Zero respect from Minn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zero respect from Minn

Meh. They won by 7 last year in a game where we beat ourselves and they've beaten nobody this year that should give them such a superiority complex. They are 8-4 with 4 cupcake wins and no major wins, we are 6-6 with 2 cupcake wins and no major wins. Its pretty much a toss up which makes them talking as if they were ohio state a bit perplexing.

If I remember correctly Pugh was out for the MN game last year.

goofers will blow and crow about beating NW, but that was after Ohio State broke them for the season and they had everyone but their fricking water boy sitting out the minisoooDUH game!

Ok...This is how I see it. You guys are whiney pansies that got too many little league participation achievement trophies.
Respect is earned.

They beat our 8-5 team last year pretty handily.

Beat us at the Gun in Marrone's first game.

Beat us when Malcom Thomas didn't really fumble with McNabb.

Last time Syracuse beat Minnesota, Marvin Harrison played.

Why should they respect us?

To them, it is like they are playing Tulane.

So let Brom and Spirull and Davis and Eskridge etc. earn it by smashing their gopher teeth in.

Let Rome run their LBs over. Let our newfound corp of competent wideouts run free behind their safties.

They can respect us in the 4th quarter when they are down 18.

Otherwise, it comes off to me as whining.

Since when is Minnesota that good in football ? Last 4 yrs, they are 20 - 29 (3 - 9, 3 - 9, 6 - 7, 8 - 4) and the Cuse is 27 - 23 (8 - 5, 5 - 7, 8 - 5, 6- 6). Even though they beat us twice in that period, we have two bowl wins...

Make it three on 12/27 in Houston.

Honestly. I am surprised so many here have such recall of our games against the Gophers. SU has played so many great teams over the past couple of decades. Minnesota is just not one of them.

Since when is Minnesota that good in football ? Last 4 yrs, they are 20 - 29 (3 - 9, 3 - 9, 6 - 7, 8 - 4) and the Cuse is 27 - 23 (8 - 5, 5 - 7, 8 - 5, 6- 6). Even though they beat us twice in that period, we have two bowl wins...

Make it three on 12/27 in Houston.

But their coach has epilepsy, so they think that makes them special.

There is a dude on there board now saying that Iowa would beat Florida State. They for the most part seem to exist on some alternate plane of reality and should be ignored. This will not be an easy game, but if the offense can reproduce its performance of a week ago, we should have a really good shot.

Honestly. I am surprised so many here have such recall of our games against the Gophers. SU has played so many great teams over the past couple of decades. Minnesota is just not one of them.
if we would have won, we'd have very little recall. all three losses were really frustrating and avoidable.

But their coach has epilepsy, so they think that makes them special.

I give Minnesota lot's of respect for allowing their coach to carry on. In the SEC the rabbi fans would stomp and tread all over a coach under those terrible conditions.

Comments like this should left in one's head.

I give Minnesota lot's of respect for allowing their coach to carry on. In the SEC the rabbi fans would stomp and tread all over a coach under those terrible conditions.

Comments like this should left in one's head.

The only thing more annoying then delusional Gopher Fans is our resident psycho stalker PantherHawk (Iowa Fan). Be prepared for him to talk incoherent trash about the Gophers for the next 3 weeks.

The only thing more annoying then delusional Gopher Fans is our resident psycho stalker PantherHawk (Iowa Fan). Be prepared for him to talk incoherent trash about the Gophers for the next 3 weeks.

Sounds like RutgersAl. Be prepared, he's coming your way.

Sounds like RutgersAl. Be prepared, he's coming your way.
Correct. Soon, he will find your most popular board and create page-long posts about how BIG DANNY GREEN will become the first OT to win the Heisman and the lightly regarded QB who spends most of his time on his back is poised for a BREAKOUT YEAR and the Knights will be taking the B1G by storm so watch out we're coming!!!!

i kinda get it - this is their best season in a while and they wanted a big bowl. that said - they definitely arent a program that is too good for us
If you remember last year, they toyed with us, and we were never really in the game, so they do have some logic to base their opinion on.

I wish we still had Shamarko for this one so he could break someone's face. This begs the question of who has been our biggest hitter this year? Cam Lynch?
Lynch or Kirkland maybe.

Oh, you trying to get this one locked too now retro?

Because when I read your words, this was in my head...

rabbi.jpg

*Please for the love of God, YHWH, etc, no should take any offense to his post. It is a joke inspired by a bad typo and prior milky nude women and my love for busting the chops of other posters...

For truth, the above image was at a Matisyahu show.

If the results were reversed we wouldnt be playing them in a bowl. We wouldve beaten penn state week 10 @ home. Would they have beaten them week 1 @ a neutral site before their team was busted up? Beating them this year wouldn't be big win regardless, just a win over a big name. Northwestern pre and post ohio state were an all together different team as well so no I wouldn't be saying the same thing.

I see what your're saying, but let's say we were an 8-9 win team and in our bowl we were playing a team

1. With less wins than us

2. Who lost to two mutual opponents we beat

3. Who we've beaten the last couple times we've played

How would that play here?

Good thing we can prove it on the field in three weeks.

If you remember last year, they toyed with us, and we were never really in the game, it was close but we would get close then cough it up. It was a pathetic depressing game. I know you can say we had our chances but with this game, I was sure from what I was seeing, than no matter what chance we ended up with. we would blow it.

Oh, you trying to get this one locked too now retro?

Because when I read your words, this was in my head...

rabbi.jpg

*Please for the love of God, YHWH, etc, no should take any offense to his post. It is a joke inspired by a bad typo and prior milky nude women and my love for busting the chops of other posters...

For truth, the above image was at a Matisyahu show.
Ha! I thought about posting something similar when I read this, but then work got in the way.:(

Well done.

I see what your're saying, but let's say we were an 8-9 win team and in our bowl we were playing a team

1. With less wins than us

2. Who lost to two mutual opponents we beat

3. Who we've beaten the last couple times we've played

How would that play here?

Good thing we can prove it on the field in three weeks.

I see your point but I'd be more p*ssed at our schedule makers at that point vs our potential opponent. Perhaps it's just a perspective thing as we've watched Va Tech and then Rutgers build programs on patsies and been disgusted with the process vs dwelling in the B1G and assuming "well that's just how it's done".