry , non intense way im surprised that people reading the screen play even though it would make a good film.

I read the book "no easy day" and it was no great read but it sure was a better page turner than this movie..

if you are going to tell a story about the long search at least explain the reasons for the long search

I also read the book no easy day and I agree with you. Sorry to hear that zero dark thirty was so slow. I was planning on seeing it. I love the Vince Flynn books but I am afraid he is to impolitical correct for hollywood to turn any of his books into movies.

Agreed. ZD30 was just OK. The real time scene of the raid on UBLs house was worth the price of admission,though.

The raid sequence made the movie. Chastain was very good, though, I thought. Showed how singularly driven the character was. The last shot showed that...what does she do now?

Agreed. ZD30 was just OK. The real time scene of the raid on UBLs house was worth the price of admission,though.

Ya totally agree. In retrospect, though, why didnt they show the coptor crash? Still not clear to me what happened there

vince flynn is working hard to get his movie made.. sold away his control to help get it done right.. still working on a main lead last i heard.

The raid sequence made the movie. Chastain was very good, though, I thought. Showed how singularly driven the character was. The last shot showed that...what does she do now?

That part i took away, but its hard too see that that type of insubordination to every person of authority would have been allowed for that long. it implied some things but never showed the why in her char. the group i went with all agreed she was the one char we didnt like in the movie..

still showing her as driven does not mean it was a great acting job. she basically pouted thru the whole movie.

is this a just another remake of the made for cable classic thirteen dark inches?

vince flynn is working hard to get his movie made.. sold away his control to help get it done right.. still working on a main lead last i heard.
The guy that could play Mitch Rapp is jason statham a real bad ass. I still don't see the movie getting made. Hollywood will not go there with the way Mitch handles the bad guys, and you know who the bad guys are in his novels.

they want to do the american assassin movie first so need a younger looking 25ish kid. hemsworth already turned them down , his name is pretty hot right now and might have helped . they will be like the jack reacher novels in that no so much special effects heavy they can be done for a pretty decent budget.

they want to do the american assassin movie first so need a younger looking 25ish kid. hemsworth already turned them down , his name is pretty hot right now and might have helped . they will be like the jack reacher novels in that no so much special effects heavy they can be done for a pretty decent budget.
Always wondered why he made Mitch a former lacrosse player at Syracuse, since I don't know that Flynn has any connection to Syracuse.American assasin is ok, but my favorite book of his was the first one I read Extreme Measures. Plan to read it a second time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom